Deleted

Budget Gaming £300

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor £38.81
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2 Micro ATX LGA1150 £37.53
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory £34.98
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £39.00
    Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card £89.89
    Case: Thermaltake VM30001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case £29.91
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply £29.99
    Total: £300.11

A friend asked me to build a budget rig for £300, I'm from the UK, Just want opinions and advice please. Have told him that aslong as he overclocks the CPU then he should be good to go on the games he wants. He primarily wants to play DOTA 2 and H1Z1. He can not go above £300 and I know that limits him to a rig which will only last a year. Used PC partpicker but can't post links.

Josh

Cant overclock on H81.

For the Pentium Anniversary, youll need at least an H97 Board (which normally doesn't allow overclocking, but there are H97's branded "Anniversary" that allow the Pentium G3258 to be OCed) or Z97.

Deleted
    Hi there, thanks for the info, just did a quick google and I can't link due to not enough posts but there were over 10+ h81 boards able to overclock the g3258 this board being one of them. Is there any reason why it isn't able to OC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBojingles View Post
    Hi there, thanks for the info, just did a quick google and I can't link due to not enough posts but there were over 10+ h81 boards able to overclock the g3258 this board being one of them. Is there any reason why it isn't able to OC.
    What you'd need to do it perform a BIOS upfate for the motherboard first; in addition, the overclocking potential is limited on those boards because the power regulators on those boards are much lower-end and could lead to problems further down the line.