Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Can someone give me a crash course in DW frost? I'm confused as to what I need to prioritize ability wise.

2H is simple enough with Obliterate, howling blast with rime procs and frost strike in between.

What is the rotation for DW?
    Frost Strike with Killing Machine.
    Obliterate with two runes/When KM procs and you have no RP (this will change with the change to runes).
    Frost Strike to avoid RP capping.
    Howlilng Blast with a proc, Frost rune, or Death rune.

That said, memorising this is pointless as we haven't seen the changes to the DK rotation that will be introduced by the next expansion yet.

How could the people of blizzard Miss such a chance at doing this.... Cosmetic change is easy enough to do, makes everyone happy, and does not alter the playstyle of Frost at all.

I'm happy with it, I do enjoy the DW animations way more than 2h. Fantasy of the class is for role players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Frostmourne steals the users soul.
    Where is you proof that all runeblades do?
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Vampiric_runeblade

It's a common theme in Warcraft III and Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost has always been about DW, people are just crying about wanting frostmourne what will never happen as frostmourne no longer exists and it can't be repaired this has all been pointed out in lore around it, since there's one creature who can repair it, those who forged it and those who did so are part of the legion we are supposedly fighting with help of our artifact weapons.

If the argument for us getting it is based on lore you have already lost, not that it matter since it's been decided and it will never be 2 handed again and they can now focus on one weapon lay out, as

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    which really does feel like a slap in the face.
    This guy's got his priorities straight. I like dual-wielding for frost so my opinion is that your opinion is wrong. It's a video game, no one took your leg away from you.

Deleted
    Couldnt care less about the lore - i just dont enjoy playing DW frost at all - super quick button bashy 1-1, 2-2 system drives me mad and is terrible for the fingers. Can imagine that frost will be the stronger clas to play for the expansion raid wise as UH has had its time on current compared to previous where it only seemed decent in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    #ForeverUnholy

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

Deleted
    6.2.3 patch note update:

All deathnights now start with six death runes and all runes now refresh as death runes.

Just totally made the above up. Sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Can someone give me a crash course in DW frost? I'm confused as to what I need to prioritize ability wise.

2H is simple enough with Obliterate, howling blast with rime procs and frost strike in between.

What is the rotation for DW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda get where he's coming from. I dislike dual wielding, i also dislike melee classes with pets. I... don't know what i'm going to do when legion hits. And while i think that dual wielding can definitely fit the class fantasy, i think it doesn't fit the fantasy of obliterate, which is supposed to be 1 huge hit. I kinda think that back when they started developing the class, they should have made unholy the dual wield specc, attacking really fast with 2 weapons, and frost should have been 2 hand only, slower, but more impactful on single hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both FS and Oblit. hit from both hands now this means animation changes are also (hopefully) coming to those.

I really dislike it too. I think it was a poor call that really hurt the class concept. When the game essentially had four dps specs and three tank specs for DK, it was fine. Once we ended up with one pet spec and one tank spec and one dual wield spec, the actual death knight just got lost in the woods somewhere. It's not iconic, it's not what the class is meant to be.

But it certainly isn't going anywhere. It's been grandfathered in and has big fans. A lot of fans would like the devs to make additional specs for classes, and something for DKs that uses a two handed weapon primarily will probably be at the top of that request list- but I doubt we'll ever see it filled.

I liked that there was the option of both 2H and DW Frost and its a bit unfortunate 2H seems to be on the way out. I liked seeing those big Obliterate crits but if 1 of them really has to go then I'd rather it being the 2H instead of DW otherwise the class would end up being only a 2H class. I like the idea of the sword being reforged into 2 swords, reforging it into another 2H would be boring imho. WoW may have gotten the idea from GoT(maybe) but I'm pretty sure it was done before GoT. I agree with the person who mentioned the 1 sword becoming 2 and vice versa in the style of Wrynn's sword(s), that would be cool.
    As for it not fitting class fantasy, that's debatable

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    DW is iconic to frost DKs suck it up. if you like 2h go unholy.

also frostmourne would steal your soul and turn you evil.
    Duel wielding was added at the end of WOTLK beta due to player request. Certain DK npcs were changed to dual wield to fit that mold. Duel wielding had zero supports, specs, or playstyles until TOC was released.

The majority of the beta testers said this was a bad idea and it would water down the class. Just like we told them three tank specs would never work.

Sadly, Blizzard finally woke up and nixed 2hand frost instead. We have now lost 4 distinct playstyles and we are left with dual wield fanbois and BLizzards giant erection for dual wield dps on every class.

The class preview looks promising and hopefully there will be petless unholy talents for those that don't like being forced into yet another damn pet class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonderful...

One of the most iconic weapons in the Warcraft franchise is being shattered into two weapons... and look at the wonderful things we get in return. 2h Frost is dead, DW is now considered iconic (Because of Mograine and Thassarian! [Nevermind the fact that the most iconic DK used a two-handed runeblade), and it's the bastardized version of dual-wield frost, which exists... why? Because of clever theorycrafters during Firelands?

Bravo, Blizzard. Blood DPS is gone, Unholy has been a glorified melee hunter since Cataclysm, Cataclysm ruined our rune system, Legion ruins it further, and on top of everything they reforge the most notable weapon in Warcraft lore to cater to the bastardized version of Frost.

I'll stick to Demon Hunter or Warrior, enjoy spamming Howling Blast, guys.
    Last edited by Wildberry; 2015-11-11 at 03:00 AM.

Remember everyone, your opinion on your class' fantasy doesn't matter and you should never give feedback. Also, you are stupid and fuck you.

Infraction
    Last edited by Stacie; 2015-11-14 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    Remember everyone, your opinion on your class' fantasy doesn't matter and you should never give feedback. Also, you are stupid and fuck you.
    Accurately sums up the MMO-C and public forums.

After seeing the preview and noting that they intend for Obliterate to actually be a functional and needed ability for frost I'm fine with DW. I wish it was 2h, but as long as it's not masterfrost I'm okay with it. Now if beta promotes masterfrost again... *glares*
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    Frost was always about dual wielding. You were a huge gimp if you used a two hander in WoTLK. It fits perfectly. Unholy is the two handed spec so it makes sense that frost is going pure DW. I for one can't wait.
    many dual wielders of many fictional universes have predominantly been renowned as swift and agile fighters who wear light armor so that it does not inhibit their movement so i really think it looks stupid to see a plate dps spec dual wielding

at least in defense of warriors they generally rock big ass 2H weapons (in spite of the fact that SMF is very competitive) and selling the archetype of their class as berserking meatheads with exceptional physical strength.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2015-11-11 at 03:12 AM.

These are the most common visuals of the death knight fantasy. Dark, grey and icy plate wearing berserkers wielding runed greatswords. This is what I, and a lot of people envision Frost Death Knights to look like. Frost is easily the most iconic of the Death Knight specializations, with things like the Frozen Throne and Frostmourne being popular examples of things that the class is associated with. There are a few important Death Knight lore characters that do utilize two one-handed blades, but that's about the extent of it. The most popular concept art of Death Knights, and the vast majority of it, depicts them using large runeblades and a lot of Death Knights play the class pursuing that fantasy.

It's acceptable if Blizzard truly wants to shift the class in that direction, but to say that dual wielding is the most apparent, and most identifiable look of Frost Death Knights is a bit silly. It simply isn't true. In the Death Knight intro quest experience, you never see a dual wielded pair of runeblades. It isn't the origin of the class, or spec.