Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When was the last time you treated yourself?

I can't remember to be honest, but I think I might of bought myself a $10 fishing lure 15 years ago. I lost it on the first bite I got..because I suck at tying knots.

Deleted
    "Treated yourself" means what? O_o

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every day.

Seriously, i'm selfish and I just buy stuff for myself literally every single day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

7+ Year Old Account
    I bought a 200 dollar starter kit of Phillips Hue Gen 2 light bulbs yesterday. Nobody needs it, but I work in a home office and the light definitely makes it more comfortable.

That's how I justify these things. Haha
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally only buy new things to replace broken ones. Rarely do I splurge on things that don't involve my wife or my children. Won $1000 a few years back and upgraded my pc pretty hard with it, that's the last time in recent memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post

I guess I mean, when was the last time you bought something frivolous for yourself.

Deleted
    ... Doesn't frivolous mean false or something like that?

I buy a new car every year. That's my splurge. When it's time to replace things that break, I always upgrade.

I spent $2 on some garlic stuffed olives that were marked down and had a coupon, today.

Nothing big though, times are too hard and if you slack up you will be paying for it soon enough.
    People ask me why I dont get medical things looked at, expense that cannot be spared.

Yesterday. I frequently get me some good quality ice-cream or something of the sort.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Doesn't frivolous mean false or something like that?
    Something you don't really need, but buy anyway.

Here's a clip from a documentary that explains it well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP3xf6BFEIo

I bought a new laptop almost 3 months ago since my old one was 7 or 8 years old. I still feel buyer's remorse about it. I typically feel this way about most things I buy and that's why I almost always only buy things that I absolutely need - and even then, I try to get the best deals possible on my necessities.

Every day, once a day

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Canuck View Post
    I guess I mean, when was the last time you bought something frivolous for yourself.
    Well, going by this loose definition: Today. Like everyday, basically.

Most things I purchase are unnecessary or at best I could acquire far cheaper. Everything from video games, going to the movies or buying music records to frappes and macchiatos or shoes & makeup are not needed for my survival or well being. A lot of this stuff make my well being worse in a some respects, to be honest.

Bought 3 Chromecast Audio's today, to give them a whirl. A bit disappointing, thought that you would be able to group multiples together (like sonos).

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, going by this loose definition: Today. Like everyday, basically.

Most things I purchase are unnecessary or at best I could acquire far cheaper. Everything from video games, going to the movies or buying music records to frappes and macchiatos or shoes & makeup are not needed for my survival or well being. A lot of this stuff make my well being worse in a some respects, to be honest.
    at least you are honest in your horridness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought some croissants entirely for myself for 4€ today, does that count?

I also bought the expansion for GW2 about a week ago so that must count.

I had a small sundae last night...does that count?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    I had a small sundae last night...does that count?

sadly, it does count.