Unhappy Shadow Priest Looks

So, after an 8+ month hiatus from anything WoW I came back super excited to try out the new Spriest changes. The play style seems to be really exciting but I can not get over one thing. I guess I have been using glyph of shadowy friends for a while so I never realized that shadow didn't extend to your mounts. I can get over that one, but they are basically forcing glyph of shadow on us now? I loved the dark, see through look of shadow form. Now it just looks like any other toon with a little purple hue to it. I'm sad and ranting... does anyone know if there is any way to make it look the way it used to?!

Quote Originally Posted by Notouchiez View Post
    So, after an 8+ month hiatus from anything WoW I came back super excited to try out the new Spriest changes. The play style seems to be really exciting but I can not get over one thing. I guess I have been using glyph of shadowy friends for a while so I never realized that shadow didn't extend to your mounts. I can get over that one, but they are basically forcing glyph of shadow on us now? I loved the dark, see through look of shadow form. Now it just looks like any other toon with a little purple hue to it. I'm sad and ranting... does anyone know if there is any way to make it look the way it used to?!
    You should be dark purple without Glyph of Shadow (which still exists).
    If you logged in and were not dark purple then you probably logged out with Glyph of Shadow active (I had this).
    Relogging once made me all dark again.

Same thing when you apply the new Glyph of Shadow, you wont see the difference until you relog.

If relogging doesnt work you can also enter and exit Voidform to force the game to use the proper shading.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

As it stands today your baseline form is going to look like a more translucent version of the WOD "Glyph of Shadows" Shadowform.

If you use the "Glyph of Shadows" your baseline is going to be significantly less translucent (you can still see some stuff, but only at closer zoom levels) and slightly less purple, but still more purple than the WOD version.

The baseline WOD shadowform (dark purple and translucent) is no longer accessible other than at 100 Insanity (or slightly before) before hitting Void Eruption.

Most of the feedback that I've heard has been less along your concerns and more that you can't turn it off at all. Personally it doesn't bother me, but I planned my transmog around it.