Thread: 10 ilvl upgrade

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

10 ilvl upgrade

So what do you guys think this ilvl boost will mean in terms of dps boost to someone decked-out-ish in mythic gear (say 725ilvl)? A mere 5% or could it actually mean more?

5% is not mere! 5% across your whole raid is a metric shit-ton of added raid damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's just blizz's way of nerfing content so poorly organised guilds can get their myfic lewt
    Hi

it's most definitely a lot more than 5%, as it's a 10% increase to all stats.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is a nerf to Hellfire Citadel without actually nerfing it. Blizzard went the route since Siege of Orgrimmar, because some players hated raids being nerfed (myself included) even if you could "turn off" the nerf. But players being buffed? Ah, they should not complain about that!
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    So what do you guys think this ilvl boost will mean in terms of dps boost to someone decked-out-ish in mythic gear (say 725ilvl)? A mere 5% or could it actually mean more?
    It'll be significantly more, around the 16-17ish mark raid-wide (it will vary from spec to spec depending how it scales with gear).

For example, using simcraft, you can see that my spec does 64487 dps on bis heroic gear and 83661 on mythic, which is a 29.7% increase through a 15 ilvl (713>728) increase. Now mind you, the heroic profile uses the 715 ring and the mythic profile uses the 735 one, plus it's patchwerk so it's not very accurate, but you can see that the +10ilvl will give me significantly more than 5% (especially since the stats scale exponentially).
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2015-11-05 at 06:20 PM.

Even if it were 5%, that's like bringing 21 people today.

You automatically gain 10% in stats/proc scaling just from the ilvl increase alone. Adding in the fact that stats scale positively with each other, this is much closer to 12-13% in raw damage increase (depending on the class).

Adding that in across your entire raid (assuming people aren't lazy), you'll be gaining about 1.5 players worth of DPS, which is massive. Not to mention, with healers being able to output higher numbers, you may even be able to drop some on the more "borderline" fights.

Apart from simming it it is pretty easy to see what 10 ilvl can do just by looking at the logs and grabbing the toplogs within any given spec for 731 now and for ~720 now. For several classes that appears to be ~20-40k dps (not looking at killrog or gorefiend or the like). So it may be in that ballpark, probably more since the stat increase is higher in higher ilvl gear. I didn't normalize for shorter fights between those samples but well, that will also happen.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2015-11-05 at 06:56 PM.

Due to the ring you're looking at more like a 17% damage increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Due to the ring you're looking at more like a 17% damage increase.
    I haven't touched the PTR, is the ring currently available to be upgraded? According to wowhead's PTR site, it isn't.

If it can be upgraded, that will certainly make the increase even more massive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    Apart from simming it it is pretty easy to see what 10 ilvl can do just by looking at the logs and grabbing the toplogs within any given spec for 731 now and for ~720 now. For several classes that appears to be ~20-40k dps (not looking at killrog or gorefiend or the like). So it may be in that ballpark, probably more since the stat increase is higher in higher ilvl gear. I didn't normalize for shorter fights between those samples but well, that will also happen.
    This naturally assumes that BiS is all T18 HFC gear and not any sort of mix/match from T17. For instance, I know that some DKs running BoS builds prefer Mythic Vial to use, however since Vials is a T17 it won't have the ability to be upgraded. Even if it still retains BiS status, the damage output would still be lower compared to other classes which upgrade all their gear by 10 ilvs.

Additionally, I know that some disc priests are still running at 2pc/2pc build over using the T18 4pc (ease of use supposedly, I don't play my disc priest enough to know) which might fall out of favor even more with the item level difference between a 4pc being upgraded by an additional 10 item levels.

In general, you would expect numbers to rise but I'm not entirely convinced that the increase will be normalized equal across the board.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Even if the ilvl of the ring can be upgraded even further by valor it doesn't necessarily mean the proc will further scale up.

I didn't want to imply the increase will be equal. I posted a spread and it will be different for different classes obviously. It was merely an example taken from what did happen already going from one # of ilvl to another 10 ilvl further down the line.
    The dps/hps increase in logs will most likely be even higher due to higher relative uptime of pots, heroism and the like, healer cutting, tanks using only dps gear...
    You get away with alot more if the fight is only a minute and the boss virtually has not enough time to melee down your healthpool.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2015-11-05 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the legendary ring is Valor upgradable. It would be nice, but I would hold my breath on it since it can already be upgraded several times via Archimonde kills.

Overall, I agree with your assessment that DPS will increase but as another poster commented over in class forums, this will probably cause more stratification between classes that do really well in DPS and the ones that are lackluster. And unfortunately, you can't correct that by changing gear/proc values (unless it's class/spec specific). Instead you'll have to raise ability/spell DPS to compensate, which we actually do see a little bit on the most recent PTR buffs to certain specs.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    You automatically gain 10% in stats/proc scaling just from the ilvl increase alone. Adding in the fact that stats scale positively with each other, this is much closer to 12-13% in raw damage increase (depending on the class).

Adding that in across your entire raid (assuming people aren't lazy), you'll be gaining about 1.5 players worth of DPS, which is massive. Not to mention, with healers being able to output higher numbers, you may even be able to drop some on the more "borderline" fights.
    Yepp. Also our DPS double dips from the stat increase since the fights will also be significantly shorter, meaning higher uptimes on most buffs.

The legendary ring will not be upgradable with valor btw. There's some tweet about it.

Deleted
    Itemlevel buff is IMO better way of nerfing content.

Giving my character higher item level also buffs it in outside-raid environment, allowing me to do dailies faster or deal with things like saberon claw grind with less pain.

So yeah, i support this over plain 5-10-15-20 etc % nerf to raid.

It's easy to just pull down a H and M sample from SimC, and use your very own legendary ring in both profiles. Yes it's +15ilvl's, but it'll give you some idea on just how big of a gain it is in a controlled environment.

For example

H Arcane Mage with my 780 legendary ring
    75,822 DPS
    M Arcane Mage with my 780 legendary ring
    110,936 DPS

Almost a 50% boost at +15ilvl's which in turn is about a 33% boost for +10ilvl's.

That doesn't take into account that boss kill times with be much quicker.
    Also don't forget that the first items people are likely to upgrade are their WF items...

It might not scale perfectly going from say 730 to 740, but simply put this ilvl gain is a monster sized boost to DPS.
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2015-11-06 at 11:49 AM.

10 item levels is raw 10% stat increase and 15%+ dps increase. This is big deal. A lot of still progressing guilds will see Manno/Archi kills with extra DPS. Speed kills will also be on the rise. I expect Iron Reaver to be killed in under 1 minute.

Deleted
    2-heal all the bosses. Fun! (for those not outside)