Deleted

Question Help me disc better (with logs)

Hey! I've recently switched guilds, and I feel like I'm not as competitive with our other healers as I ought to be. A good example is our first Mannoroth mythic killl last night:

(warcraftlogsdotcom) /reports/ZL68G4HKzt9kbYxM#type=healing&source=57

(I can't post links yet here so sorry for improper format)

I'm not totally sure where I'm going wrong. Any advice would be much appreciated.

From what i'm seeing in your logs here, you seem to be playing ok with some room for improvement.

Buffs:
    AA Looked good, can be better.
    PI was only up 3 times in an 8 minute pull, be sure to utilize it to the best possible ability.
    89% Uptime on Reparation(2pc buff) means you need to cast penance more, aim for 95%+
    94% on borrowed time is good.
    Only used the IG trinket 3 times. With the lack of mana problems you have (dropped below 75% once i believe) you don't need IG, go DSI and you'll be fine.
    While this doesn't necessarily effect numbers, you only had 1 cast of PW: Barrier, so i'd talk to your RL/Healing Officer about it.

Looking at your armory here (nice mog!) you're running 3 spirit jewelry pieces, mark of shadowmoon, and a spirit trinket. You really don't need that much spirit (as evidenced by your mana consumption in logs) and you'd be better off dropping the mark of shadowmoon for the mastery weapon enchantment.

You're CPM is around 54 which is fairly low and you'll have to push yourself harder and really plan every single GCD out for 8 minutes (sucks).

Deleted
    Wish I had DSI and some more jewellery items to switch in! Will keep trying for them. Feeling silly that I didn't think to switch my wep enchant out though.

IG's low usage is partly because I've been trying to line it up with PI; reckon that is a mistake?

Thanks very much for your input, I'm gonna try focus on those things going forward

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stravaig View Post
    IG's low usage is partly because I've been trying to line it up with PI; reckon that is a mistake?
    You can do it either way. But if you're lining it up with PI then you had better have good uptime on PI. You could've had 2 more PI's in you Man kill (well probably only 1 more realistically cause you shouldn't pop your first PI till about 40 secs into fight)

I think your biggest fault is not choosing shield targets correctly and not casting enough. Your CPM is decent but could be better. I'm sitting around 58-61 CPM, and you're hitting around 53-55. You're sitting at 80% mana the whole fight and you only have ~1780 spirit. Im surprised at your mana despite having a decent CPM. I run about the same spirit as you and I'm usually at about 50-60% going into P2. Which is about what you want (drink a channeled pot at transition to p2, be at full mana for p2/p3).

I haven't killed M Man yet, but comparing my first half of the fight with yours I'm hitting about 40-50k more hps than what you're doing. There is just always things to shield on this fight in preparation for more damage. But with this being a new guild, you may not have had a lot of progression pulls on Mannoroth to to really get the feel of things.

So I'd say drop some of the spirit gear/IG and take the mastery enchant, cast more penances, cast more in general, and just pick your targets wisely.
    Last edited by Pearl1717; 2015-10-15 at 07:01 PM.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Its fine to use ig but i still recommend swapping out your weapon enchant.

If you get Wrath of Gul'dan(the P3 mechanic that casts Gripping Shadows that has to be soaked), you artificially inflate your CPM for this encounter(since it's erroneously considered a cast from yourself).

So the OP's actual CPM is around ~44 ish.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...asts&source=57
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    If you get Wrath of Gul'dan(the P3 mechanic that casts Gripping Shadows that has to be soaked), you artificially inflate your CPM for this encounter(since it's erroneously considered a cast from yourself).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...asts&source=57
    Ah that explains it. I was confused when I was watching the replay and there were gcds going to waste. I didn't know how he had that high of a CPM with that many casts going to waste. That also explains why my CPM is higher than it usually is on that fight. Thanks for catching that.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Deleted
    Thanks for the input. Enchant fixed, and will keep trying to get my hands on some non-spirit pieces to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Ouch. I know I was kinda slowing up as curse was coming in 'cause I didn't wanna have a GCD delay for shielding the target, and I was probably over focused on watching it come in, but yeah, I know I need to just relax there a bit more and keep going. It isn't normally quite so poor elsewhere. Thanks very much for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by stravaig View Post
    Thanks for the input. Enchant fixed, and will keep trying to get my hands on some non-spirit pieces to switch.

Ouch. I know I was kinda slowing up as curse was coming in 'cause I didn't wanna have a GCD delay for shielding the target, and I was probably over focused on watching it come in, but yeah, I know I need to just relax there a bit more and keep going. It isn't normally quite so poor elsewhere. Thanks very much for the info.
    Parses aren't too important on progression. It's okay to "tank" your overall output and CPM on the first few kills if it means doing the boss properly and keeping important targets alive.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future