Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Lightbulb Warcraft Logs owner asks what you'd like in a Warcraft Progress site.

Quote Originally Posted by Kihra
    The idea does intrigue me. I already have the character and guild database essentially. I know nothing about how to score guilds though.

What parts of wowprogress are people wanting incorporated into WCL?

(1) Actual progress (could just be a new kind of ranking table for a zone, so integrates well).
    (2) Guild search / recruiting, right?
    (3) Do people actually want the character item level ranks and gear stuff? That always seemed superfluous to me with Armory being one click away. It's stupidly inaccurate too, since characters don't update for weeks on end.

Add your suggestions here: http://forums.warcraftlogs.com/viewt...9&t=4706#p8682
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2015-10-14 at 01:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    (3) Do people actually want the character item level ranks and gear stuff? That always seemed superfluous to me with Armory being one click away. It's stupidly inaccurate too, since characters don't update for weeks on end.
    It will never be able to compete with wowprogress if they think like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Top Guilds abandon WoWprogress others will follow, Just like people moved to Warcraft Logs when people ditched World of Logs.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    If the Top Guilds abandon WoWprogress others will follow, Just like people moved to Warcraft Logs when people ditched World of Logs.
    It has less to do with "top guilds" as it does with the fact that they just stopped giving a fuck about WoL. They literally weren't even updating anymore by the time Siege rolled around.

It does help that WCL is actually better than WoL.
    What do you mean by abandon. I thought WoWProgress was just a tracker site from Battlenet? There is nothing to abandon..

What we really want, is Bozzelprogress.com

There's nothing wrong with WoW Progress, the OP along with Bozzle and crew are the only trolls with an issue with it. Seems like a waste of time to make another new site.

Infracted;
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2015-10-15 at 05:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Well played

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    It has less to do with "top guilds" as it does with the fact that they just stopped giving a fuck about WoL. They literally weren't even updating anymore by the time Siege rolled around.
    But that is the point though, if people are sick of something they will leave it when something better comes up. If Kihra makes a Guild Progress Tracker, I do see guilds switching to that.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    It does help that WCL is actually better than WoL.
    What do you mean by abandon. I thought WoWProgress was just a tracker site from Battlenet? There is nothing to abandon..
    Yeah pretty much. The reason people switched from WoL to WCL en masse was that WoL wouldn't even log or rank the later heroic bosses in MoP i believe at some point. Although some kind of integration with ranks and guild progress (i.e. ranking a guild by their 20 highest all star ranks or something) might be interesting in addition to the like actual traditional rankings if WCL supported it, but wowprogress seems to serve its purpose without any problems, so it may be harder to get people to switch away.

And especially hard to switch away if they remove features like the ilvl stuff suggested in the OP.
    Last edited by Skyfall; 2015-10-14 at 03:27 PM.

I'd like to see a feature that outlines how many wipes a boss usually takes and the progression path most guilds are taking and the success that path has given.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most people just want to see an accurate ranking. The ilevel, last kill, number of players and classes in the kill, etc is all fluff. That's not to say it isn't important but I feel that the ilevel of the kill is more for extra bragging rights when putting another guild down.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I'm pretty sure Kihra means that individual ilvl ranks (like West: 10242 (Druid: 1129)), not the actual guild rankings by ilvl (which I can understand being useful information to some, although I barely use it). I really don't see why someone would really care about the former.

I don't really care so much about the actual ranking as I do about the data surrounding the kill like ilvl, progression order, raid composition, attempt #, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch
    I'm pretty sure Kihra means that individual ilvl ranks (like West: 10242 (Druid: 1129)), not the actual guild rankings by ilvl (which I can understand being useful information to some, although I barely use it). I really don't see why someone would really care about the former.
    Yeah, I meant character rankings by item level (e.g., who has the highest item level on a server). Every time I've ever scanned that on WoW Progress, it's just biased towards people who updated their characters recently vs. ones that have not updated in six weeks.
    Creator of Warcraft Logs, Blood Death Knight in Temerity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
    Although some kind of integration with ranks and guild progress (i.e. ranking a guild by their 20 highest all star ranks or something) might be interesting in addition to the like actual traditional rankings if WCL supported it
    This is a really interesting idea. I like it a lot actually. Things like average all star points for a guild, you can truly see which guilds are true scumbags at heart :P
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

One thing I'd particularly like to see as an upgrade to WCLogs would be alt/character transfer detection. For example: if I were to transfer my main from one server to another, my previous rankings could transfer alongside it.

It would definitely be nice to be able to see some additional information on character pages (such as armory information), as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kihra View Post
    Yeah, I meant character rankings by item level (e.g., who has the highest item level on a server). Every time I've ever scanned that on WoW Progress, it's just biased towards people who updated their characters recently vs. ones that have not updated in six weeks.
    If character ilvl ranking ends up being a popular feature, I could see it being more accurate if the rankings update once at the end of each lockout.

Deleted
    Add your suggestions in that thread on the OP guys. I'm not going to convince him for you. And I'm not his assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Amen to that

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    This is a really interesting idea. I like it a lot actually. Things like average all star points for a guild, you can truly see which guilds are true scumbags at heart :P
    As is wasn't already obvious *cough*

Ok too easy
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch