Deleted

Question Streaming PC Purchase Help

Hey everyone

I'm trying to build myself a new PC with the intention to stream on it.
    Currently I got a msi GTX 970 which I'll be putting into it as well as some good DDR3 Ram.
    Games I wanna play are mostly Blizzard Games in max Quality + maybe some Ark.
    I'd like to be able to stream it in full HD (when hopefully the day comes and I become a partner).
    But also same time I'd like to record it for youtube purposes.

First my question is, do you recommend a two PC setup for this or is just one really good PC fine?
    Next, what kind of PC build do you recommend?
    If you can show me some european sites for it that would be sweet, I'm from Germany btw.

Thanks in advance!!

Deleted
    Streaming in full hd is quite useless unless you are partnered. Go for 720p and a bit rate of 2500kb/s. Edit: Saw you pointed this out, my bad.

For blizzard games you don't really need a super strong computer, 8gb of ram should suffice and a strong i5 or i7 will do nicely with OBS. Recording take no real extra pressure, the only thing I would recommend is to not use a torrent application or similar on the same drive you record to so you can be sure that there's capacity to write your files.

Personally I have OBS scale down my stream to 720p, the videos are still 1080p however.
    Last edited by mmoc2e0c1ec87e; 2015-11-10 at 10:04 PM.

Deleted
    Depends if you want to keep that ddr3. New skylake uses ddr4. I will link a skylake ddr4 and if you want to stick to ddr3 although there are skylake mobos working with ddr3 i would not reckon it. So in that case have to roll a gen back to haswell refresh. An i5 can stream fine but an i7 would give you more breathing room if you decide to stream a more intensive game than blizzard ones.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (€406.99 @ Mindfactory)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler (€64.89 @ Mindfactory)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€146.72 @ Mindfactory)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (€105.84 @ Mindfactory)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€87.84 @ Mindfactory)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€51.54 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case (€83.18 @ Mindfactory)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (€82.62 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €1029.62
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-11 09:03 CET+0100

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies!
    Is the Skylake generation a big improvement to the Haswell one?
    Technically the Ram I just got aren't crucial to keep, only the GTX 970 is important for me to put into the new PC.
    I been told the msi Z97A Gaming 7 mainboards are a good choice, would you recommend those over the Gigabyte ones?

Quote Originally Posted by YPX369 View Post
    Thanks for the replies!
    Is the Skylake generation a big improvement to the Haswell one?
    Technically the Ram I just got aren't crucial to keep, only the GTX 970 is important for me to put into the new PC.
    I been told the msi Z97A Gaming 7 mainboards are a good choice, would you recommend those over the Gigabyte ones?
    Skylake is about a 5% increase. It's not that much more though and puts you in the new socket since the old one is dead.

I would never recommend MSI over Gigabyte. I would never recommend MSI at all.

Deleted
    Is it in general a bad idea if I wanted to go with Haswell to save a few bucks but locked with old socket?
    Or is the price difference for equivalent power not worth mentioning and I should rather go Skylake?

MSI isn't good? Alrighty then, my source of info hasn't been ground breaking to begin with.
    This is why I'm here to get some good recommendations!
    I'm not experienced with all this much either, all of your help is greatly appreciated!

If you want to save a few bucks, nothing wrong with sticking with a 4690K. It's not really going to save you all that much though. Either are solid choices.

Also, MSI is not that bad, just Gigabyte and ASUS are far better.

Deleted
    Is it in general a bad idea if I wanted to go with Haswell to save a few bucks but locked with old socket?
    Or is the price difference for equivalent power not worth mentioning and I should rather go Skylake?
    Its not a bad idea for now but it would be long term. Unless you have a strict budget, which am not aware since you didn't mention one but it won't be too much. As i said you can get an i5 6600k in that build instead of the i7. Say in 4-5years when you will upgrade to a new pc those ram sticks you got now can be carried over. Ddr3 reached end of its life i would say. Up to you really there is no bad choice

Deleted
    There's no actual budget, just don't wanna go overkill that is.
    The i7 seems reasonable since I'll be streaming games, not only Blizzard games but eventually also more intensive ones like ARK.
    If possible I'd like to record the gameplay same time as I stream, will this be possible with all that?
    About the memory, I been suggested to go for 32gb DDR4 with over 2000mhz...now I'm confused what's the best way to go?

Deleted
    32gb for what? There is no game that will even use 8gb and i got 16up there. The standard Mhz for skylake is 2133 but i would go as far as 2400Mhz which is considered overclock but there is no need. You will get 0 benefit in gaming, i would just go with the price, if you find 2400 cheaper go for it, otherwise 2133mhz. And yeah the build above will do whatever you want, game+record+stream. The gtx970 you got is still a very good gpu for 1080p.

Deleted
    Alright so 2133 is what I should look for unless I find reasonable priced 2400 correct?
    Will the msi GTX970 have a good synergy with the other parts if I get a let's say Gigabyte motherboard?
    For the PSU, is anything above 550 overkill?
    Technically I'm only looking to have it run good and all with 1080p for now and might wanna consider upgrading in 2 years or so.
    Most important to know is just for me to run things on Ultra while being able to stream it and record same time.

You guys are doing an amazing help here for me! Thanks already for all the info!

Look up Intel's QuickSync technology. You can stream with almost zero overhead of any kind by using the (otherwise sitting there doing nothing) iGPU in the CPU.

You really dont need a super-rig to Stream at 1080p anymore.

Deleted
    I am aware of that, but my current cpu is struggling big time already for multiple games, that's another reason of the upgrade.
    With the i7 6700 I believe I should be fine for a good time, just my other questions are still important

Deleted
    Alright so 2133 is what I should look for unless I find reasonable priced 2400 correct?
    Will the msi GTX970 have a good synergy with the other parts if I get a let's say Gigabyte motherboard?
    For the PSU, is anything above 550 overkill?
    Technically I'm only looking to have it run good and all with 1080p for now and might wanna consider upgrading in 2 years or so
    Most important to know is just for me to run things on Ultra while being able to stream it and record same time.

You guys are doing an amazing help here for me! Thanks already for all the info!
    - About the ram, yes indeed, you should (if you want) take 2400 over 2133 if its same or cheaper price. Not even worth 5euro more imo unless its for aesthetics, ie the color of the mobo or theme you want to have.
    - There is no good synergy, it either works or not, any pci-e gpu would work, simple as that.
    - I guess 620w could be fine as well but it not needed. The above build with a gtx 970, a bunch of peripherals, can't break 400w with everything at full load. You would have to overclock cpu/gpu. So a good quality/real 550w give plenty of room.
    - You are good to go, no hassles, if there is something to hold you back in some AAA games for ultra will be the gpu and nothing else.