Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is mostly a rename, but at least they're carving out some spec identity, so I'm content for now.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    I like the changes.

I guess their main goal was to make the 3 rogue specs feel different from one another. I think they succeeded in doing so.
    However, whether all 3 of them are viable remains open but I am very eager to test them out.

Specifically I am glad that:
    -Assassination didnt get a huge overhaul. It was always my fav spec and I am glad I can still "pretend" to be the sneaky, poisonous, assassin that kills only as much as needed, without having to get used to a full set of new talents/abilities. welcome back Mutilate.
    -Combat/Outlaw did get an overhaul and I am looking forward to trying it out. Integrating the concealed pistol is a great idea but I wanna see the implementation first
    -Sub gets a rework and it still looks like the go to pvp spec. Not sure if suited for pve but will still test it out. the shadow mechanics make me curious

Sub rogue is sick. With preperation it can burst a chunk in PvP. Does it keep SnD?

Seriously, Outlaw is just the new cover of combat, the contents are essentially the same. And why is Slice and Dice still there????!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deemer276 View Post
    Well first of all.. this just looks awsome. Outlaw rogues are going to be amazing.. but what i wanna know.. is what the hell are they going to do about Demon Hunters Stealth Vision... if DH's can literally see right through stealth as of now it looks similar to a hunters aspect.. give it has no cool down that we know of.. wont this make Subtley Rogues.. kind of Useless???
    Wasn't that stealth vision for Demons only? Not sure if a demon rogue is playable in legion hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    A little disappointed with Assi. Doesn't look to have changed much at all just touched up a little. Hopefully the talents will give you the option to make a pretty boring rotation a bit more lively.
    Yeah, the only thing they added was that damage % buff after you use a finisher. I'm fairly surprised at the amount of changes, but wonder how much things will actually be shaken up. If sinister strike is being taken over by saber slash, that's stupid just because rogues don't use just swords (in fact, blizzard been throwing us fist weapons and axes mainly so we can share with enh shamans). I'm wondering if assassination and sub AoE is going to be forgotten again. Not that I'm saying "these changes are shit!" but this is just a preview, and while the preview of sub and combat were good, assassination told us absolutely nothing, it was like reading the preview for resto shamans all over again. That being said, you can't bring this up in general discussion unlike shamans, mainly because general forums hate rogues.
    Last edited by Xada; 2015-11-12 at 02:13 PM.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    What do you mean? Every spec has a different artifact weapon, so you're always stuck with 1 spec if you don't get the other artifact weapons.
    I mean bf stuck with 1 spec so that means if u want to raid u go single/aoe as always u stick to combat.

Unless i have understand wrong u cannot have all 3 artifacts powered up the same at the same time.

They should have either remove bf or make it baseline for all specs.

And considering blizzard makes 90% of fights with adds and some fights with super heavy adds well........

But overall there are some good changes and new mechanics cause rogue was stale almost since vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    Yeah, the only thing they added was that damage % buff after you use. I'm fairly surprised at the amount of changes, but wonder how much things will actually be shaken up. If sinister strike is being taken over by saber slash, that's stupid just because rogues don't use just swords (in fact, blizzard been throwing us fist weapons and axes mainly so we can share with enh shamans). I'm wondering if assassination and sub AoE is going to be forgotten again. Not that I'm saying "these changes are shit!" but this is just a preview, and while the preview of sub and combat were good, assassination told us absolutely nothing, it was like reading the preview for resto shamans all over again. That being said, you can't bring this up in general discussion like shamans, mainly because general forums hate rogues.
    Im fine with enh getting swords, have been since cata honestly

also for what its worth since the artifact for outlaw is a sword.

"Ambush only stealh opener for Outlaw, all intial CC removed"; so essentially a pve spec? Really hope they add some ranged instant CC to make up for this, or arena is a no go.

Sub is the only spec that looks ok. Assassin looks exactly the same with some minor changes and Outlaw basically replaced revealing strikes with pistol shot and eviscerate with run through.

They should of made Outlaw a ranged spec with duel wielding pistols or duel wielding crossbow pistols. Really annoying that huntards get a melee spec when they are one of, if not the highest played classes in game that didn't need any major changes while rogues basically remain unchanged at least from that list of changes.

Rogues will remain the lowest played class in game come Legion once the title of Outlaw wears off and people realize its the same spec with two slight changes.

so sub rogue slow is going to be tied to an ability we dont even use as often to keep it up?

noice

Assasin=single target spec, outlaw=aoe spec, sub=pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't agree at all with Blizzard's vision of the Combat rogue.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Good thing your opinion doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Thank god you're not a developer.

Outlaw seems pretty fun. All about procs and combo points.

Quote Originally Posted by robomatticus View Post
    Good thing your opinion doesn't matter.
    That's kind of rude, don't you think? I don't like the changes to Combat either. This plus the sewer means I won't be touching my Rogue in Legion.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

It's worth bearing in mind that the abilities listed are only the basic rotation abilities.

Talents will change things significantly; Blizzard have already said that each spec is going to have a lot of unique talents. As a result I suspect the flavor of each spec will be significant difference once talents are factored in. For example, they mentioned cannon balls and grappling hooks being part of the theme for Outlaw, but those are not listed in this preview. This means they must be talents.

Okay, as a combat player since... well, since ever... i was a bit worried what they'll do to "my" spec. But I have to say, I'm kinda relieved to still recognise the combat background while being excited about the new stuff... Outlaw could become a real awesome spec.

I was waiting restlessly for these for a while now.
    Now after I've read them? Meh.

Still sticking to my rogue as a main - but I expected more