Im starting to make my build for questing and first dungs for all the info gather, and i have to possible talents build choice:

Build A:
    1) Backdraft; 2) Reverse Entropy; 3) Demon Skin (no hard choice here); 4) Fire and Brimstone; 5) Dark Pact; 6) Grimore of Sacrifice; 7) Soul Condit

Build B:
    1) Roaring Blaze; 2) Cataclysm; 3) Demon Skin; 4) Erradication; 5) Dark Pact; 6) Grimore of Sacrifice; 7) Channel Demonfire

My idea here is have a talent build with a can cover many scenarios, but i dont see setting up my mind yet... So, i would like to ask what you ppl think?

With the first build i wanted it to be more balanced, but i still no feel confortable with only: Havok, Immo, Conflag, Incinerate and Chaos Bolt, no having a Instant Cast for execute moments really make me feel uncomfortable (Conflag is out of question for obvious reasons)... So, from there i planned the second one, trying to keep it balanced, but i feel it may be a bit to slow without Backdraft... I was even thinking in change Soul Condit with Channel Demonfire for the instant cast, but that really cut my Chaos Bolt... So, this is it, all opinions would be very appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowburn is non negotiable for dungeons IMO, it's just good for everything except for pure single target, but for that case it offers you great mobility.

shadowburn is too strong in its current form...give it 2 charges and 12sec recharge and killing a target in a few sec window rechares a charge...i think its stupid that u have a possible talent build where not casting chaos bolt (core spell of the spec) is a thing...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemay View Post
    shadowburn is too strong in its current form...give it 2 charges and 12sec recharge and killing a target in a few sec window rechares a charge...i think its stupid that u have a possible talent build where not casting chaos bolt (core spell of the spec) is a thing...
    if you have shadowburn and not casting chaos bolts, then there is a good chance that you're doing it wrong, CB has way too many buffs to not be used over shadowburn, as i see it, shadowburn is for movement and fights with a lot of spawning adds like xhul'horac or assault for more shards etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemay View Post
    Or... *gasp* ... make it an execute. If it works, don't change it. Making it always usable only causes huge balancing problems.

i dont understand why they saw a need to change it anyway, not like the functionality of it changed...even now in HFC its better to cast chaos bolt even sub 20%
    Last edited by Zerach8; 2016-07-09 at 12:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a good change, first of all you don't need to fight other similar abilities anymore and secondly it gives a lot more options for you in mobility and cleave.

It is a wonderful spell now. It just needs some decent animation.

I think that it would have been better for all shorts if Shadowburn wasnt been change as a baseline execute, and the talent just remove the execute window (like Wreak Havok do with Havok), that way Destro still have and insatnt execute for normal setup and can be change to what is now for high mobility fights... But that is just my opinion XD

Hm well with Shadowburn as a talent, i guess it would be better something like this:

1) Shadowburn; 2) Reverse Entropy; 3) Demon Skin; 4) Erradication; 5) Dark Pact; 6) Grimore of Sacrifice; 7) Soul Conduit

Using a more like cleave rotation for AOE? Or i would be better change Erradication with F&B? Tho, that change really hurt my ST damage... I know Mana Tap have a very bad opinion, but it wont be useful in a build like this?

1) Shadowburn; 2) Mana Tap; 3) Demon Skin; 4) Fire and Brimstone; 5) Dark Pact; 6) Grimore of Sacrifice; 7) Soul Conduit/Channel Demonfire

Mana Tap could make it for Erradication, and with Shadowburn + Soul Conduit we could pass the 30% mana cost without issue (dont even think about Soul Conduit + Soulsnatcher + Chaos Bolt)... And even, could work in AOE with F&B if burst AOE is need it.

Just saying, i really dont mind using it if can get the work done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It was a good change, first of all you don't need to fight other similar abilities anymore and secondly it gives a lot more options for you in mobility and cleave.

It is a wonderful spell now. It just needs some decent animation.
    true, altho i think roaring blaze might be a better option for cleave but certainly still an option.

Did not see anything concrete yet, but simulators should be ready soon.

I think it will be Mastery > Crit>=Haste > Vers.

