Thread: do well

Deleted

do well

can a warlock that is affliction/destruction do well with on of the two specs stat prio? thinking as crit is good for destruction and not for aff. also if am not wrong haste is bad for destro.

Stack mastery, that's the best you're going to get.

Mastery is either the best stat or near best stat over all three specs. Haste is not bad for destruction if you don't have the current 2 set tier bonus, when you get the 2 set haste is replaced by crit in the stat prio.

There's really not much gear overlap this tier. You can fairly safely just stack all the mastery you can find and do well yes.

Trinkets are really the bigger thing you want to be switching out when switching between aff / destro.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

class trinket helps affl a lot if u dont have very high haste...keeps the shards flowing

I carry with me a few pieces of gear that i switch around when i play affl, keeping same ilvl but loosing a little bit of mastery and crit, but gaining 700 haste.

Deleted
    Just collect 2 sets over time if possible. It's not like you have reforging to take into consideration like before, only tweaks you can make is gemming and enchanting for mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMcK View Post
    Mastery is either the best stat or near best stat over all three specs. Haste is not bad for destruction if you don't have the current 2 set tier bonus, when you get the 2 set haste is replaced by crit in the stat prio.
    I've no math behind it, but I find it hard to believe haste would be above crit regardless of tier bonus - fairly sure people were arguing about crit vs mastery initially.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Just collect 2 sets over time if possible. It's not like you have reforging to take into consideration like before, only tweaks you can make is gemming and enchanting for mastery.

I've no math behind it, but I find it hard to believe haste would be above crit regardless of tier bonus - fairly sure people were arguing about crit vs mastery initially.
    I think it has something to do with charred remains. At high gear levels ember generation is pretty high and danger of capping.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Haste contributes to more incinerates, even faster ember generation, more chaos bolts. Crit buffs chaos ember damage and ember regeneration from incinerates/immo. Not that haste is equal to crit for destro, but certainly isn't that bad either. We can't avoid it anyway on our tier pieces. Just don't gem/enchant for haste and your gear will be good for both specs.

Closing this, there are multiple stickies at the top of this thread with the information you're looking for.