Well since Fire and Brimstone doesn't do AOE immolate anymore, it'll be very viable for 2 target and single target fights. Unless they do nerf it like ROF, ;-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    Well since Fire and Brimstone doesn't do AOE immolate anymore, it'll be very viable for 2 target and single target fights. Unless they do nerf it like ROF, ;-)
    keep in mind that havoc can talented to have no cooldown so you can apply immolates faster with clever usage of havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    keep in mind that havoc can talented to have no cooldown so you can apply immolates faster with clever usage of havoc.
    Sounds like the most unfun minigame ever.

And Wreak Havoc is currently on the same talent tier as Channel Demonfire anyway, so using the former to activate targets for the latter just doesn't work.

As it stands (a situation very much prone to changing, btw - look at what they did to DK talents in the last patch), the L100 tier has three pretty distinct niches for its talents: Wreak Havoc wins in high-cleave fights, Channel Demonfire is strongest in primarily single-target and high-burst situations, and DServ is theoretically best in high-AoE applications (assuming they live up to their statements of making the infernal not suck again).

Given that we haven't even seen the very basic artifact rework to account for the Backdraft change, we're speculating at speculations at this point, of course. Getting too attached to concepts could be bad for your mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    How is it clever if it has no cool down?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    How is it clever if it has no cool down?
    I think he means Havoc A, Immolate B, Havoc C, Immolate D. 4 targets immolated for 2 casts of Immolate + the reduced GCD's of Havoc.

As Brusalk mentioned, this would be aids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Sounds like the most unfun minigame ever.
    true, but its doable.

Though if Destruction doesn't have its 1s GCD and/or Havoc doesn't have a reduced GCD in Legion (nobody has played it yet, don't want to assume) it's only very slightly faster if at all to Havoc-Immolate compared to just tab targeting Immolate. While also, y'know, being terrible.

Deleted
    I'd be surprised if we lost that aspect of Destruction, however I suppose we have to consider all possibilities.

Did anyone say baseline ability?

sounds like a talent / artifact perk to me.

See blizzard, I can do it too.
    made by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gruxxar View Post
    Did anyone say baseline ability?

sounds like a talent / artifact perk to me.

See blizzard, I can do it too.
    I normally dislike saltiness over alpha notes but this one tickled my pickle.

Deleted
    I don't think it's been mentioned, but Price of Power, the artifact trait that rolls mastery three times, is simply a 50% increase to the mastery. When you roll a continuous distribution n times and take the max you'll get n/(n+1) times the maximum value on average. That means with one roll you get 1/2 = 50% of the max and with three you get 3/4 = 75%, so the increase is 75%/50% - 1 = 50%.

Of course the trait also means you'll get crappy values less often but in PvE it doesn't matter too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    I don't think it's been mentioned, but Price of Power, the artifact trait that rolls mastery three times, is simply a 50% increase to the mastery. When you roll a continuous distribution n times and take the max you'll get n/(n+1) times the maximum value on average. That means with one roll you get 1/2 = 50% of the max and with three you get 3/4 = 75%, so the increase is 75%/50% - 1 = 50%.

Of course the trait also means you'll get crappy values less often but in PvE it doesn't matter too much.
    I mean, it matters a lot if something has to die RIGHT NOW and the trait helps to keep you from getting bad mastery rolls.

Deleted
    it still increases your chance of getting a good roll as opposed to a bad 1 tho. getting a roll of 1% is 16 times worse than a roll of 16 and 15% less dmg is no what you want as a dps.

Deleted
    Of course it's a nice bonus but it's incredibly minor when you take into account that your mastery is only part of your damage, and you in turn are only one of ~14 DPS in the raid meaning little randomnesses like that are very quickly evened out. The only thing a normal PVE player really needs to care about is that it increases the value of mastery by 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    And Wreak Havoc is currently on the same talent tier as Channel Demonfire anyway, so using the former to activate targets for the latter just doesn't work.

As it stands (a situation very much prone to changing, btw - look at what they did to DK talents in the last patch), the L100 tier has three pretty distinct niches for its talents: Wreak Havoc wins in high-cleave fights, Channel Demonfire is strongest in primarily single-target and high-burst situations, and DServ is theoretically best in high-AoE applications (assuming they live up to their statements of making the infernal not suck again).

Given that we haven't even seen the very basic artifact rework to account for the Backdraft change, we're speculating at speculations at this point, of course. Getting too attached to concepts could be bad for your mental health.
    if the imp are not revised...id be surprised if not the buffed permanent doomguard will be the best lvl 100 for sustained single target dps..especially in a high mobility fight

Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    Of course it's a nice bonus but it's incredibly minor when you take into account that your mastery is only part of your damage, and you in turn are only one of ~14 DPS in the raid meaning little randomnesses like that are very quickly evened out. The only thing a normal PVE player really needs to care about is that it increases the value of mastery by 50%.
    While you may be only 1 of 14 dps in the raid, if you are given the responsibility of killing the adds that will otherwise cause a wipe (which happens fairly often; I for example am always assigned to solo the ghosts on Socrethar and the left-side bloodthirsters on Kilrogg) then every mastery roll could be crucial.

the point of that trait is to smoothen out the rng of mastery so that in 3 casts u dont get 3%,7% and 50% procs, but instead get 27%, 22% and 50%...its a big dps increase along with more reliable damage when u need it (in case of bursting down adds).

personally, if i decide to play destro, ill go for that trait asap

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hey guyz, we removed the mastery which ppl loved and which fits perfectly to the spec identity (big secondary-resource nukes), and replaced it with this rng mess but don't worry, we also gave you a talent which removes the rng, and turns your mastery into another versatility (without the defensive component)."

This is not good design.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    "Hey guyz, we removed the mastery which ppl loved and which fits perfectly to the spec identity (big secondary-resource nukes), and replaced it with this rng mess but don't worry, we also gave you a talent which removes the rng, and turns your mastery into another versatility (without the defensive component)."

This is not good design.
    You expected alot if you expected the warlock design team to actually be able to design something.