Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Lawyer shows off the top of my head that haven't been listed here: Scandal, How to get away with Murder, though scandal is more about politics than lawyer-y stuff. I kind of throw political shows into the lawyer genre as a subgenre. As already mentioned, Suits is pretty popular. There was a show about a female lawyer taking over her father's practice recently, but I think it got axed.

I always keep track of the lawyer shows because I have my J.D. and I like to yell at how horribly far away from reality they are.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Lawyer shows off the top of my head that haven't been listed here: Scandal, How to get away with Murder, though scandal is more about politics than lawyer-y stuff. I kind of throw political shows into the lawyer genre as a subgenre. As already mentioned, Suits is pretty popular. There was a show about a female lawyer taking over her father's practice recently, but I think it got axed.

I always keep track of the lawyer shows because I have my J.D. and I like to yell at how horribly far away from reality they are.
    Sounds like perhaps you might like the law comedy The Grinder, Fred Savage (lawyer in show) plays Rob Lowe's brother, and is always complaining "No that's not how it works, that's not what it means." [paraphrase]

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Sounds like perhaps you might like the law comedy The Grinder, Fred Savage (lawyer in show) plays Rob Lowe's brother, and is always complaining "No that's not how it works, that's not what it means." [paraphrase]
    Yeah, i've seen Grinder, it's alright, didn't laugh that much, comdram perhaps? Hmm, I wonder if it'd stick around. I won't put political shows as a sub-genre of lawyer shows, they are there own thing and often tend to be of MUCH higher quality overall, and a lot fewer, Westwing, Scandal, House of Cards, Madame Secretary and there's another one that's kinda like a comedy, starts with an attache to the U.S embassy in a middle east country getting in the cross fires of a military coup de tar, it's supposed to be comedy - but it was generally higher quality than the majority of lawyer shows which tend to have a lot of Grand standing and not much else except for a hot cast if you count Reckless, which I believe is the lawyer show with the girl who inherits her practice from her late father.

Harry's Law, seemed really good on its first season, and just went to pants on season 2, there are some shows like that i remembert his 6 episode sorta hero show, great season 1, changed it completely round season 2 and sucked so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Yeah, i've seen Grinder, it's alright, didn't laugh that much, comdram perhaps? Hmm, I wonder if it'd stick around. I won't put political shows as a sub-genre of lawyer shows, they are there own thing and often tend to be of MUCH higher quality overall, and a lot fewer, Westwing, Scandal, House of Cards, Madame Secretary and there's another one that's kinda like a comedy, starts with an attache to the U.S embassy in a middle east country getting in the cross fires of a military coup de tar, it's supposed to be comedy - but it was generally higher quality than the majority of lawyer shows which tend to have a lot of Grand standing and not much else except for a hot cast if you count Reckless, which I believe is the lawyer show with the girl who inherits her practice from her late father.

Harry's Law, seemed really good on its first season, and just went to pants on season 2, there are some shows like that i remembert his 6 episode sorta hero show, great season 1, changed it completely round season 2 and sucked so hard.
    The pilot was good, episode 2 was meh. But that seems to be the trend, usually the pilot is ok, and the episodes improve over time. This year it seems the pilots are actually pretty good, but when the series airs it seems like they forgot what the hell they were writing about.