Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There's no such thing as too ugly.

People tend to hook up with people of similar attractiveness. 10s get with 10s, and 1s get with 1s. There really is somebody for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi256 View Post

People tend to hook up with people of similar attractiveness. 10s get with 10s, and 1s get with 1s. There really is somebody for everybody.
    And if nobody then it means too ugly.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi256 View Post

Or another theory....
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Or another theory....
    Well isn't that a coincidence.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's that x% never meet that someone, I think it's that x% don't try hard enough. Even people with all kinds of hideous injuries and lost limbs find people, as do grossly overweight people and unemployed rednecks in trailer parks.

Some people will definitely have a harder time finding someone, but I think the saying holds true, you just gotta try hard enough. In this day and age with internet dating being so popular, people really only have themselves to blame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    Lilla Blomma and adam86shadow, I think you will enjoy this http://jonmillward.com/blog/attracti...ng-experiment/
    I did a similar experiment on a gay dating site... Put up a picture of an underwear model that didn't look too fake. Within 24hrs there was 75 messages and 50 private picture requests.

Deleted
    Or another theory....
    [IMG]http://hoaxmuseumimages.s3.amazonaws.com/lotterywinner.jpg[IMG]
    I laughed.

Or another theory....
    he DID find the love of HIS life, she prolly did not, however =P

Deleted
    Online dating is also a postcode lottery. Your geographical location is another deciding factor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Online dating is also a postcode lottery. Your geographical location is another deciding factor
    Turns out sitting in my home office is a bad place to find love, even the office romances are often one sided.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone has their own standards. There is nothing wrong with having standards and there's nothing wrong with not being interested in someone below your standards, even in regards to aesthetics.

"Love" is not something you "find". It's something you do.

"There's someone out there" is subjective in and of itself. There's no such thing as a "soulmate" (ie, "meant to be"). It is possible, however, that nearly everyone could find someone (demographics and standards aside).

In regards to "online dating": I find it to be more effective as it tends to expose character "traits" you'd rather know prior to meeting them and allows you to weed out the bad ones with little-to-no effort.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2015-10-09 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I don't think it's that x% never meet that someone, I think it's that x% don't try hard enough. Even people with all kinds of hideous injuries and lost limbs find people, as do grossly overweight people and unemployed rednecks in trailer parks.

Some people will definitely have a harder time finding someone, but I think the saying holds true, you just gotta try hard enough. In this day and age with internet dating being so popular, people really only have themselves to blame.
    I feel like it could depend on your sexuality online dating isn't going to work for everyone.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

So yeah, online dating is a waste of time, and the paywall sites such as jdate or any other cash grabbing idiots are the bottom of the dirt, they have no shame and will resort to anything to get into your wallet, including but limited to creating fake accounts and sending fake messages.

So that's about online dating.

And regarding someone for everyone - I'd say its more accurate to say "someone for some people". some people need to learn to be happy single. Which isn't that bad. I'm not complaining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Rofl, I got messages from people who were in singapore, people in qatar, people in greece, in germany and so forth. Like, I don't even. No way of blocking them from contacting me either, it's pointless even messaging me when they're that far away. ._.

But most people messaging me was from copenhagen or malmö.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    he DID find the love of HIS life, she prolly did not, however =P
    Yeah she did. It was the money lol.

Deleted
    Turns out sitting in my home office is a bad place to find love, even the office romances are often one sided.
    Try finding an attractive local gay guy in my town is like finding a golden egg in TESCO

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I feel like it could depend on your sexuality online dating isn't going to work for everyone.
    Unless your not into women OR men, I don't see that being an issue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Unless your not into women OR men, I don't see that being an issue
    Note to self, register domain "zoodate.com".

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    Rofl, I got messages from people who were in singapore, people in qatar, people in greece, in germany and so forth. Like, I don't even. No way of blocking them from contacting me either, it's pointless even messaging me when they're that far away. ._.

But most peopel messaging me was from copenhagen or malmö.
    I occasionally get similar, I automatically assume passport grabbers

I don't believe there's a 'soulmate' or one person for you.

More like depending on who you are there are a certain number of people you will compatible with at this point in time.