I refunded my virtual ticket price over this.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    I miss our old topic..
    Memories...

Ah the good times we had.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

I literally still don't get whats the big deal. The on the ground gameplay is so much better.

Time for this to be 2000 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I literally still don't get whats the big deal. The on the ground gameplay is so much better.
    Same. I just dont get it. Flying only takes away from the gameplay.

Excellent news. Couldn't be happier.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Fine by me. Maybe it's just early days but from my two minutes of casual browsing it seems most people are fine with it since we know it's coming, we know how it's coming...if they announced a release date or a time frame down to the month I think the majority of players would be fine with it. It's the not knowing that gets a lot of people.

I'm fine with it - but I do hope that they don't make the Broken Isle like Draenor, where there's tons of convoluted ratmazes, waaaay to many cliff faces and crap on the ground everywhere to navigate around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    Then don't fly? Let the people who want to fly do it while you can ride about on your ground mount and have the time of your life. Everyone can be happy.

Deleted
    Fantastic news, couldn't be happier

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    I'm generally an anti-flyer by nature, but I have to be honest - flying in Draenor made things way more fun for me.

The Tanaan rares (particularly the 5 event bosses) are far more accessible to me now and do them more often thx to flying. What took me hours to do now takes me 30 minutes soley due to not having to trip over constant roots n' crap and running about caves. Likewise I can far easier choose areas in Tanaan to focus on, rather than saying "OK... what's nearby...".

Don't get me wrong, I loved when they brought no-flying back for leveling in Pandaria and was optimistic in WoD - but I just really REALLY hated all the clutter and convoluted rampways/cliff-faces/large-ass mountains I had to circle around and navigate and prior expansions really didn't have that level of convolutedness while grounded. Fun at first to an explorer, but It got VERY frustrating later in endgame...

In short - I hope that they understand and find ways to make ground riding more fun/convenient than it was in Draenor.

Deleted
    good news

these idiots complaining about flying are the kind of people that have killed this game by expecting blizzard to dumb the game down for them

At this point I don't trust Blizzard WoW developers anymore. When they say they will turn on flying eventually to my ears it sounds like "last patch of the expansion".

Having flying gated behind reputations, quests, and achievements is fine. But those achievements, quests, and reputations need to be available on Day 1. If a player rushes through that content and "earns" flying then they should be rewarded with it at that instant. No waiting for patch 7.1. No waiting for a "future date". It needs to be in game, day 1, end of story.

If the current development team can't think of ways to make relevant content with flying in mind then maybe it is time to replace those team members with new faces which will bring fresh ideas to the table and get the creative juices flowing.
    Last edited by lizon; 2015-11-07 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allaria View Post
    Which is absolutely the way it should be imo.
    +1.

I hope it never gets implemented, but if it does, I hope it's at the very end of the expansion when it's worthless to be gained.

Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    good news

these idiots complaining about flying are the kind of people that have killed this game by expecting blizzard to dumb the game down for them
    I REALLY don't think flyers were the reason... not that I believe the game was "dumbed down" either...

But... in there defense, I felt more dumb spending 10+ minutes running around 5 loopways, to hop three mesa tops, to ultimately use a special-mounted glider to get to this tiny mushroom cap out in the ocean... only to get 36 garrison resources. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    +1.

I hope it never gets implemented, but if it does, I hope it's at the very end of the expansion when it's worthless to be gained.
    They already said it was set for a future patch, and that they liked the way it was done in WoD. So it's safe to assume it will be sometime durring the final patch.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2015-11-07 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    They already said it was set for a future patch, and that they liked the way it was done in WoD. So it's safe to assume it will be sometime durring the final patch.
    One can only hope.

lol, people are going to flip their shit. Yeah, they had already announced no flying at the launch of the expansion. Instead, achievement progress will begin when Legion drops and you can earn the achievement so when flying is put in, you'll be able to have it.

Of course that's not going to stop people from whining and crying and throwing little temper tantrums about how "worst expac ever cuz of no flying" or "I will unsub bcuz blizz sux now and want put in flying!!111"

Popcorn anyone?

You think the pro-flyers will start sending those death threats to blizzard employees and their families again?

This isn't even a real debate until some clown brings in the Acti-Blizz 10-k filings in and tries to tie no flying to revenue gained.

The bar has been set, meet it, or be shamed.

Yeah, because no flying in WoD totally made all that wonderful and magic content all the more special! Oh wait, that never happened, it was just no flying with less content and nothing actually being made better by the virtue of no flying.
    Last edited by Spunt; 2015-11-08 at 12:02 AM. Reason: used the wrong word
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight