Quote Originally Posted by Gorgrom View Post
    I understand why it's devalued I'm just stating it's not useless. As it stands there's still 30 seconds between battle cries where crit is pretty handy.
    yeah indeed but Blizz plan is to reduce the gap between the secondary stats so i'm wondering HOW they could achieve this

Bit worried myself that the huge mastery nerf everyone seems to be clamoring for will just leave us a bottom spec again, and if not damage our scaling potential leaving us behind in the next tier. If they're gonna go in and tinker with specific stats and specs things will just end up a horrible mess most likely. Hopefully they'll just start off with a blanket main stat buff/secondary stat nerf for everyone, and then they can gently buff underperforming stats afterwards with mild compensating nerfs if need be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    So what do you guys feels need to be addressed for 7.1.5 ?

The main focus should be secondary stats balancing. I feel that mastery should be nerffed by x% first and raw damage increased to compensate.

Secondly, battlecry should be changed to "grant 50% crit and 20-30ish % mastery" making crit not so useless and making all the crit we have on legendary / tier pieces + 4part bonus not feel like a burden.
    I agree with those changes. Also I think, that there should be changes which will make non-FR builds to be at least competitive with FR builds. There are following issues:
    1. Rage spending. For example with double mortals I can't spend all rage fast enough and often I'm overcapped. Simple solution would be to reduce rage generation or increase ability costs and increase abilitiy damage to compensate.
    2. Overall weak talents. Just buff damage until build is doing the same damage as FR does.

Deleted
    Why is people continuesly calling for nerfs to their own specc in this thread. Arms is middle of the pack in terms of potential atm, not looking at sims. Why are you asking for nerfs? its beyond me. Ive spent a tremendous amount of time on my articaft in legion and im not keen for ANOTHER nerf because it will most likely ruin the specc.
    Mastery is strong, thats good, it ensures our scaling potential, which isnt that great btw, a handfull of speccs still scale sligthly better than arms.
    Crit is weak, something has to be bottom, and compared to our mainstat its normalized value is about 0,7 which is still in the "normal" range looking back for a secondary stat.
    Can we go about the issues in a different manner? And ensure the specc doesnt end up in a ditch because we all spent alot of time in our artifacts and so on. Blizzard stated themselves several times that they mainly want to use buffs to balance underperforming elements and speccs.

What can be done about crit? Having crit add % of bonus critical dmg seems like a solid idea, however our burst would most likely get too high. So add a bonus % of dmg to corrupted blood of zakajz based on our critical hit chance.

Cleave/aoe is another issue, some additonal mechanic to void cleave is welcome, its an empty shell of a golden trait atm. Cleave/whirlwind synergy has alot of potential, just too bad its underperforming.

When those problems are solved, do we need our damage tuned down? probably, and mastery seems like a good knob to spin at THIS moment.

I got Terrorbound Nexus 875 today. How good is this trinket? I know sims say its really good but do i have to stand inside the boss for it to work? anyone have this trinket?

Edit: looking at looks its about 1,5-2% of your dmg while appendages is 5-6%. Why do people use this? Would not the WQ trinket which gives 1k+ strength be better since they have about the same mastery level
    Last edited by Rakash; 2016-11-08 at 04:28 PM.

No one is asking for straight nerfs.

Blizzard said that 7.1.5 will address classes/specs with 1 supremely dominant secondary stat. So many of us are logically assuming arms mastery is going to get nerfed. Now most of us aren't all giddy about JUST MASTERY GETTING nerfed. Obviously, we're hoping blizzard isn't stupid and the other stats are buffed or more likely, baseline damage is buffed to compensate.

Now I've said multiple times I have very little faith in blizzard when it comes to these things, so I'm expecting a mastery crunch of 20-30% compensated by something dumb like a 5% buff to slam and WW. Not asking for nerfs, just realizing mastery is likely to be nerfed and hoping the dev team offsets this, but also prepping for the worst. Not getting my hopes up.

As an arms, it is absolutely stupid that an 840 piece with mastery is better than an 890 with crit/versatility. That is utterly stupid and needs to go away. It's a real problem.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you guys think, 880 relic with a useless trait vs. 870 relic with tactician trait? +3 net ilevels.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post

- - - Updated - - -

What do you guys think, 880 relic with a useless trait vs. 870 relic with tactician trait? +3 net ilevels.
    According to done simulations the 870 one is aproximitely 1k DPS higher than the 880 one. So unless you want to sim yourself, that's what I'd go for.

Welp. Got the belt and the bracers, at least they're usable for Fury and Arms.

Deleted
    Mastery should have been nerfed originally instead of ETW trait.

Woooo got the legendary gloves boys. After a month of sephuz signet. Do I keep using dauntless or is overpower an option now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Woooo got the legendary gloves boys. After a month of sephuz signet. Do I keep using dauntless or is overpower an option now?
    Best way is to try it out yourself i reckon. If you are swimming in Rage risking to Cap out you should take something else. If you don't Stick with dauntless i'd say.

Also : f#cking Lucky b@stard..I evy you

Quote Originally Posted by kindomroll View Post
    Mastery should have been nerfed originally instead of ETW trait.
    No that 100% needed a nerf, so we weren't just holding on the same relics that were 20 item levels less.
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Best way is to try it out yourself i reckon. If you are swimming in Rage risking to Cap out you should take something else. If you don't Stick with dauntless i'd say.

Also : f#cking Lucky b@stard..I evy you
    I has my loot spec set to fury for weeks then switched bsck. It's so much better with these dude its unfair

About trinkets: Faulty Countermeasure (860), Spontaneous Appendages (850 + socket), Ursoc's (855) and Ravaged Seed (870). Which would you guys sugest? I've tested with SimCraft but i've heard SimCraft is not very trustable right now regarding trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by thefuga View Post
    About trinkets: Faulty Countermeasure (860), Spontaneous Appendages (850 + socket), Ursoc's (855) and Ravaged Seed (870). Which would you guys sugest? I've tested with SimCraft but i've heard SimCraft is not very trustable right now regarding trinkets.
    Probably Countermeasure and Appendages. Seed Pod is pretty meh, and you probably won't crit-auto frequently enough to maintain Ursoc's bleed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Doesn't change anything for talent choice, you just spam more abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebbl89 View Post
    Doesn't change anything for talent choice, you just spam more abilities.
    Yeah I kept dauntless was fun trying OP for a fight though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbydude65 View Post
    No that 100% needed a nerf, so we weren't just holding on the same relics that were 20 item levels less.
    What about Enhancement Shamans? They're always up there and it that class just doesn't seem like they're RNG based at all like us.

I'm personally waiting for Nighthold to release because that tier set and class trinket may actually put us ahead of Enhancement Shamans in regular and favorable RNGs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some of the talents that everyone is taking are going to be baked into the class.
    Things that people aren't using will be buffed or removed.
    double time baseline, second wind removed? thank god if this is true

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    double time baseline, second wind removed? thank god if this is true
    Remove second wind? it's one of the strongest talents in PVE. Unless you have legendary legs it should be baseline on progression due to how much it actually heals (millions every fight).
    Probably running on a Pentium 4