Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    There's storage. And risk that it's a bad bottle.
    While true, the liquor store runs at least the storage risk.

I mean... 100% markup is by no means uncommon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've easily paid that much for a sandwich in Manhattan. Hell, I've paid $20 for a sandwich before, but they are normally huge and last two meals.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a six inch sub to be worth it at $9.00, it's gotta be something special. There's gotta be some exotic ingredients, something worth the cost. Because I can go to Subway and get a footlong for $7-8 with chips and a drink. Even if Firehouse has better quality than Subway, I'd still chose Subway because I'm getting more food for less cost. It had better be an amazing six inch sub.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I joked with him for $9.00 that better be the best Sub ever made no way some one could afford a $9.00 sub for lunch but maybe once a week!
    Are you actually someone working in mall security? That'd explain some things..

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    For a six inch sub to be worth it at $9.00, it's gotta be something special. There's gotta be some exotic ingredients, something worth the cost. Because I can go to Subway and get a footlong for $7-8 with chips and a drink. Even if Firehouse has better quality than Subway, I'd still chose Subway because I'm getting more food for less cost. It had better be an amazing six inch sub.
    I die a little every time I see the bold. Here, have some dog food. 50 lbs will run you between $20 and $50.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I die a little every time I see the bold. Here, have some dog food. 50 lbs will run you between $20 and $50.
    Rednecks will be rednecks. The fact that he responded to the OP with similar surprise about the price already did enough.

Deleted
    Is subway waaayy cheaper in the US than most other countries?

for a good packed sub? yeah. for subways 90-95% bread subs? hell no.

I bought a subway one time when i was drunk with like double meat and double cheese, was over £10. So what?