Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It is somewhat awkward that you ONLY use your regular pets with service now.

But meh, not really a big deal considering they're pigeon holing us into 1 pet per spec anyway. What's worse to me is with sup you lose your major cd and basically don't have one but with service you keep your major cd and add another pet cd on top of it.
    Yea i thought that as well. I agree with the change for supremacy and I think its sensible otherwise you had two 'pet boosts your damage' talents and it was shit how supremacy meant sacrifice invalidated that choice. But service is a bit of a fiddly talent to use for the average person (ie select it then choose the demon you want to spawn) so having that as the only talent for 'traditional' pets outside of demonology is somewhat tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Losing a major CD is not a big deal because it is entirely numbers tuning and they can easily make up for the CD loss. I'm not too hung up on the CD situation for warlocks in general as Blizzard is taking a stance against the opener pull arms race that has been going on between classes since Cataclysm.
    I could care less about openers personally, I'm more concerned about situations like the ones we've had for the last 2 xpacs where we can carry mechanics with DS that we'll no longer be able to do with the dmg averaged out into our kit.

Overall numbers aren't ever anything to worry about, especially as a pure.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

So are the gold rings being addressed? I tried searching the blue tracker but it's not exactly easy to do for someone on their phone. Just hoping for confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    So are the gold rings being addressed? I tried searching the blue tracker but it's not exactly easy to do for someone on their phone. Just hoping for confirmation
    I really hope they do lol let us keep soulflame xD screw the other 2 haha

Quote Originally Posted by Fearsom1992 View Post
    I really hope they do lol let us keep soulflame xD screw the other 2 haha
    But keep the names. I like the names

Quote Originally Posted by Dukov View Post
    The old GoSac was more than a flat passive modifier, it also gave us some cool spells to use ourselves. Sacrificing your own demon to gain strength is fun thematically and it works well if you don't like using a pet. I doubt it will ever be used if it's designed like this though, seeing as you miss some important spells that pets provides.
    The cool spell it gives, is the same the sacrificed pet already have in all cases but the voidwalker. For the rest is a health regen passive bonus with haunt,drain life and drain soul passive bonus damage.

Won't argue about the fantasy around it, because i pretty much agree with you, but for the rest, is seriously a cluster of +% passive modifiers.

But ehy, "boring" is so used lately that it's just me being picky with this word when, as of know, it pretty much have a different meaning other then the literal, conventional one.

Thinking about it, i once tried to cosplay my dog into a felpuppy. I executed it so horribly i couldn't bother to take a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    The cool spell it gives, is the same the sacrificed pet already have in all cases but the voidwalker. For the rest is a health regen passive bonus with haunt,drain life and drain soul passive bonus damage.

Won't argue about the fantasy around it, because i pretty much agree with you, but for the rest, is seriously a cluster of +% passive modifiers.

But ehy, "boring" is so used lately that it's just me being picky with this word when, as of know, it pretty much have a different meaning other then the literal, conventional one.

Thinking about it, i once tried to cosplay my dog into a felpuppy. I executed it so horribly i couldn't bother to take a picture.
    Am I the only one that has a problem not having an interrupt when your demo or when you pet sac? "cringe violet hold fel guards T-T"

Quote Originally Posted by Esinar View Post
    Originally Posted by Celestalon
    A couple important changes didn’t make it in in time for today’s Alpha build, but we wanted to share now, to help guide feedback. Grimoire of Supremacy’s effect is being replaced with the Demonic Servitude effect (permanent Doomguard/Infernal), and Demonic Servitude is being replaced with a new passive talent, Soul Conduit, which causes each Soul Shard you spend to have a chance to be immediately refunded (chance rolled individually per Soul Shard).

Additionally, there’s another change coming, specific to Affliction’s artifact. Souls for the artifact will no longer be targetable units; they will instead be just a soul that appears when you kill an enemy, plus occasionally escaping from the artifact. The artifact’s active button will consume all of the nearby souls, and grant you the buff for 5sec per soul consumed. No more targeting/killing souls required.

