Thread: Arms - Xylem

Arms - Xylem

Having problems with getting adds down in the Void lord phase.

I Shockwave them as soon as they spawn and Bladestorm. It's not enough. By the time Bladestorm ends, they are in the goo zone.
    Yes, I have KJ trinket but its on CD when they spawn because I put it on after Xylem phase.

Any tips?

Deleted
    Put on trinket before Xylem phase & plan your burst on adds. Bladestorm alone won't kill them obviously.

You can use shockwave + trinket on first set of adds. After that you can use artifact ability + bladestorm for the second set of adds. Third set it's shockwave + trinket again. Also, make sure to spec sweeping strikes.

You could also use battle cry on adds, depending on your boss damage. Just tinker with CD's a little bit.
    Last edited by mmocde0e53a346; 2018-01-08 at 07:55 PM.

When I did the challenge myself I didnt have KJ and arms wasn't my main spec, so it took me a while to find a good combination of cds to get them down.
    I ended up using BC+BS on 1st and 3rd, BC+Avatar+Drums on 2nd, in your case just KJ on 2nd. You also need the artifact ability up for every single one of them.

You should have KJ up for 1st already though, do you make an equipment set for phase 2 that you can just click to not waste time? you should switch gear as soon as you get out of combat. If it's still on cd even after switching it right away then do as BonesDeLarge said and just do ph1 with KJ as well..

Here's my attempt w/o KJ just in case
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFQ2f5NVvrY
    (but again, since there are a lot of vids out there I'm not sure why you would be interested in mine :P also, checking this vid I noticed how more than 40 secs pass since I switch gear and the first set of adds appear, you can definitely have KJ up for 1st and 3rd)

use t20 with sweeping strikes and bladestorm
    shockwave them and save warbreaker for them
    History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

If you Warbreaker > Shockwave, you'll be getting some extra damage on your SW with virtually no opportunity cost in doing so.

There's plenty of time to equip KJBW during the intermission and have it up for the first add wave. I suggest using the gearset tool and put buttons on your hotbar to quickly switch between your first and 2nd set.

One of the hallmarks of Arms is being able to intelligently cleave and focus down the lowest health target. So basically after you've Warbreaker>Shockwave, you'd MS>CS (you need sweeping strikes here) cleave, WW - then focus down the add with the least health and cleave your executes on to the other two.

Additionally if you're having trouble slowing them down, you can hamstring as well. So don't forget about that.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

10+ Year Old Account
    What I did was use Sweeping Strikes and Ravager. Set down ravager about 1 sec before they spawn. I also combined with the cleave and whirlwind rotation.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Sweeping Strikes -> Ravager -> Battlecry and do your normal rotation

I used battlecry + bladestorm, then shockwave and one or two cleaves/ww and it was enough. Don't need battle cry for main boss, really, just pop it on adds. (also remember to slow them down if you need to).

I didn't have any DPS legendaries or tier bonuses, just PvP gear and a couple mythic pieces.
    Also didn't have drums (wasn't aware they existed).
    Here's the key talents that allowed me to beat the last phase:

Sweeping Strikes (for executing the adds simultaneously that survive Bladestorm + Battle Cry combo), Shockwave, Bounding Stride (for the extra sprint), Anger Management.
    All others optional. Anger Management will allow you to have bladestorm and battle cry for every add phase. Without them getting the adds down becomes tricky.

How it plays: The boss starts casting, but you still swing at him for another 5 sec to ensure that Bladestorm comes off cooldown.
    Then leap away & sprint to the edge until adds appear.
    Shock wave, and (crucial) use your artifact ability to apply CS debuff.
    Then bladestorm + battle cry combo. That should either outright kill the adds, or bring them close to that. If you still can't execute, MS + execute to definitely finish them off in 2 GCDs.
    Rinse and repeat.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

I was able to push them even more by using the execute legendary ring, i suggest you give it a shot if you got it.