Deleted

Ele in PVP (arena)

Yesterday I was watching a Twitch stream; a resto druid playing 3v3 rated arenas with a frostmage and an elemental shaman. They played from 2880 rating up to 2968 with an MMR of over 3000 (at the end). Looking at his highlights from older games, he also played some tournament qualification games with a warrior and - again - an elemental shaman, fighting against holypally-DK-eleshammy.

I never ever knew or would have believed that elemental could be a thing in PVP in this expansion.
    The comp's strength seems to be the shaman's offhealing and relatively steady damage output.

Has any of you ever seen an elemental shaman in arena, or even played it?

The Shaman player's team mates must excel at CC and keeping opponents off him or they face very little melee. Elemental is such an immobile spec, doing enough damage to kill while having to keep away from melee is nigh impossible.

With a well-coordinated team of highly skilled pvp'ers I can see it working, but at the level that "most" people play at I just can't see Elemental being a good idea for any pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Deleted
    Today he (Minpojke) played a couple more games, 1 loss and 4-5 wins up to 3001 rating, playing rdruid-warrior-ele. The ele actually ended up at #3 of all pvp players at 3101 rating from those games. Though armory shows his spec as enhancement, I'm 100% positive that for the last >20 or so games - the last ~200 rating push - he played exclusively elemental.

3.1k rating elemental shaman. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it. Obviously they're skilled, but still... Elemental. Wowie.
    Last edited by mmocbc5645dc6c; 2015-11-03 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    The Shaman player's team mates must excel at CC and keeping opponents off him or they face very little melee. Elemental is such an immobile spec, doing enough damage to kill while having to keep away from melee is nigh impossible.

With a well-coordinated team of highly skilled pvp'ers I can see it working, but at the level that "most" people play at I just can't see Elemental being a good idea for any pvp.
    I watched some of this stream after hearing about it. They had some really good communication/teamwork and despite outplaying their opponents fairly heavily they still struggled to manage the success that they had.