The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Peeple: Yelp but for people

Because background checks aren't enough apparently.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...hem-to-or-not/

All i'm thinking is gross invasion of privacy/abuse from SJWs or anyone who just plain hates you. Maybe you had sex with their girl or something, well guess what, theres a review out there saying that you fuck kids.

Well great.

Four days after a wave of Internet outrage swamped her and her nascent company, Julia Cordray — CEO of forthcoming people-rating app Peeple — has decided to rethink the app’s concept entirely.

I notice that people can find out a lot about you just googling your name and looking at your facebook and twitter. I don't know if I like it or not, especially when they look at some drunk tweets and they don't know I was drunk at the time.

Age we live in I guess.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I don't think that would even catch on.

I'm really glad 4chan helped nip this one in the bud. The last thing the internet needs is the ability to compile public dossiers on people that might be taken seriously by someone, instead of being seen as the work of a deranged individual.

The VC that funded them might be dumber than the idea itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    I'm really glad 4chan helped nip this one in the bud. The last thing the internet needs is the ability to compile public dossiers on people that might be taken seriously by someone, instead of being seen as the work of a deranged individual.
    The ability to compile a public dossier already exists, and is being used.

And people are afraid of the government running a dossier on them. At least those are sealed behind a top secret security clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    The VC that funded them might be dumber than the idea itself.
    This. Someone so desperate to be the next facebook, that they actually sink money into it, even though it has more holes (legally) than Swiss-cheese.. I hope they lost a lot..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I notice that people can find out a lot about you just googling your name and looking at your facebook and twitter. I don't know if I like it or not, especially when they look at some drunk tweets and they don't know I was drunk at the time.

Age we live in I guess.
    The trick is not following every fad - like facebook and twitter - especially when the privacy options were known to be piss poor from the beginning. The difference here was that it wasn't your failure it was other people doing it for you.

Deleted
    Hello libel cases.