Poll: Use your vote dawgs

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Best replacement for Metamorphosis?

The reason I play Demo is Metamorphosis. I don't know what will fill it's place if they remove it from Demos. We could become Illidan with it and now we're not special. No reason to have it anymore. We need cooler things, if there is one.

Maybe we'll have some kinda pet resource. Each demon pets will have their own cooldowns. It's like Grimoire of Service, but with every pets(including Doomguard and Infernal). You can't use them all at the same time, that would be overpowered as hell. You'll use max 3 pets for 25 secs, but you won't be able to use the same pets for 2 mins. You think this will be ability bloat? Meta abilities will be removed when they remove Meta. So, you'll have the same amount of abilities I think, but I don't know. Still, we could be CC machines.

More like you could have something like "Demonic Possession" where you combine your powers with your demon to boost certain abilities. As a "Demon Master" one should be to take something from their minion, even forcibly.

Judging from WoD....Blizzard isn't going to invest any time or effort into Warlock.

We will more than likely just get 1 or 2 extra cd's that summon some minion, or multiple minions....wow, so excite zzzzzzzzzz

Basically it will be the equivalent of Murder of Crows or Stampede, yes, Demonology is the new BM Hunter

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    More like you could have something like "Demonic Possession" where you combine your powers with your demon to boost certain abilities. As a "Demon Master" one should be to take something from their minion, even forcibly.
    You mean grimiore of sacrifice...?

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    You mean grimiore of sacrifice...?
    No, I was thinking something a bit more specific. Like the Imp improves your Soulfire adding a burn effect. Succubus changes Agony to Doom. While maintaining your demon.

No, I was thinking something a bit more specific. Like the Imp improves your Soulfire adding a burn effect. Succubus changes Agony to Doom. While maintaining your demon.
    Hmm, interesting, but in that process do you kill them?

Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    Hmm, interesting, but in that process do you kill them?
    No, think of it as "Soul Drain". You absorb a small amount of their power, keeping them alive, to increase a specific spell in your arsenal. Though the demon swapping mechanic that might introduce may be a bit troublesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about just not replacing it? I mean, the idea of a summoned spec sounds good on paper, but trying to play an RTS spec in WoW, even if the UI supported it, would be a bigger clusterfuck than Cata Demo.

- - - Updated - - -

No, think of it as "Soul Drain". You absorb a small amount of their power, keeping them alive, to increase a specific spell in your arsenal. Though the demon swapping mechanic that might introduce may be a bit troublesome.
    Sounds like Cata Demo pet Twisting gone full retard.

Mechanicwise, Grimoire of Synergy already increases your all ability damage by %15. If you mean by changing abilities by like, Singe Magic to Clone Magic, that would be cool.

Here, I have one;

Pet AI that doesn't get stuck on every minor object, constantly despawn and finally, after 10 long years, learns how to jump down ledges.

I'd take that over meta.

Oh and while we're at it, drop the stupid hunter AI for pets. If I fear my target, I don't want my pet to completely forget what day of the week it is and go off shopping or whatever. I want it to do as I told it to and remain attacking the feared target.

I think Blizzard seems to like the idea of secondary resources. Take a little history: we have DK's using runes and runic power, monks using energy and chi, the pally revamp using holy power, spriests revamp using shadow orbs (though admittedly this one seems to be getting another revamp.) I'm speculating that the new demonology would be a system where you use mana to cast spells that will build up your secondary resource. This secondary resource will then be spent in summoning demons (such as wild imps, felhunters, pit lords, doomguards, etc.) I picture the warlock placing a portal (much like the one used by Kanrethad in the green fire quest or Gul'dan when he summoned Archimonde) in a strategic location and the demons spawn from the demonic portal.

I think this could have an interesting flavor, but it brings up important questions about ensuring that the summoned demons are all effective and that the spec would work from a playstyle standpoint. Allowing the warlock to choose where and when the demons are spawned can help reduce AI problems and good portal placement could help distinguish a good warlock from a poor one. However whenever we consider pets (especially if we start talking about many at a time) it is important to address the fact that many fights are pet unfriendly. I envision the summoned demons to be immune to AoE and must be killed by targeted attacks. Thus in PvE they would behave much like a DoT whereas the warlock's minion continues to enjoy normal levels of AoE damage reduction. In PvP the question would become is it worth taking the time to stomp demons to avoid damage (much like the question if it is worth dispelling a debuff or just healing.) The harder question is whether the demons would remain able to attack. I remember in WoD beta that wild imps wouldn't attack at all and would just despawn after the timer cap. Such bugs would be devastating in such a system.

