15+ Year Old Account

Potluck etiquette

Occasionally at work our line will have a potluck. My belief is that if you don't bring anything, you don't eat anything. There were, however, people who felt slighted because I didn't have anything that they brought, saying that the potluck is for everybody on the line, not just for who brought something. So far I eat even though I didn't bring anything or do I abstain and just eat my bag lunch?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean i wouldn't just stroll in and start enjoying all the food if i didn't bring anything because that would be rude. But if people invited me to help my self then fair game
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Ycarene View Post
    Occasionally at work our line will have a potluck. My belief is that if you don't bring anything, you don't eat anything. There were, however, people who felt slighted because I didn't have anything that they brought, saying that the potluck is for everybody on the line, not just for who brought something. So far I eat even though I didn't bring anything or do I abstain and just eat my bag lunch?
    BETTER IDEA

stop being a bum and just participate. find a recipe, something cheap and easy and cook it... bring it. eat all you want guilt free. live life... a little here and there, you might like it.