Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Everyone hating on Linkin park for the end of BlizzCon Show. Who would you of preferd

While I've been trying to avoid as much work as possible today by browsing and reading MMO-C threads, i've noticed when ever BlizzCon gets mentioned someone posts how much they dislike Linkin Park, So my question is..

Who would you have preferred playing the closing Blizzcon?

I'd of said Iron Maiden but they coming to my country in March 2016 (yay!)

or maybe Nickleback :P (lol that would be funny to see ppl rage about nickleback at Blizzcon)

10+ Year Old Account
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers or Mastodon.

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers or Mastodon.

Both of those are extremely unlikely..

I would have loved to see Obscure Metal band X but yeah..

I would have preferred Linkin Park and in fact was very sad to hear that they were going to be there because I was not able to be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard didn't waste money on bands that was outdated in the last millenium (Linkin Park, Metallica, Blink 182, need I continue) then maybe, just maybe, the tickets would be a tad cheaper..

I would prefer no music..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    If Blizzard didn't waste money on bands that was outdated in the last millenium (Linkin Park, Metallica, Blink 182, need I continue) then maybe, just maybe, the tickets would be a tad cheaper..

I would prefer no music..
    The bands have nothing to do with the ticket prices. They are priced high due to supply and demand. The cost to book a B list band is pretty damn low.

Ac Dc

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I'd prefer you stop using the word 'everyone' where it isn't suitable.

As for the band, I wouldn't prefer anyone. It has to suck, as a band, to have to perform when you know you're a side-show, no matter how much it pays out. Events like this are for DJ's.

Deleted
    Who is hating on Linkin Park? I'm exhilarated about them playing

Worst case scenario would be something like Red Hot Chilipeppers or some other band that is equally bad at live performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

As for the band, I wouldn't prefer anyone. It has to suck, as a band, to have to perform when you know you're a side-show, no matter how much it pays out. Events like this are for DJ's.
    I'm gonna state the idea, that some musicians will play, simply because people like their music.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

Good Point.. it's not like people are coming for the music.. but for the games. but then What type of DJ.. Blizzard doesn't seem to me to be the EDM favouring kind of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    My guess is because they're an older generation band. I mean, they were popular when I was a teen and I'm 30. Maybe the better idea is to get a band that's closer to the age of the ticket buyers - people that are actually there.
    What is the general census on the current Age group of the average WOW player. when i look at vids of gaming conventions and comic cons i see alot of people between mid 20s early 30s

15+ Year Old Account
    Eventho i havent listened to the last 2 albums of LP (with the exception of maybe 2-3 songs) and yes they are a 00's band they are still popular AF so people saying blizzard wasted their money is complete bullshit they are getting exactly what they paid for and people at blizzcon wont give a damn because most of the people that are going to blizzcon most likely grew up with LP, I rather see a band with a name then a band like 5 Seconds of Summer or something.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2015-10-30 at 01:12 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible, but generally unlikely to get huge A list bands to play a conference. About the only way is if it just happens to line up with their schedule where they can stop in, do a quick show, and mosey along. Even then they'd want probably 100k. And I doubt Blizz is going to get a smaller band that appeals to a smaller number of people, but that lots of other people might not like such as Mastodon. So it's always going to be a fairly mainstream band. More people will like it than not, and just be glad there is a band at all. If anything it's as much a perk for Morheim it seems for bands he personally likes (he and the top Blizz people likely get to meet whoever plays off-stage), so I doubt they drop the band and reduce ticket prices. I think he even mentioned that when Ozzy played that it was his choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing i would like to see is something other then a Metal/rock/whatever band and go for something new, the EDM scene is becoming very big in America now and a lot of the younger fans of blizzard games prob like that kind of music.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

tbh.. no one...

instead of wasting that time and money in something that i can just google or listen to in the radio, i would much rather have more content.. especially for diablo ..

They should have moved the international Chopin competition finals to the blizzcon
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rod Stewart.... what:? lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I don't see the need to include a band into a video game convention.

Do they have big bands at other conventions?
    I personally don't care one way or another who is there, I only watch the actual convention.

Metallica and Foo Fighters were amazing though, so I wouldn't be surprised if I end up watching Linkin Park and enjoying it.
    As long as they don't act like they are interested like Green Day. That was just embarrassing.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Another Band i'd like to see live.. Five Finger Death Punch. not sure what their popularity is among the masses of the US and EU.. but i like em.

Fatboy Slim
    Aesop Rock
    Dance with the dead
    Dorothy
    Philter
    Jesse Rose

Or any orchestral band that would play chillingly epic score music from the upcoming expansion that was specially composed for WoW, D3, Overwatch, SC2 and HOTS