In a demon-centered system, a major requirement is providing a way for the warlock to control the minions. Having a bunch of imps randomly shooting random targets isn't useful damage. Perhaps some sort of hunter's mark to show which targets to attack? I imagine a system where a warlock may mark the main boss for consistent summoned-demon damage, but where the direct spells and the minion would continue to move around priority targets. It would give fit a niche on fights where you need to keep consistent damage on a big boss while allowing snap priority to adds.

Meta in and of itself is just what naturally happens from gaining more fel / demonic powers.

It's honestly odd that we don't all look like illidan with horns and hooves considering what warlocks are about, the glaives are really the only thing that should be unique to DH's in that aesthetic. That's also part of why they gave us horns when we sit on a high amount of demonic fury.

I'm not sure there's any logical reason to replace it with something in that regard... but at the same time I don't see them leaving it on us when its supposed to be this big staple part of demon hunters now...

I honestly don't expect we'll have an equivalent, I think we're just gonna be about pets. watcher in one of the interviews that just got put out made it sound like it'd be about summoning lots of demons as opposed to beast mastery's powering up 1 pet.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Not entirely convinced by the idea of summoning demons as a resource spend.
    Pets have historically been problematic with various issues such as pathing and travel time between targets, hence GoSac.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Not entirely convinced by the idea of summoning demons as a resource spend.
    Pets have historically been problematic with various issues such as pathing and travel time between targets, hence GoSac.
    I don't like the idea of sacrifing my pet. A Warlock without its pets isn't a real Warlock. That's why Demonology is the real Warlock spec, because Warlocks are known for their demons. But the very moment I love about having a pet is, when I get CCed, my pet can CC them.

I have no problem with Sacrificial Pact tho. That's my favorite 2nd tier Warlock talent.

Maybe we will get rain of chaos

Deleted
    to be clear, nowhere does it say demo locks loose meta, just that it wont dominate the spec which leads me to believe that its going to be something like a rppm trinket proc where you turn into a demon at random due to a fel energy overcharge during which you deal more dmg.

Summon Legion
    -> summons 2 of each of your demons

Deleted
    I just want my Felguard to be strong and to have some nice core caster gameplay. Felguard used to feel OP as fuck at some points during TBC. Give me that back instead of the crappy paper felguard that falls over if he's looked at.

Other than that, just clean up the caster gameplay and give us a nice playstyle with some more pet interactions between our spells and the demon and vice versa - GoSyn is something that I've always went for over the alternative as demo if it was viable, I like that.

What I don't want is
    Pit lords: They won't be large enough or they'd be a huge mess on the screen, and if they're not large, what's the point?
    Swarms of big pets: It'll just look like a clusterfuck and I'm not sure how that's interesting gameplay.

I don't need my screen swamped in clutter to feel like a summoner specs. Imps are a'ight since they're small enough and the fireballs are a neat visual, but I don't want it to look like a hunter popped stampede all the time. That's obnoxious.

Just give us nice core caster gameplay with demon related trappings, don't go full retard on making everything about the pets - you can make something themed without going all in and cutting everything else. Same argument I've made for affliction in the past. Having a hard cast like Shadowbolt never stopped affliction from feeling like a dot spec. Having nice caster gameplay won't stop demo feeling like a demon spec if they get the thematics of the things around it right.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    to be clear, nowhere does it say demo locks loose meta, just that it wont dominate the spec which leads me to believe that its going to be something like a rppm trinket proc where you turn into a demon at random due to a fel energy overcharge during which you deal more dmg.
    Seen far more people saying it'd go back to a cooldown if it remains, this is the first I've heard of it becoming an rppm proc. If anything, I'd expect it to be merged with DS if they want to keep the imagery, which I'm not sure they do.

Justin Beiber hate? What year is this? 2013?

Transforming into Dreadlords! i like this! work like dark apoteosis? fear become sleep? hand of gul'dan become Carrion Swarm? curses become aura? wait, a caster become a melee? AWESOME! would be interested , let stand is cast shadowbolt/soulfire... meh