10+ Year Old Account

What's really going on?

Here's a recent article by Rick Joyner that brings some much needed clarity to the craziness that is our modern world, I'd recommend reading all of it.

https://www.morningstarministries.or...0#.VjXybfnhChc

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Care to summarize? I tend to have an issue reading articles on religious websites as my eye roll count goes through the roof. Something to do with them using religious texts as a justification for things instead of logic.
    I couldn't finish reading it, but what I have read basically goes "we have declined as a nation starting in 1960ties and its becasue we are less and less christian and we need to return to god again"
    there were mentions of scripture, the Great Awakening and anti abortion/anti planned parenthood talk and then my eyes rolled back in my head completely and I couldn't read anymore.

in other words. exactly what you expected, complete with religious texts used as justifications.

15+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean?

It's some religious guys who believes democracy only works if you're religious, which is demonstrably wrong. He compares legalized abortion with the holocaust, he believes Christianity is prosecuted more than Islam, he thinks lgbt rights are sick and admires African leaders deny those rights, he believes Department of Homeland Security is on a campaign to spread lies about Christianity, he thinks same-sex marriage is a breach of the constitution, and then rounds it all off by quoting bible passages that should guide the country and save it from doom.

You think he's discovered some secret truth about society?

Whether we are being dismantled on purpose or by incompetence, the results are the same—our foundations are being destroyed. Many have already left America for what they think is a safer place. Others are planning to leave. The saying is that “rats are the first to leave a sinking ship.” We should be glad those who no longer care for their country are gone. The Lord told us to occupy until He comes. We are called to be the salt and light. If America goes down, I for one intend to go down with it. I will not abandon my post.
    If I say anything, I'll probably be infracted.

This thread is probably the prime example why religious debates are forbidden here. You can say nothing else but question the sanity of the author

This is a really productive thread, and i can see it lasting a long, long time here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry the enlightenment happened a long time ago, since that point we no longer try to credit and blame everything on a fictional being that is almighty but also very lazy since the last two centuries.

You might as well believe the prediction of Nostradamus if you want to follow that so blindly.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2015-11-01 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Care to summarize? I tend to have an issue reading articles on religious websites as my eye roll count goes through the roof. Something to do with them using religious texts as a justification for things instead of logic.
    Don't worry, I had the same problem. There wasn't much worth discussing anyway. Just a bunch of scripture and old political references mixed in with the usual hate for the non sexually conservative, LGBT, <people of a different religion to me>, abortions (they threw in something about the Nazi's here), and political correctness (really just another jab at the LGBT community).

I don't think this thread is going as OP expected it

15+ Year Old Account
    I will say i don't agree with it and that the full article is basically a full religious article.

I have no love for religious stuff anyway. Only thing I can come to agree with is that we have declined as a race in the past 100 years, from taking large strides towards an elevated and revolutionized world to absolute stagnation in almost every possible way, only thanks to prioritizing advance in convenience over everything else, while those we left behind in the process are getting ready to rip our failed first world apart.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Muadiib View Post
    Here's a recent article by Rick Joyner that brings some much needed clarity to the craziness that is our modern world, I'd recommend reading all of it.

https://www.morningstarministries.or...0#.VjXybfnhChc

Thoughts?
    Here is an article about a child forced into slave labor, that is rescued by a homeless man that rescues animals.

obvious troll
    I blame mods

Deleted
    World fixing thru honour, blood, traditions not thru foreign religion(s).

10+ Year Old Account
    What could be more innocent than an unborn child? Even the beasts will naturally sacrifice their own lives to protect their young, but Americans slaughter theirs by the millions. Now the most dangerous place for an American to be is in the womb.
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/03/health...ion-rates-low/

But really this is just a typical "we're not as good as we use to be" rhetoric with no backing besides scripture and quotes from founding fathers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Discussion of religion is forbidden here