Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to literally build myself better, along with functional immortality. I'd prefer biological uplifts over cybernetics, but hey, growing pains, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    I despise transhumanism and believe in our AI overlords who will be much more capable of handle the world than I

I thought H+ meant Hydrogen. I was like, umm, I identify with H2 mixed with an O...

I despise transhumanism and believe in our AI overlords who will be much more capable of handle the world than I
    Me too. Although they would likely end up competing against each other for finite resources same as any other life form. Probably they wouldn't mess things up quite as badly as humans though. Humans simply can't grasp large numbers, and if we find a resource available in large quantities our brains tend to confuse "large" with "infinite", and we wind up completely exhausting that resource in record time. Like with the maori with moa for instance. Or our current world civilization with oil. AI would would have a much better grasp of large numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    The universe is a big scary place, we need to be ready for anything and transcending our basic evolutionary state is the best way to go.

Trans-humanism sounds like its just scientific advancement skipping a few steps. Nobody could imagine things like mechanical heart valves or replacement limbs that correspond to your brain and behave like real limbs, yet here we are.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Trans-humanism sounds like its just scientific advancement skipping a few steps.
    Transhumanists are just a bunch of people who want the future now. Actually yesterday if possible. And while the idea sounds great, the fact is they're giving themselves a label like they're above everyone else is just laughable.

They don't contribute to science. As far as I know there's no real funding they have provided. It's like saying I'm a millionaire without actually making the millions.
    Nobody could imagine things like mechanical heart valves or replacement limbs that correspond to your brain and behave like real limbs, yet here we are.
    No need for mechanical devices when they can remake a human.

Personally towards bio enhancing, cybernetics seem too limited and you can do as much with biological changes, the issue with cybernetics i the requirement for an energy source, which creates dependency, food can always be grown and foraged.
    Enhancing self repair, cure aging, reverse death if it happens, enhancing musculature, neural connections and so forth. Maybe a mixture of both, but was never much of a proponent of absolute cybernetics. Depends on how material research goes.

Been fascinated with transhumanism since very very young, say around 4ish? Humans can be so much more, but the truth is we will likely use it for senseless things like forehead vaginas and triple penii.
    Anyway my stance on it, absolute freedom, do w/e you want as long as it affects only yourself. Entities such as governments will fade out of existence in time, something that is even today getting more and more obsolete, with decentralisation of production and power that is an inevitable outcome unless there is a real powergrab. Big financial entities will likely hold power instead, in time even the notion of money will likely fade away, but thats not in the near future.

My only hope is that im young enough to grab a cure for aging, and take it from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone forgot to close the door the some Tumblr escaped!
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Someone forgot to close the door the some Tumblr escaped!
    Stop conparing transhumanism with something on Tumblr.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Stop conparing transhumanism with something on Tumblr.
    It's more the stuff you see on dodgy ted talks.