Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I've also noticed that you are not exactly invisible to AI, as I have friends who only play vrs ai and when I play with them and I play as Zeratul, the AI has occaisionally done cone attacks where I was in a direction or place that it made no sense to attack unless they could see me. It's one thing for the ai to cone some minions and I accidently step into it, its another thing when they are walking to an objective in an area between minion paths and they turn on me and wack me. Other times they can't seem to notice you at all.
    As odd as it seems, if you're in a bush while stealthed, the AI knows you're there. They also always detect Sgt Hammer if she's sieged in a bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    As odd as it seems, if you're in a bush while stealthed, the AI knows you're there. They also always detect Sgt Hammer if she's sieged in a bush.
    I think I was passing through a bush at that moment too now that I think about it.

Nova is not terrible, however a LOT of scrubs play her. I believe the reason is that they get into a game, get one or two cheap ganks and think "wow what a cool hero", without realising that that kind of thing is highly situational on hero comp. Any heavy tank/support opposing team essentially neutralises her and what you're left with is a poker in a game where poke is meaningless. Of course sometimes you get lucky and go up against a lot of papery heroes that get themselves out of position all the time and clean up, so they keep playing her.

Every now and then you find a Nova who is really good and remains competent even in games where the enemy team is "Nova-proof". But they're rare.

Overall she's a mediocre hero who shines in certain circumstances. It's frustrating when you're in a position where Nova can clean your clock, even more so because you know she's not actually very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I think I was passing through a bush at that moment too now that I think about it.
    Yeah, thats one of those cases of buggy AI. Your normal heroes, including Hammer, can hide in bushes, and the enemy will not know you're there until they facecheck, use a vision granting skill, or you start attacking. If you are stealth, you can be out in the open, and the AI will not know you're there until something happens to bring you out of stealth. But if you're stealth, or for Hammer, if you're sieged, and sitting in a bush or smoke or whatever, the enemy not only knows exactly where they are, they usually prioritize you.

Lets just be honest here.

Most people hate Nova because of the following

-She has a low skill floor and a low skill ceiling, better novas know how to help their team out of fights and provide help but its minimal to plenty of other picks.
    -She does loads of damage to the right targets and will often prey strictly on the targets she can kill the easiest.
    -Her Snipe is easy to land and her kit is all about globaling a single target.
    -Her talents lend themselves to a win more esque situation, (two precision strikes, triple tap resetting on kills) making her seem like a wrecking ball on teams that are already winning.
    -She has stealth
    -She can talent into self healing and move speed while cloaking (Which i did when i mastered her, don't judge i mastered zera first and wanted to do nova because i was used to stealth gameplay).
    -lol shes a sniper get gud kidz
    -like zera, her being picked changes how you play that entire game

However that being said....

Most people hate her because despite everything I said above they still put themselves in situations where they get killed by those "said" Novas. It is insanely easy to counter Nova even as a squishy, you want to push and take a risk when she can be lurking? You have to, level advantage neuters the crap out of her

Zera on the other hand is amazing, he has lane clear, stealth, void prison for saving teammates and utility.... the list goes on... hes the one that clearly wins the OMFGBBQ STEALTH OP war.

*Could you imagine if they made her snipe have pierce? something along the lines of "Snipe does its full damage to the first target it hits and 50% to every target behind it, this effect does not affect minions"
    Last edited by Cheekun; 2015-11-15 at 10:12 AM.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

Deleted
    I played less than 20 games of HotS and i already hate Nova...she is the equivalent of Vayne in League of Legends ^^

No problem with her, Zeratul on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Basically this, she is only good at one thing, getting kills. She offers no help on objectives, lane clears or bringing down forts. She is very much a 1 trick pony, that one trick she does very well if the person playing her can land snipe but still 1 trick.
    Are you serious? She can get shrines while being in stealth.

Broken champion in a broken game. Blizzard should stay away from mobas

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Are you serious? She can get shrines while being in stealth.

