[QUOTE=Yorindesarin;37663164]I hope those glyphs will be entirely unique so to speak. Like I don't want a one glyph does all kinda deal... There are some of the base demons that imo I prefer over the "alternates" but then there are also some alternates that I quite like sometimes.

Considering they said minor glyphs will be applied directly to spells, I imagine they'd have to? Though I guess it could apply to the entire book which would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorindesarin View Post
    Also it seems shadowflame has been reduced to 30% spellpower from 120%... Will be interesting to see how they balance it out if they feel they overdid it a substantial amount?
    Where you seeing this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    For a DoT with only one ticket at the end, I'd imagine it works like this if you let it fall off:
    t0-------------------------------------------t1
    t0------------------------------reapp-------t1-------------------------t2partial
    I'm kind of curious about that myself because of the imp talent. It would be an unintentional way to cheese more imps.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Casting a DoT again doesn't change the effective next tick time, it just adds onto the duration of the end of the dot.

Consider a dot that ticks once a second for 3 seconds, and we reapply halfway between the 2nd and third tick, with 30% pandemic.
    t0------------t1-------------t2------------t3
    t0------------t1-------------t2----app----t3------------t4------------t5-------------t6

For a DoT with only one ticket at the end, I'd imagine it works like this if you let it fall off:
    t0-------------------------------------------t1
    t0------------------------------reapp-------t1-------------------------t2partial
    Right, but I was curious if it would actually work like our other DoTs, since it functions a bit differently. I'm hoping the way you say it works is what it is and that it doesn't just erase it.

[QUOTE=Baconeggcheese;37666146]
    I hope those glyphs will be entirely unique so to speak. Like I don't want a one glyph does all kinda deal... There are some of the base demons that imo I prefer over the "alternates" but then there are also some alternates that I quite like sometimes.

Considering they said minor glyphs will be applied directly to spells, I imagine they'd have to? Though I guess it could apply to the entire book which would suck.

Where you seeing this?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm kind of curious about that myself because of the imp talent. It would be an unintentional way to cheese more imps.
    Don't quote me on this, but I think normally effects and procs for DoTs don't proc off of partial ticks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
    Right, but I was curious if it would actually work like our other DoTs, since it functions a bit differently. I'm hoping the way you say it works is what it is and that it doesn't just erase it.
    I doubt that they would implement it in any way other than a DoT that only ticks once. (Or put another way, a DoT whose periodicity is the same as its duration) It'd be additional effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoda View Post
    I'm kinda anxious about the Artifact. Maybe we get a Pit Lord and/or DreadLord and/or Fel Lord as CD?
    I'm just really hoping the skull will be cracking jokes like Johnson from Shadows of the Damned

Don't quote me on this, but I think normally effects and procs for DoTs don't proc off of partial ticks.
    That hasn't been the case even currently afaik.

Doom for instance can proc an extra imp right now on its partial tick.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It had meta because the lore was written in a way where anyone who abuses fel enough transforms into a demon.

It makes 0 sense from a lore perspective that we're going to lose that. It makes 0 sense that DH's have horns and scales and we don't. Even from a spec identity perspective it still makes no sense to drop meta because demonology (the study of demons) logical conclusion considering the application of fel would absolutely end with you trying to become a powerful demon as opposed to you trying to control weak ones.
    [QUOTE=Baconeggcheese;37666146]
    I hope those glyphs will be entirely unique so to speak. Like I don't want a one glyph does all kinda deal... There are some of the base demons that imo I prefer over the "alternates" but then there are also some alternates that I quite like sometimes.

Where you seeing this?

- - - Updated - - -

Mmo champs main page under spell changes. Unless I've misunderstood?

Mmo champs main page under spell changes. Unless I've misunderstood?
    Oh I see it, I must have glossed over that part and just payed attention to them adding a shard to it.

I kinda wish it would just summon partial imps when that happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I see it, I must have glossed over that part and just payed attention to them adding a shard to it.
    Could just be 4*30% over 8s(i.e. 4 ticks) and MMOC messing up the mining.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    If it is downed to that (which lets be fair isn't a bad thing tbh) it gives us a on the move filler that also allows shard generation whilst still doing moderate damage. So they may have balanced it a slightly different way.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Could just be 4*30% over 8s(i.e. 4 ticks) and MMOC messing up the mining.
    True nuff.

Partial imps doesn't work for obvious mechanical reasons and having talents like demonbolt that won't be partially affected by having an extra demon out.

Deleted
    True nuff.

Partial imps doesn't work for obvious mechanical reasons and having talents like demonbolt that won't be partially affected by having an extra demon out.
    im fairly sure its still 120% spellpower over 8 secs with it being 30% spellpower pr tick for 4 ticks, makes little sense to me for it to be 30% spellpower over 8 sec.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    im fairly sure its still 120% spellpower over 8 secs with it being 30% spellpower pr tick for 4 ticks, makes little sense to me for it to be 30% spellpower over 8 sec.
    Very possible. They may have just rewritten it differently and MMOC took it to mean what I initially thought it may mean.

Deleted
    Very possible. They may have just rewritten it differently and MMOC took it to mean what I initially thought it may mean.
    also if you check the spell description it says "dealing 0 Shadowflame damage, and [ 120% of Spell Power ] Shadowflame damage over 8 sec, stacking. Generates 1 Soul Shard." but the description next to the spell, mmo writes "dealing 0 Shadowflame damage, and [*30% of Spell Power*] Shadowflame damage over 8 sec, stacking. Generates 1 Soul Shard.", fairly sure in this reference the spell description is the right 1.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2015-12-05 at 07:01 PM.

That *is* what huth said... and I agreed with...

Does anyone know whether our demons will get some visual updates ? I mean since we're going back to using vanilla models I rly hope they use some of the current tanaan/legion demon models to update our old ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Does anyone know whether our demons will get some visual updates ? I mean since we're going back to using vanilla models I rly hope they use some of the current tanaan/legion demon models to update our old ones.
    you will still use the skins of our old gosup demons but you'll use minor glyphs to get it, according to blue tweets on the from page of mmo-champion.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    you will still use the skins of our old gosup demons but you'll use minor glyphs to get it, according to blue tweets on the from page of mmo-champion.
    That's not what I meant, I was talking about the regular demons ( non GoSup skins) being updated, I mean look at the vanilla version of felhunter, it's crappy and the new dreadstalkers are supposedly felhunters ( or whatever u wanna call it ) they could use some similar skin model for the old felhunter, heck even infernal could use some of the more buffed version of infernals running around in Tanaan.

Deleted
    The Felpuppy has a slight re-skin, brought it up to speed with better textures. It's nothing amazing but it's nice enough.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    wut, vanilla models? o.O

Deleted
    wut, vanilla models? o.O