Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Cover arts are changed across regions all the time. Do you really think Mario & Lugi Dream team was censored because the Japanese box art is way different then the NA one?
    Different game different developers.

This art was changed due to the amount of boob it showed. I was just pointing out sometimes the censor is stupid even more so when the content within the game is by far worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    To pretend it's meaningful in any way or has any kind of harmful of detrimental effect is outrageous to the extreme.
    Once more I never said it was meaningful or harmful. I was just stating sometimes when something gets censored its stupid.

This game is a perfect example of that. Showing a little boob on the cover is wrong but yet running around 99.9% naked killing zombies with blood going everywhere isn't.

I highly dought that the less then 1% of the people buying it would see the difference would effect there profits. It was done to lower risk of someone bitching. I personally don't care etherway. Like I said if you want the original just buy the original.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Once more I never said it was meaningful or harmful. I was just stating sometimes when something gets censored its stupid.
    If it ends up helping the game sell more copies, is it?

This game is a perfect example of that. Showing a little boob on the cover is wrong but yet running around 99.9% naked killing zombies with blood going everywhere isn't.
    Do you know it was changed because it was "wrong"? I'm not sure if it was a different piece of artwork that they used that happened to contain a slightly altered outfit or if it was in response to retailers requesting a minor change so that they would stock the physical version of the game (which is important to small companies like XSEED).

I highly dought that small chance that less then 1% of the people buying it would see would effect there profits. It was done to lower risk of someone bitchings. I personally don't care etherway. Like I said if you want the original just buy the original.
    Or to, as I said above, get the game into more retail stores so that XSEED could sell copies and be more successful. That's pretty common, especially for smaller companies that don't have the muscle to push back against retailers and rely on them for a solid chunk of their revenue.

--snip--
    Your arguement is if it ends up helping sell more copys then why not. While in this context I totally agree and as I said I don't care etherway. Want the original then buy the original.

But you know good as well as I do that alot of things that get censored is not to help sells but to avoid blacklash. In this day and age people bitch about everything and companys wish to avoid it even more so the smaller ones.

Personally I want more companys to say fuck you to the media and release there games.movies,books ect... In the original form they wanted it to be in.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

But you know good as well as I do that alot of things that get censored is not to help sells but to avoid blacklash. In this day and age people bitch about everything and companys wish to avoid it even more so the smaller ones.
    Avoiding backlash is part of trying to sell more copies, yo. Outside of some specific times when courting controversy was the actual strategy for a company (Hatred, for example), most companies actively try to avoid it because it's risky and a giant headache to deal with.

Avoiding backlash is part of trying to sell more copies, yo. Outside of some specific times when courting controversy was the actual strategy for a company (Hatred, for example), most companies actively try to avoid it because it's risky and a giant headache to deal with.
    Ok now tell me with such a small censor as onechanbara z2 chaos had would it have really mattered in ur opinion.

Nether you nore I work for XSEED but in my opinion its something so small I see it as pointless. Like I said I wish companys would just tell the media to fuck off. I rather pay more to the companys themselves and get something "Depending how major it was" unchanged then to buy it from amazon at retail price.

Lets say for example onechanbara z2 chaos was fully censored no blood or anything and it was being sold at Gamestop for $50 but the uncensored version was $70 from XSEED themselves take awhile guess what version I would buy.

My original point being is that sometimes something getting censored is stupid and pointless. But to say X isn't censoring is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I want more companys to say fuck you to the media and release there games.movies,books ect... In the original form they wanted it to be in.
    While I generally agree with this, I don't see this becoming the norm if it's going to effect their bottom line.

Ok now tell me with such a small censor as onechanbara z2 chaos had would it have really mattered in ur opinion.
    If it meant the difference between Best Buy putting in orders for retail copies or not? A hell of a lot. Again, I don't know this, but companies don't make change "just 'cause". If XSEED in particular, a company that publishes these Japanese titles and actively avoids changing them whenever possible, made a minor change, there was likely a good reason behind it.

Nether you nore I work for XSEED but in my opinion its something so small I see it as pointless. Like I said I wish companys would just tell the media to fuck off.
    Again, companies don't make changes "just 'cause". I've worked for a number of gaming companies (well, with) and there are tons of minor changes that people quibble over that happened for "no reason" that were actually done in direct response to something and for a very good reason. Changes that were debated internally and ended up being agreed upon (or rejected) depending on what the devs/marketing decided was in the best interest for the game.