Broken champion in a broken game. Blizzard should stay away from mobas
    Or perhaps you should just play something else if you think she's so gamebreaking. I'd much rather have to deal with Nova than Zeratul in 95% of cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Or perhaps you should just play something else if you think she's so gamebreaking. I'd much rather have to deal with Nova than Zeratul in 95% of cases.
    Can you explain how capturing a shrine while nobody can see you is NOT broken? There's a reason rogues, druids, hunters and whoever else can grab hold of becoming stealthed cannot just sit in EoTS and get the base

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you explain how capturing a shrine while nobody can see you is NOT broken? There's a reason rogues, druids, hunters and whoever else can grab hold of becoming stealthed cannot just sit in EoTS and get the base
    You can be seen. Stealth heroes in HotS are not fully invisible. I'd rather have a Zeratul taking that point instead of a Nova. You miss your combo on Nova and you're fucked. Zeratul has a broken escape, broken ulti, and damage to go along with it.

This is also one map. What about literally every other map? She has no real team fight presence, no push power, her ults are pretty bad, and if she gets caught out at all, she's done. Zeratul is 100% in every case.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    You can be seen. Stealth heroes in HotS are not fully invisible. I'd rather have a Zeratul taking that point instead of a Nova. You miss your combo on Nova and you're fucked. Zeratul has a broken escape, broken ulti, and damage to go along with it.

This is also one map. What about literally every other map? She has no real team fight presence, no push power, her ults are pretty bad, and if she gets caught out at all, she's done. Zeratul is 100% in every case.
    To be fair: Zera is easier to spot than Nova, since she is smaller her little distortion can be harder to see while she is standing still.

But yeah, overall stealthers in general are not that hard to spot....while you are looking for them. The issue is when you are in a team fight and you are trying to focus on the heroes you CAN see....times like that I wish I were a chameleon and could just focus one eye on trying to spot stealthies lol.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Except they can see you. The terrain distortion is quite noticeable once you know what to look for. And while not all heroes have some sort of ability to knock her out of it, most do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Except they can see you. The terrain distortion is quite noticeable once you know what to look for. And while not all heroes have some sort of ability to knock her out of it, most do.
    Implying actually standing still or even near the enemy? Right.

I shouldn't be forced into specific talents just to offset what amounts to pure garbage design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people suck and can't kill Nova when she's easy to grab even in stealth (unless you have no skill shot to break her out of it).

That and the ones that do tend to be stupid as fuck when it comes to controlling her.

I've made a few builds on her (basic derp build) (tazer/slow build), and there is one I actually enjoy that isn't used much but very fun and actually versatile.

http://www.heroesnexus.com/talent-ca...JgHFCECIPCPOAA (lvl 4 talent is whichever you feel most comfortable with. All else are mandatory)

Allows you to actually stay in the battlefield for longer while you're farming those globes to have more mana regen (absolutely required to eventually spam your snipe) and the snipe talents allow you to actually clear 3+ sets of waves + mercs when they try to ball theirs up. I prefer Triple Tap over Precision Strike because if you are able to reset it, you can use it without worrying about mana. Precision Strike has its moments though.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

because you cant trust pugs to do anything right

and if nova doesnt play right shes absolutely useless

thus...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Because people suck and can't kill Nova when she's easy to grab even in stealth (unless you have no skill shot to break her out of it).
    I think only Kharazim, Lili and Rehgar don't have something to reveal her (Maybe Lightning shield reveal her so yeah 2 heroes!)

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    I think only Kharazim, Lili and Rehgar don't have something to reveal her (Maybe Lightning shield reveal her so yeah 2 heroes!)
    Kharazim can spec to reveal the area around where he Dashes to. So long as the Nova is in that general vicinity he can dash to a creep to reveal her.

Rhegar can throw a grounding totem down/lighting shield it directly ontop of her (there is even a talent that automatically summons the totem with the shield)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I shouldn't be forced into specific talents just to offset what amounts to pure garbage design.
    ...What is the point of different talents if not to react to different situations?

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Kharazim can spec to reveal the area around where he Dashes to. So long as the Nova is in that general vicinity he can dash to a creep to reveal her.

Rhegar can throw a grounding totem down/lighting shield it directly ontop of her (there is even a talent that automatically summons the totem with the shield)
    Yeah so that leaves LiLi if Blinding Wind doesn't target stealthies. 1 Hero whoop de doo. Such OP, Much Stealth, WoW.