You are completely right, small amounts of mastery rating result in pretty big actual gains, although need to remember that mastery does not affect all of our damage, while crit or haste do, although still even with that taken into account if I go by my character example:

6846 crit rating adds 19.56% crit (~24.5% total).
    100086 mastery rating adds 86.45% mastery (~110% total).

So I need 350 rating to get +1% crit and only 116 rating to get 1% mastery. 1% crit is without a doubt better than 1% mastery... but is 1% crit better than 3% mastery? I do not think so and even if they end up even - Mastery will still be a better stat because of damage reduction...

For example in my case, not only I have up to 110% damage increase for my spells, but I also take up to 24% less damage as well - that is not a small amount of passive defense.
    I'm just not sure that crit is going to be valuable for us at all really, compared to haste and mastery. I've got a feeling it's going to be Mastery=Haste> crit > vers. With so much +crit to immo, conflag, and CB on the artifact I don't think stacking crit is going to be a valuable damage increase. Whereas with haste increasing conflag recharge time and just in general smoothing things like movement and squeezing in casts I think it's going to be very valuable. And I agree with you about mastery, I think when paired with the damage reduction it becomes very useful as well.

Immolate is the only spell with +crit on the artifact tree, and while its a lot of crit it's not enough to significantly devalue crit even for that spell.

By the by has anyone tested to see what chaotic instability does? The way its worded could mean a couple things.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

By the by has anyone tested to see what chaotic instability does? The way its worded could mean a couple things.
    The trait tells you exactly what it does: It increases the critical strike damage of Chaos Bolt by 8% (3/3 ranks). So instead of a 100k, it would hit a 108k.

Quote Originally Posted by App View Post
    The trait tells you exactly what it does: It increases the critical strike damage of Chaos Bolt by 8% (3/3 ranks). So instead of a 100k, it would hit a 108k.
    "increases critical strike damage by 8%" could mean multiple things, hence the question. My assumption is the same though.

"increases critical strike damage by 8%" could mean multiple things, hence the question. My assumption is the same though.
    What could it possibly mean except for "increases the critical strike damage by 8% of Chaos Bolt"? Like, I literally only see one meaning.

What could it possibly mean except for "increases the critical strike damage by 8% of Chaos Bolt"? Like, I literally only see one meaning.
    Friend, it's a simple question. If you've tested it and gotten the answer *from testing* then that'd be super helpful. If you haven't tested it then.

Friend, it's a simple question. If you've tested it and gotten the answer *from testing* then that'd be super helpful. If you haven't tested it then.
    I've already told you what it does though - it increases the critical damage of Chaos Bolt by 8%. Since Chaos Bolt is a 100% crit spell - that translates the trait literally into "Increases the damage of Chaos Bolt by 8%". It doesn't take testing to understand that (I have tested it and it's very easy to see it happen).

I've already told you what it does though - it increases the critical damage of Chaos Bolt by 8%. Since Chaos Bolt is a 100% crit spell - that translates the trait literally into "Increases the damage of Chaos Bolt by 8%". It doesn't take testing to understand that (I have tested it and it's very easy to see it happen).
    Since you guys would rather be snarky than figure something out, the two ways to interpret it are the way you guys are, or that the Bonus Damage given to chaos bolt by your critical hit chance is increased by 8%. Both are valid interpretations, and that's why testing it carefully would be important, since they are very different.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is isn't that simple, why it does not simply state "increases damage dealt by Chaos Bolt by x%" like every other similar trait does?

I don't see what is so problematic with that question that it needs to raise such an acidic feedback.

why it does not simply state "increases damage dealt by Chaos Bolt by x%" like every other similar trait does?
    Yeah that's mostly what makes me curious, though I assume they just wanted to make it look a certain way as the number could vary and get smaller depending on how they factored it in to get the same end result.

But yeah haven't gotten around to actually testing it to see. And more simple testing methods are now a pita because of mastery.

Deleted
    Yeah that's mostly what makes me curious, though I assume they just wanted to make it look a certain way as the number could vary and get smaller depending on how they factored it in to get the same end result.

But yeah haven't gotten around to actually testing it to see. And more simple testing methods are now a pita because of mastery.
    yeah they changed the hand of guldan trait from being 30% crit dmg to +15% dmg buff why they didnt do it with CB is odd bcoz its kinda ambigous.