Lets say for example onechanbara z2 chaos was fully censored no blood or anything and it was being sold at Gamestop for $50 but the uncensored version was $70 from XSEED themselves take awhile guess what version I would buy.
    Cool, but now you're needing to have multiple different versions of the game go through the approval process and need to be updated should there be any updates - for what ends up likely being a pretty inconsequential return in your hypothetical situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoilers: Games have been "censored" for decades when being localized for different regions.

This isn't new. This isn't unique.

It's disappointing, especially considering I thought running around in a horror game in lingerie was "top keks" of the highest order, but in reality it's an extremely minor and largely insignificant change done to make a game more appropriate for another region or for that company/product image in another region.

They thought they could sell more copies without the lingerie but with the peach/samus outfits, so they made the change.
    Well said. Having Nintendo-themed skins makes the game more appealing to me than fan-service lingerie BS anyday. If this is the kind of thing that actually matters to someone, they probably need to re-evaluate their life.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

--snip--
    Tech kinda said it better then me in the other thread about XSEED. As long as the censor does not harm or alter the original consecpt of the game I don't care. I do find small censors pointless but its whatever.

Like I said don't like it buy the original.

XSEED is one company I do respect because they do just put out whatever they wish and why this censor happen I have no clue and don't assume to know why. I personally think it was to avoid blacklash but maybe they did it just because they wanted too.

Etherway its w/e.

Deleted
    While I'm fine with the option to remove the lingerie, it should remain an option. I don't care for the content itself, but I like to play games as they were original.

I just want you all to know I hate you all.

Thanks to this thread I want to play some onechanbara z2 chaos but I am about to leave....FFS.

But ya as long as I can play the game as its orignially intented I really don't care. I would rather it all be in its original state or make it a option to turn something off.

This art was changed due to the amount of boob it showed.
    Prove it.

Are you really sitting here trying to claim the the publisher of Senran Kagura in the west is scared to show boobs?

Deleted
    If it ends up helping the game sell more copies, is it?

Do you know it was changed because it was "wrong"? I'm not sure if it was a different piece of artwork that they used that happened to contain a slightly altered outfit or if it was in response to retailers requesting a minor change so that they would stock the physical version of the game (which is important to small companies like XSEED).

Or to, as I said above, get the game into more retail stores so that XSEED could sell copies and be more successful. That's pretty common, especially for smaller companies that don't have the muscle to push back against retailers and rely on them for a solid chunk of their revenue.
    In the last 15 years I can't remember anyone parents ever buying games for children. If someone wants to play that game, they will...regardless of the censorship.

It's a different story if a store isn't allowed to sell it because the lingerie though.

Prove it.

Are you really sitting here trying to claim the the publisher of Senran Kagura in the west is scared to show boobs?
    No clue what a Senran Kagura is. Also maybe I should have put "In my opinion" it was changed due to the amount of boob it showed.

I highly dought it was due to the sells it would lose if it left it alone.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-10-21 at 06:55 PM.

Deleted
    No clue what a Senran Kagura is. Also maybe I should have put "In my opinion" it was changed due to the amount of boob it showed.

I highly dought it was due to the sells it would get.
    It would be a first that a game would sell less for more use of nudity unless selling the nudity wasn't allowed to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    It would be a first that a game would sell less for more use of nudity unless selling the nudity wasn't allowed to begin with.
    That was a typo I ment the sells it would lose if it left it alone.

Fixed it

I highly dought it was due to the sells it would lose if it left it alone.
    Xseed changes the covers on all of their games. Even the ones without anything sexual at all on them. Killer is dead, YS memories of celceta, Legend of Heroes Trails of cold steel for example...

Most JP box arts have rougher art on them, Xseed prefers more polished art on their covers.

If you don't know what Senran Kagura is youtube it, and tell me the publisher of that game is scared of showing boobs.

Yeeeesh, usually I'm not one to criticize on graphics but this looks the same as Xbox / PS2 ... :|

Xseed changes the covers on all of their games. Even the ones without anything sexual at all on them. Killer is dead, YS memories of celceta, Legend of Heroes Trails of cold steel for example...

If you don't know what Senran Kagura is youtube it, and tell me the publisher of that game is scared of showing boobs.
    I looked it up and your right. So I won't claim to know why it was done. Maybe they did it just to do it.

My original point was alot of times something is censored that is just stupid. If X person doesn't like something then don't play it. I rather play a game in its orginal state then a watered down version.

You just reminded me I own Killer is Dead but I have yet to play it LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Yeeeesh, usually I'm not one to criticize on graphics but this looks the same as Xbox / PS2 ... :|
    Hyperbole at it's finest. The game looks pretty much in line with what niche PS3 games look like graphically, which is what you would expect a niche Wii U game to look like...