Thanks for all the constructive feedback, and keep it coming!
    I must say I'm impressed. They took our Tormented Souls/Reap Soul feedback and implemented it. Also impressed with the Demonic Servitude location change. /Hat tip to blizz
    Unless it was elsewhere I dont see the Gold Rings mentioned. Still away from pc so investigative powers are limited

Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    Unless it was elsewhere I dont see the Gold Rings mentioned. Still away from pc so investigative powers are limited
    Same I don't see it anywhere either xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esinar View Post
    So here's the basics of how the new Reap Souls ability works:

Tooltip:
    Instant Cast
    45 second cooldown
    Ulthalesh consumes Tormented Souls, doubling the effect of all passives by 5 seconds for each soul consumed.

Tormented Souls are now little static purple orbs that spawn near you and seem to spawn via RNG spell damage... so all spell damage has a chance to summon them... and it really does seem to be RNG as you can get absolutely loads or none at all.

From what I'm seeing you can have 100% up-time on the buff if you use Reap Souls when you have 9 souls up (9 souls x 5 = 45 sec buff with Reap Souls having a 45 second CD) and then get fairly lucky with RNG in order to spawn 9 more souls before the cooldown comes up. If you want to build up 9 Souls to initially use Reap Souls it's again RNG. It may 15-20 seconds, it may take up to a minute.

If things stay the same there will be some obvious theory crafting so see whether or not its worth using it every 9 souls or whether its best just to use Reap Souls on CD.

Also - the "tracking" of the Souls actually takes place as a buff in the normal top-right corner of your screen... it's just like a stacking buff called Tormented Souls Aura... the Reap Souls ability itself has no tracking whatsoever... but this may just be a placeholder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That sounds like an even more annoying maintenance buff than Soulburn Haunt, they just gave it its own even more RNG resource system.
    It's almost as if it's going to end up like mana tap 2.0, but now even worse...................................................hmmmmm did not see that coming, oh wait

@Baconeggcheese you want fries with your hat big guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    It's almost as if it's going to end up like mana tap 2.0, but now even worse...................................................hmmmmm did not see that coming, oh wait

@Baconeggcheese you want fries with your hat big guy?
    I don't know what that means, or how its worse than mana tap.

Deleted
    I don't know what that means, or how its worse than mana tap.
    Was just a little reference to our discussion a few pages back, when i pretty much predicted this crap happening, anyways was just a joke.

Its the RNG that makes it worse, if its possible to RNG 9 souls/orbs for 100% uptime due to high proc chance, your gonna want that and its just going to feel bad when the RNG doesn't allow it, will be really frustrating i think(my original argument for it being another maintenance buff).

I really hate maintenance buffs( if you didn't notice) but i would always pick mana tap over reap souls if i was made to choose one, because its not subject to RNG, as it just going to end up with some annoying addon that will do the maths for you for the optimum time to use reap soul compared to your chance of proccing more orbs/souls while holding onto the cooldown.

If the chance to proc souls is pretty small, so the chances of always having 9 souls are very small, you will not be penalised for holding onto it for stuff like trinket procs etc so makes it feel more like a cooldown buff instead of something you want to maintain as much as possible, which is far better imo.
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2016-03-28 at 04:45 PM.

Guys, guys, we have more than one person saying it's a maintenance buff now, so it's a maintenance buff. Man, if only getting class buffs was this easy.

Was just a little reference to our discussion a few pages back, when i pretty much predicted this crap happening, anyways was just a joke.
    I still don't get the fries / hat thing.

But if it was you I had that convo with then kudos you were right. At the time there was no reason to think it would become this though, it didn't work the way it currently works at all and they didn't announce anything to do with procs at the time of announcing the change.

Grats that your shot in the dark hit?

Its the RNG that makes it worse, if its possible to RNG 9 souls/orbs for 100% uptime due to high proc chance, your gonna want that and its just going to feel bad when the RNG doesn't allow it, will be really frustrating i think(my original argument for it being another maintenance buff).

I really hate maintenance buffs( if you didn't notice) but i would always pick mana tap over reap souls if i was made to choose one, because its not subject to RNG, as it just going to end up with some annoying addon that will do the maths for you for the optimum time to use reap soul compared to your chance of proccing more orbs/souls while holding onto the cooldown.

