Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You don't think the overwhelming majority of the combat talents doing absolutely nothing is a problem? Well that's a matter of perspective, but hey keep on attacking me instead of defending the decision or explaining how what I'm saying is wrong.
    well tbh i think you're wrong in your statement that the overwhelming majority of combat talents does nothing, every tier of talents have a talent that straight up gives you an extra button to push, thats slightly over 1/3 of the "combat" talents that gives you something extra to push/do, to be exact 48% of all the talents gives you an extra button to push, i wouldnt say thats an overwhelming majority, i will agree tho that most of them gives a passive effect but that just adds depth to the spec.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2015-12-02 at 11:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well tbh i think you're wrong in your statement that the overwhelming majority of combat talents does nothing, every tier of talents have a talent that straight up gives you an extra button to push, thats slightly over 1/3 of the talents that gives you something extra to push/do, to be exact 43% of all the talents gives you an extra button to push, i wouldnt say thats an overwhelming majority, i will agree tho that most of them gives a passive effect but that just adds depth to the spec.
    Like I said earlier, the actual active buttons look very situational, principally for AoE or burst AoE; and even then completely lack synergy with talents on other rows - so you wouldn't want to pick Implosion with Powertrip or Demonbolt for example; while Demonbolt would still likely be better than Inquisitor in almost any situation because with Impending Doom and Hand of Doom it too scales rapidly with increasing targets for which one is usually a priority.

Meanwhile GoSynergy is still comfortably better than the other Grmoires because it isn't limited to ST.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2015-12-02 at 12:51 PM.

Honestly can't wait to see what stayed/got cut in the next beta batch tbh, also curious what the demo artifact tree will be like, hope it won't be boring.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Honestly can't wait to see what stayed/got cut in the next beta batch tbh, also curious what the demo artifact tree will be like, hope it won't be boring.
    I'm kinda anxious about the Artifact. Maybe we get a Pit Lord and/or DreadLord and/or Fel Lord as CD?

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catharyn View Post
    I'll think it will only be affect Summon Felguard, you'll use the helm fort the 20% Dmg boost.
    I would hope not. I can understand it say not effecting guardians... Are the dreadhounds guardians..? :/ It seems dumb to have a cooldown a cost AND a cast time on a spell that is pretty big to the damaging aspect of the spec. It would be like blizzard going "Hmm we can balance chaos bolt better if we slapped a 12 second cooldown on it."

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You don't think the overwhelming majority of the combat talents doing absolutely nothing is a problem? Well that's a matter of perspective, but hey keep on attacking me instead of defending the decision or explaining how what I'm saying is wrong.
    So for starters the conversation started with you asking how someone could find the talent fun which is subjective... so there is no right or wrong there... and I explained how there is depth to the talent... and you tried to claim fault with the talent... to which I replied how the issues you were bringing up were non-issues. Not really sure what conversation you were having where I *only* attacked you and didn't dispute your claims.

The question your presenting now is also a completely different topic vs the one we were discussing, you realize that right? Out of left field with this stuff... but anyway...

I'm confused what you mean by nothing, since they all do something. Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Yeah I'm hoping this alpha build going up today opens some stuff up for more datamining so we can see the actual talents and traits and legendaries etc etc that they're planning instead of having no idea which of this stuff actually stayed through the builds.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    So for starters the conversation started with you asking how someone could find the talent fun which is subjective... so there is no right or wrong there... and I explained how there is depth to the talent... and you tried to claim fault with the talent... to which I replied how the issues you were bringing up were non-issues. Not really sure what conversation you were having where I *only* attacked you and didn't dispute your claims.

The question your presenting now is also a completely different topic vs the one we were discussing, you realize that right? Out of left field with this stuff... but anyway...

I'm confused what you mean by nothing, since they all do something. Please elaborate.

Yeah I'm hoping this alpha build going up today opens some stuff up for more datamining so we can see the actual talents and traits and legendaries etc etc that they're planning instead of having no idea which of this stuff actually stayed through the builds.
    I don't know if that was everything with this new beta patch , I hope not, there's like almost no changes to locks whatsoever and demo artifact is still a mystery, sigh.

