Poll: The Best Series

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Breaking Bad

Deleted
    the question is how delusional someone can be to claim firefly or any other crap is better then Breaking Bad/The Sopranos?

The Wire
    Deadwood
    Rome
    Game of Thrones
    Seinfeld
    South Park
    Star Trek TNG, DS9

Best animated show is The Simpsons, closely followed by South Park.

Best comedy show is Seinfeld.

Best drama show is The Walking Dead.

Best fantasy show is Game of Thrones.

There are so many different categories, its not possible to pick 1 best show of them all.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2015-12-05 at 10:16 PM.

The Wire, although OZ was the best soap opra for men

Other: Twin Peaks

Educate yourself and go watch it.

Comedy: Seasons 1, 2, and 3 of Arrested Development, there is no season 4 *covers his ears while screaming LALALALALALA*.

Drama: Hannibal, best show (almost) nobody watched, sadly. The Season 2 finale was the best TV episode of all time, bar none.

Honorable mentions: House (Seasons 1-6, Seasons 7 and 8 were meh...), Seinfeld, Game of Thrones, Daredevil (which really surprised me), and for the old folks, Night Court.

Edit: Also want to add Who's Line is it Anyway? Even though it's not really a show like the others, I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as when I watched that show back when Drew Carey was hosting it.
    Last edited by Azmoden; 2015-11-08 at 09:54 PM.

Simple... Vikings.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

but if I have to pick a show with people in it, old Twilight Zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    I never could get into the time jump for the final season of boardwalk empire, Dexter's final season sort of shit on the show for me as well.

some real good shows out there though, real good.

True Detective (season one).

Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe it took to page 3 for Seinfeld to get a mention.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    There are so many dsifferent catogories, its not possible to pick 1 best show of them all.
    I agree with this though, I think its too hard to compare some shows from some of the different categories. I also wouldn't really put anything on a "best show" list that's still airing - you never know what's going to happen. I loved Lost, and didn't get upset by the ending like many fans, but I'd have to lower it on my list because of that - especially when you see how Breaking Bad crushed its landing. I was a huge fan of Heroes as well, but I wouldn't consider it a top show by the time it finished either.

My all-time favorite shows are Breaking Bad and Seinfeld, so I'd put them at the top of however you want to categorize them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Breaking Bad hands down from what I've seen on the list. No idea why GoT is up there, it's a joke compared to other tv shows and so badly written at times with drawn out filler.

Six Feet Under

But Oz comes as second best for sure.

Where all da British shows at?

Best comedy is Fawlty Towers, there is no contest. And best show I would probably say Sherlock. Firefly kind of has the unfair advantage of having only one season so it didn't have the chance to go downhill, heh.
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

15+ Year Old Account
    First of all Band Of Brothers and secondly Prisonbreak season 1-2.

Cant think of any show being better then these 2.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    i would vote Moonlighting then again you hipsters probably didn't even hear its name so i voted for OZ.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Babylon 5. The writing in that show is legendary.

Avatar: The Last Airbender. I have many favorite shows, but that is one I will never forget.

Legend of Korra was good too but I didn't feel like it had the unified feel and goal between the seasons (likely due to it being artificially extended from 1 season to 4 partway through development)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.