Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Heh so there are people that like that ... noise?

The first part of Shiva is okay. But once she transitions into P2, I made the effort to disable that "music" during the fight.... as a healer.
    Yeah I admit it's a bit loud and the audio could do with some work but tbh it's an amazing song nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Isander View Post
    Take a look at the album called "Distant worlds" it's based on the Final Fantasy OSTs. Pure gold !
    Square Enix also did a Bravely Default one which was pretty good too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 3 level 50s and have never listened to any of the music. I always play while listening to podcasts. Listened to some of these though and King Moogle was the standout. Ramuh...oof.

Deleted
    I think the music in FFXIV is fantastic, I love it. There are so many pieces that I'd listen to on their own, and so much variety. It really adds to the feeling of the zones and fights for me. Some of it is just really beautiful and evocative.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Having dedicated boss battle themes in this game is one detail I thoroughly enjoy that I noticed I never observed in WoW.
    Yes, I love that too. The closest I remember WoW coming is Pit of Saron, and that's maybe just because it was such completely different music for the whole dungeon. It was a bit of a Quake II moment. WoW has had some truly outstanding music too though, but more of a single style; I think FFXIV benefits by having so much variety.

The music in Alex is awesome.

Pharos Sirius and Garuda are my favourite so far.

at first I thought it was very generic, but some kind people on here linked me to youtube videos of boss music which is mostly fantastic.
    It's not quite the orchestral quality of wow, but there's some great stuff in FFXIV. Crank it up on the primal fights!

Personally I find myself going to Azys Lla just to listen to the music. I also love Ramuhs music. It reminds me of the type of music they used in late 80s early 90s anime previews also agreed, the Alexander music is epic.

actually no, I love all the music in FF14. I just wish square didn't hate Australia and sold the soundtracks locally
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2015-11-17 at 04:16 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The music is the saving grace of this game IMHO.

It has the unfortunate side effect of setting high expectations for the rest of the game though.

It seems to be one aspect of the game that didn't become "mass produced" and is still being "crafted by masters".

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    Personally I find myself going to Azys Lla just to listen to the music. I also love Ramuhs music. It reminds me of the type of music they used in late 80s early 90s anime previews also agreed, the Alexander music is epic.

actually no, I love all the music in FF14. I just wish square didn't hate Australia and sold the soundtracks locally
    I managed to buy a few tracks from my local iTunes even though I'm not in NA/EU/JP.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    The music is the saving grace of this game IMHO.

It has the unfortunate side effect of setting high expectations for the rest of the game though.

It seems to be one aspect of the game that didn't become "mass produced" and is still being "crafted by masters".

I managed to buy a few tracks from my local iTunes even though I'm not in NA/EU/JP.
    There is literally nothing Square Enix for FF14 that I can find

I just imported ARR and Before Meteor from Japan. I've been meaning to import Before the fall however I sadly don't have the spare $$$ at the moment

I have A Realm Reborn.

I do plan to get...
    Before Meteor (reasonably cheap used on Amazon now)
    Before the Fall
    Heavensward (when released)

But I've been building a Final Fantasy OST collection for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I have A Realm Reborn.

I do plan to get...
    Before Meteor (reasonably cheap used on Amazon now)
    Before the Fall
    Heavensward (when released)

But I've been building a Final Fantasy OST collection for years now.
    I thought about waiting for the full OST to release for Heavensward on the Bluray Music Disc to go with the three I have (and the FF-X I got for my wife, it's one of her favorites)...but when they started releasing 5-6 songs at a time in mini-volumes on iTunes I decided I didn't want to wait that long.