If the chance to proc souls is pretty small, so the chances of always having 9 souls are very small, you will not be penalised for holding onto it for stuff like trinket procs etc so makes it feel more like a cooldown buff instead of something you want to maintain as much as possible, which is far better imo.
    It's buggy as hell right now so its hard to tell, half the time it doesn't consume the souls at all and then the other half it does consume the souls but people report wildly different up times.

I was easily able to keep it up 100% of the time on a training dummy with no soul effigy. Which while I find boring, is faaaaar superior than having to play the way mana tap forces you to play.

I already gave feedback on the alpha forums though, if you're interested: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4835?page=2#32

Deleted
    I still don't get the fries / hat thing.

But if it was you I had that convo with then kudos you were right. At the time there was no reason to think it would become this though, it didn't work the way it currently works at all and they didn't announce anything to do with procs at the time of announcing the change.

Grats that your shot in the dark hit?

It's buggy as hell right now so its hard to tell, half the time it doesn't consume the souls at all and then the other half it does consume the souls but people report wildly different up times.

I was easily able to keep it up 100% of the time on a training dummy with no soul effigy. Which while I find boring, is faaaaar superior than having to play the way mana tap forces you to play.

I already gave feedback on the alpha forums though, if you're interested: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4835?page=2#32
    Wasn't a shot in the dark, i was basing it on when they added the counter to keep track of your souls/orbs, then my next logical step from that was they wanted you to keep track because they were going to buff the amount of souls out (from 2 at the time IIRC, as what would be the point of a counter for 2 souls) by either increasing the periodic rate or adding proc chance from spells, so massively increasing uptime and here we are doing just that, which sucks tbh(for someone like me).

If you like it this way that's coolio, i would just rather have it act like a mini-cd rather than a maintenance buff and even if it is superior to mana tap. The problem is i don't have to take mana tap if it don't like the playstyle, but now it seems i will end up with a similar mechanic anyways, hence the whole mana tap 2.0 comment

Good post on the forums tho mate, i'm still waiting on access, seems even having glad on two toons and duelist on 4 others is not enough to get an invite on the last wave to test the pvp content
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2016-03-28 at 06:15 PM.

Am I the only one that has a problem not having an interrupt when your demo or when you pet sac? "cringe violet hold fel guards T-T"
    It has been a gripe of mine for a while that we have no baseline interrupt. But at least it was offset by getting abilities via GoSac. It will annoy me more in legion when we're pigeon-holed into Imp for destro etc. At least with demo I can use axe toss, still an interrupt would be so much better.

Just make Spell lock baseline and put devour magic on Felhunter's command demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    It has been a gripe of mine for a while that we have no baseline interrupt. But at least it was offset by getting abilities via GoSac. It will annoy me more in legion when we're pigeon-holed into Imp for destro etc. At least with demo I can use axe toss, still an interrupt would be so much better.

Just make Spell lock baseline and put devour magic on Felhunter's command demon.
    yea but the mobs with the biggest problems in heroics can't be stunned "violet hold fel guard guardian.. or arcane withered boss in arc way..., in all the expacs until legion gosac has always given you an interrupt, but poor demo has never had one if my memory serves me right. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    yea but the mobs with the biggest problems in heroics can't be stunned "violet hold fel guard guardian.. or arcane withered boss in arc way..., in all the expacs until legion gosac has always given you an interrupt, but poor demo has never had one if my memory serves me right. :/
    Honestly, this is going to be a problem for like 3 weeks until players are overgeared enough not to bother with it any more. Besides, "Interrupting is a melee's job, mines on a useless 26s cooldown".

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Honestly, this is going to be a problem for like 3 weeks until players are overgeared enough not to bother with it any more. Besides, "Interrupting is a melee's job, mines on a useless 26s cooldown".
    Don't forget that CMs are supposed to be a viable PvE progression path, and if there's a lot of stun-immune mobs that have to be interrupted it could severely hurt our viability in those.

Deleted
    i stll cant believe this goofy doomguard is our only rly dps cooldown? Why does a PET is the Cooldown of a Dotclass?! It makes no sense to me and i rly rly hope it will change. I mean i dont care about the damage there, but dark souls was such a nice cooldown.... "stylewise".
    I mean who at blizzard thinks about that?!