Page 4 of 163 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like the direction. The only thing I really want though is incubus that was promised 5 years ago
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I am really excited for Demo. Wish they had put in some Shadowbolt Volley. Maybe its a talent or something

I really hope Demonbolt, or rather its burst potential stays as a talented option for Demo.. as well as Cataclysm. I have a feeling Cata may go Destro's way thematically though, even though it was really never used by Destro this expac lol.

Oh, now i know what this "Lots of booming imps" is like :

LEMMINGS!!!

Here is demonology roots!
    Last edited by volrat; 2015-11-11 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    Oh, now i know what this "Lots of booming imps" is like :

LEMMINGS!!!

Here is demonology roots!
    For years I was wondering where my Alquaeda imps were, now we can finally be the demon mastery hun...warlocks we were always meant to be.

Deleted
    Demonwrath
    -2.5% Mana per sec, Channeled
    -Your demons crackle with demonic energy. Every 1 sec, all enemies within 10 yds of any of your demons take minor Shadow damage.
    -Each time Demonwrath deals damage, it has a 15% chance to generate a Soul Shard.
    -May be channeled while moving.

This is the spell that interests me when coming to shard regen.
    Will it be 15% for each tick or 15% from each Demon that ticks?
    (15 per second vs 15% per demon per second :O )

If it is the latter then i cant see there being a reason to use Shadow Bolt unless there are no Demons within 10yds of your target.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayan View Post
    one last note/concern/question:
    anyone wondering why we haven't seen the darksoul cooldown in none of the 3 spec's ability listings? other specs major cooldowns seem clearly listed in their respective blogs...
    Perhaps it being common between the specs means it isn't core to any one spec, so not covered in what are meant to core to each spec.
    There will be at some point I expect a more substantial, if not exhaustive list for each.
    These are not trying to be that, but still perhaps too basic.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Maybe Demo will have a talent called "Den of Mortal Delights" that transforms all their wild imps into Succubi, altering all imp-based abilities to stronger versions
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Maybe Demo will have a talent called "Den of Mortal Delights" that transforms all their wild imps into Succubi, altering all imp-based abilities to stronger versions
    Lol "The warlock brings out his inner Pimp, summoning waves of Succubi"

Quote Originally Posted by cobz715 View Post
    Demonwrath
    -Your demons crackle with demonic energy. Every 1 sec, all enemies within 10 yds of any of your demons take minor Shadow damage.
    -Each time Demonwrath deals damage, it has a 15% chance to generate a Soul Shard.

If it is the latter then i cant see there being a reason to use Shadow Bolt unless there are no Demons within 10yds of your target.
    One of the first things I thought I'd want to test. With seemingly two scaling factors (Number of demons, number of hit targets) one would think you would not need too many targets for this to generate shards faster than SB.. and its mobile.

Curious if it will stack for every additional demon, or just overlap to create a larger area of effect. If it just overlaps then mechanically it's likely just one scaling factor, number of targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    One of the first things I thought I'd want to test. With seemingly two scaling factors (Number of demons, number of hit targets) one would think you would not need too many targets for this to generate shards faster than SB.. and its mobile.

Curious if it will stack for every additional demon, or just overlap to create a larger area of effect. If it just overlaps then mechanically it's likely just one scaling factor, number of targets.
    Likewise.
    If it does have either or both scaling factors it will allow for some pretty strong/consistent AoE (unless its a wet noodle ability)
    Spamming HoG's to get the imps and the initial damage
    Implosion or just the amount of damage Demonwrath would do with an army of imps up.

I like this spell regardless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    1 felguard + 1 doomguard + 1 goserv + 20-25 imps = 23-28 demons. (WoD)
    How are you getting to the imps number? I would advise against using bonuses from the class trinket and the current T18 4pc bonus.

