Need a new headset

So my logitech headset broke and i need a new headset, but im planning on buying a xbox one soon so i'd like a headset that can work with my PC and my xbox any suggestions?

as far as my price limit id like to not spend more than 80$

Wrong section we got a computer thread.
    Oh and pls dont tell me you cant use any HS on a Xbone that would be a ripoff.

I think Xbox require a proprietary attachment or at least an adapter. If it was PC only, I'd say plantronics gamescom 780($70-80). But since that headset is usb, I'm not sure on what would be compatible at your price point.

10+ Year Old Account
    HyperX Cloud II

Though it also requires an adapter like the above mentioned headset to work on an Xbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I think Xbox require a proprietary attachment or at least an adapter. If it was PC only, I'd say plantronics gamescom 780($70-80). But since that headset is usb, I'm not sure on what would be compatible at your price point.
    i would heavily recommend against plantronics. they use really flimsy plastic.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i would heavily recommend against plantronics. they use really flimsy plastic.
    I hope you're kidding or just posting hearsay. I've used Plantronics exclusively for over 10 years, daily, 10+ hours a day, at work and at home. I have yet to ever break a pair from natural use and moderate abuse. My gamescom 780 are from the initial launch, they get dropped onto hardwood regularly I roll over the cord multiple times per day, still flawless. My work headset gets thrown across my desk daily, rolled over by my chair, stuff spilled on them never a break or malfunction. I actually get a new headset before the old ones wear out.
    Last edited by Lightwysh; 2015-10-24 at 11:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you're kidding or just posting hearsay. I've used Plantronics exclusively for over 10 years, daily, 10+ hours a day, at work and at home. I have yet to ever break a pair from natural use and moderate abuse. My gamescom 780 are from the initial launch, they get dropped onto hardwood regularly I roll over the cord multiple times per day, still flawless. My work headset gets thrown across my desk daily, rolled over by my chair, stuff spilled on them never a break or malfunction. I actually get a new headset before the old ones wear out.
    plantronics is garbage. i've had 6 headsets from them and EVERY SINGLE ONE BROKE within a year from simple wear. they use flimsy plastics that break really easily. one even broke six months after i got it. they are pure garbage. not a single headset i've bought from them lasts.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I had a plantronics headset it was terrible and it broke after a few months. I've had this cheap 20 dollar logitech headset forever.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I had a plantronics headset it was terrible and it broke after a few months. I've had this cheap 20 dollar logitech headset forever.
    That's funny because every single Logitech headset I've purchased has broken within 3-6 months. Mostly due to ear prices falling off or just sound cutting out in one ear or the other.

I wouldn't call my experience unique, there is a reason that most call centers use plantronics, durability vs cost. Also the sound quality is usually top notch.

I have a Gamescon 777 for years now. Absolutely love it. It gets used almost daily and sometimes thrown. Not made of cheap plastic. If you've had 6 headsets from them, begs the question as to why you keep buying them if they are "garbage".
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.