Seems they lower cast time of Shadowbolt to 2 sec (down from 2.5)
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Seems they lower cast time of Shadowbolt to 2 sec (down from 2.5)
    Does that mean Demonbolt's cast time is reduced too? Much needed change on Shadowbolt at least.

Deleted
    Skull of Manari datamined on newest build still early so no look at the passive on it.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=12894...anari#comments

I note it says 'Main hand staff' though... might be a new way of diversifying the transmog? Letting you use a staff but the 'main hand' part also lets you transmog an offhand with a mainhand (but not a staff in the main hand) perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeshmi View Post
    Skull of Manari datamined on newest build still early so no look at the passive on it.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=12894...anari#comments

I note it says 'Main hand staff' though... might be a new way of diversifying the transmog? Letting you use a staff but the 'main hand' part also lets you transmog an offhand with a mainhand (but not a staff in the main hand) perhaps?
    My guess is that it's a weapon type exclusive to Skull. So perhaps means that staff mogs will work, but so will MH/OH mogs.

Well that's good news about the mogging.

Haha I almost can't believe mog flexibility really is a huge item on my list of reasons to consider Demo for my ms in Legion ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Well that's good news about the mogging.

Haha I almost can't believe mog flexibility really is a huge item on my list of reasons to consider Demo for my ms in Legion ...
    Lol. Hopefully it pans out for us... Imo its something casters should have had a longggggg time ago. Though I really want to see the demo artifacts traits already :/

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Yep! The alternate demon pets will be available via Minor Glyphs.
    So, if you liked those...

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Yep! The alternate demon pets will be available via Minor Glyphs.
    So, if you liked those...
    That's actually so much better this way too since it isn't all or nothing.

I hated the observer for instance so it'll be great to never have to see that guy again, but I liked my void lord and his name has become part of a running joke in my guild so I would've been sad to lose him.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    That's actually so much better this way too since it isn't all or nothing.

I hated the observer for instance so it'll be great to never have to see that guy again, but I liked my void lord and his name has become part of a running joke in my guild so I would've been sad to lose him.
    I hope those glyphs will be entirely unique so to speak. Like I don't want a one glyph does all kinda deal... There are some of the base demons that imo I prefer over the "alternates" but then there are also some alternates that I quite like sometimes.

Also... wtb demonology artifact traits already...

Also it seems shadowflame has been reduced to 30% spellpower from 120%... Will be interesting to see how they balance it out if they feel they overdid it a substantial amount?
    Last edited by Yorindesarin; 2015-12-03 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorindesarin View Post
    I hope those glyphs will be entirely unique so to speak. Like I don't want a one glyph does all kinda deal... There are some of the base demons that imo I prefer over the "alternates" but then there are also some alternates that I quite like sometimes.

Also... wtb demonology artifact traits already...

Also it seems shadowflame has been reduced to 30% spellpower from 120%... Will be interesting to see how they balance it out if they feel they overdid it a substantial amount?
    Making HoG always apply Doom is a BIG deal, and a huge bonus to HoGs effective DpET.

Really nice thought of having a skull as the main weapon for demono. would be really appreciated if we had new casting animation that would suits it. as for the rework design to have more than one pet. my only assumption is that you could control a main pet and the rest are dot like mechanics , similar to the hunters Dire Beast talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Making HoG always apply Doom is a BIG deal, and a huge bonus to HoGs effective DpET.
    Is doom still a very long DoT in Legion? The way I was reading it, it would deal damage and expire after 20 seconds, so I'm curious how it would work if you refresh it early, say via hitting it with HoG with that talent.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
    Is doom still a very long DoT in Legion? The way I was reading it, it would deal damage and expire after 20 seconds, so I'm curious how it would work if you refresh it early, say via hitting it with HoG with that talent.
    Casting a DoT again doesn't change the effective next tick time, it just adds onto the duration of the end of the dot.

Consider a dot that ticks once a second for 3 seconds, and we reapply halfway between the 2nd and third tick, with 30% pandemic.
    t0------------t1-------------t2------------t3
    t0------------t1-------------t2----app----t3------------t4------------t5-------------t6

For a DoT with only one ticket at the end, I'd imagine it works like this if you let it fall off:
    t0-------------------------------------------t1
    t0------------------------------reapp-------t1-------------------------t2partial