We don't know if future tier bonuses will allow spawning of extra demons nor the traits/abilities that the artifact weapon might also provide. Additionally, the glyph of imp swarm should also be discounted as glyphs are being revamped (Major glyphs system removed, Glyphs affect individual spells).
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhh, Im just waiting to see what new demons we can get. I know nathrezim are off the table, as they said they do want us permanently enslaving one, but I am wondering what other demons we shall get. Like maybe a few new ones? Like Summoning an imp mother, that just constantly summons Imps... Would love that Or a morag brute.... or some of the older demons, like the doomlord or pitlord or w/e.

As to what we are getting, sorta in like with what I expected... except the damn stalkers... -.- Feels like they are seriously forcing us to use those damn things. I hate them from WoD, simply because they remind me of how much we were nerfed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post

If it's only 15% per sec, you need about 6-7 sec to get 1 shard on average, makeing any kinda of AoE rather impossible to sustain. Especially because we probably need HoGs for AoE.

I think it's 15% per enemy inside the AoE, with maybe a cap of 1 per sec. Each enemy only being hit once, no matter how many demons are nearby. If it's once per enemy per demon, you'd get to 90% chance with 3 demons and 2 targets and makeing shadowbolt useless no matter the damage of both spells.

Still haven't seen anything implying we won't need to be in melee range to maximize Felstalker uptime.

12 seconds is not a lot of time given the cost to have them running to the target at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvii View Post
    Still haven't seen anything implying we won't need to be in melee range to maximize Felstalker uptime.

12 seconds is not a lot of time given the cost to have them running to the target at all.
    It depends on the damage they do. Blizzard could easily say, they only deal 10 sec of damage and balance around those numbers or they always get summoned next to our target, which to me makes this a rather complicated set of walking dots. Besides, 2 shards is only 2 shadowbolts. Unlike destro, I don't think that's very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by jackvii View Post

You imply demo aoe is still bound to Hellfire? (no stronger version this time, ask SPriest if u want one)
    It woul be horrible design, so definitely maybe....
    Last edited by volrat; 2015-11-11 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You imply demo aoe is still bound to Hellfire? (no stronger version this time, ask SPriest if u want one)
    He means you'll want to be in Melee range to ensure your Imps spawn nice and close to the targets for Demonwrath to hit them.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2015-11-11 at 04:31 PM.

- Removed -

-Novx
    Last edited by Novx; 2015-11-15 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    It depends on the damage they do. Blizzard could easily say, they only deal 10 sec of damage and balance around those numbers or they always get summoned next to our target, which to me makes this a rather complicated set of walking dots. Besides, 2 shards is only 2 shadowbolts. Unlike destro, I don't think that's very expensive.
    Demonlogy's tier bonus seems like a dry-run for this ability so I'm willing to bet they'll run like Servitude demons. But even balanced around 2 seconds of dead time means we see a 16% increase from sitting in melee to push uptime before enhancements are considered. Unlike Servitude, Felstalkers are a huge portion of the rotation and if you're shaving off uptime by being at max range every cast, it adds up to a lot of lost damage.

I'm talking about Felstalkers running over to bite the target when they're only up for 12 seconds, if they're not attacking straight off you're losing damage. Which means if Bliz thinks a 12 second dot is only going to be balanced for 10 seconds of actual damage, you have more to gain by sitting in melee to get the full 12.

Assuming they don't charge like Ghost Wolves. . . but there's no indication that they do right now.
    Last edited by jackvii; 2015-11-11 at 04:45 PM.

One solution to the Felstalkers running over and wasting up time would be to have their duration be based on how many attacks they do instead of a set time. Say they attack once per second, then the felstalkers despawn after 12 attacks: give them 60 energy and have each attack consume 5 energy. When they run out of energy: poof, gone.

Quote Originally Posted by cobz715 View Post
    Demonwrath

This is the spell that interests me when coming to shard regen.
    Will it be 15% for each tick or 15% from each Demon that ticks?
    (15 per second vs 15% per demon per second :O )

I'm wondering the same on how this works. From wording alone if you have 2 demons out and channel for 1 sec. Demonwrath deals damage twice and each has a 15% chance to generate a shard.