Thank you for your answer.
    Last thing, should I let an exsanguinate 130% rupture tick until the last one ? I can I refresh it under 6 sec ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaluna View Post
    Thank you for your answer.
    Last thing, should I let an exsanguinate 130% rupture tick until the last one ? I can I refresh it under 6 sec ?
    Let it expire, with as much CP as you can saved up to immediately reapply it. Alternatively, you can reapply it <1 second duration, since you will only miss out on one tick at that point.

I would like to further the questions above a bit:

When looking over my logs I realized I missed out on a full use of Exsanguinate because I was waiting until I had both rupture and Garrote at nearly full duration at the same time. During mid-fight when the 2 are not lining up, should I just refresh a full rupture and then use Exsanguinate ASAP, regardless of the time left on Garrote?

Quote Originally Posted by rulem View Post
    I would like to further the questions above a bit:

When looking over my logs I realized I missed out on a full use of Exsanguinate because I was waiting until I had both rupture and Garrote at nearly full duration at the same time. During mid-fight when the 2 are not lining up, should I just refresh a full rupture and then use Exsanguinate ASAP, regardless of the time left on Garrote?
    Yes, generally speaking. You can only garrote every so often (cooldown), so you get the same damage and energy regen from it no matter whether it was exsang'd or not. That said, it can still add to burst when lined up properly, so there may still be reason to do so once in a while. Just not in the middle of an average length fight on single target.

One of the issues I ran into running Exsanguinate was timing the Rupture refresh. It always seemed like Exsanguinate was coming off cooldown when I had 20+ seconds left on Rupture. I feel like it's probably better to clip the Rupture and use Exsanguinate immediately rather than waiting for the 10-20 seconds for the Rupture duration to tick down, but I'm not positive on that.

Always refresh rupture before exsang. Ideally with vanish and nightstalker talent

I know to refresh Rupture before Exsang, but do you refresh right as Exsang comes off cooldown even if Rupture has 20+ seconds left on it, or do you delay Exsang until Rupture needs refreshing anyways?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    You want to keep Rupture as close to 100% as possible, with 6 CP

If you use EP, you can ditch Envenoms ranging from 2 to 4 CPs to keep it up on major/medium cooldowns
    so using envenom with 2-4 cp when ep is not up is a dps gain?
    So no more wait for 5 or 6 cp envenom?

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    If you have EP and Rupture up and also 5-6 CP then you can use Envenom.

Is crit/Vers gear the way to go for EP/Exsang build? My sims were slightly higher with that set against crit/mastery.

Just noticed that From the Shadows don't get benefits from Master Poisoner but Bag of Tricks does.

is this intended or a bug ?

both does poison damage so i think they should get buffed too.

Deleted
    Any idea why SIM prio crit over mastery in poison build? Is there some cap which is tryin to reach?
    Got 34 crit 103 mastery ( just switch in from outlaw)

Hi guys, just did Normal and Heroic Ursoc, performed at 95% (292k) and 82% (275k) for my gear level (853) respectively. Trying to figure out what I can do to improve, and why H Ursoc was a lot worse. As I understand it, it's usually Envenom/EP uptime, but the H Ursoc one had better uptime compared to N, still got a DPS decrease. Here are my logs (after warcraftlogs . com, can't post links yet):

Normal Ursoc: /reports/Z96rQfkx1ApYGDvw#fight=7&type=damage-done
    Heroic Ursoc: /reports/M3kRbJLBKFCYrcpz#type=auras&target=1

Would like to know what I can do to improve from a performance standpoint. Aside from getting Mark of the Hidden Satyr, Potion of the Old War, 200 Agi/Mastery enchants and Saber's Eye of course (will use these when I get more Heroic gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Youmakeme View Post
    Any idea why SIM prio crit over mastery in poison build? Is there some cap which is tryin to reach?
    As I understand it, you want somewhere from 40-50% crit as EP/AP build, because you rarely try to build to full CPs outside of refreshing rupture. So you want some high crit so when we envenom to keep EP rolling we only on average will need 1 mut to get 3-4 CPs.

The goal of that spec is to maximise EP uptime, which means casting envenom whenever EP is about to drop even with only 3 CPs. High crit means less muts more envenoms = higher EP uptime.

I have only just recently swapped myself so I don't know for sure, but that is my understanding.

I am at around 40% when my DM card is high and 105% mastery, and I still feel like my muts dont crit enough when I need to rebuff EP.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748968342

This guide is the bible for Assassination - helped me a lot in swapping.
    Last edited by TheRogue; 2016-10-21 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    Pay attention to where I wrote "ditch Envenoms ranging from 2 to 4 CPs to keep it up on major/medium cooldowns"

Meaning during Vendetta/Kingsbane/Exsang/Nightstalker Rupture

Otherwise, you do the following: when outta of CDs, do 1 Mutilate, hold onto the combo points until you get ~110 energy, then Envenom > 2 Mutilate and do Envenom with whatever CPs you got from the two muts, but only do the Envenom on the last second of the EP, so you get the maximum out of the EP uptime ( fitting as many abilities as you can during it )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Youmakeme View Post
    As someone already said, you need more crit to be able to envenom with just 1 mut most of the time. That said, it may be worth trying master poisoner until you get more crit, even more if you don't have the mut crit artefact points. Ideally you want to be around ~50% crit on mutilate, so 44% + 3 artefact points with EP.

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    Pay attention to where I wrote "ditch Envenoms ranging from 2 to 4 CPs to keep it up on major/medium cooldowns"
    Is there definitive proof that this is superior to waiting for 5/6 CP? I understand that EP uptime during CDs is important, but so is being energy efficient, and using 35-energy Envenoms at only 2-4 CP is a great way to starve yourself.

Granted, I play with Nightmare Egg Shell and Bloodthirsty Instinct, so my energy regen is pretty huge, meaning I can usually get high EP uptime by waiting for 5/6 CP anyway.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

So I see that people Vanish and rupture 5pts mid fight as rotation, but [Nightstalker] is while in stealth, dont dots dynamically update now? As soon as you come out of stealth does the 50% not instantly go away?

[Nightstalker] to me looks awful due to dynamically updating bleeds/dots, can someone explain the appeal or how to use this properly in the rotation to me, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    So I see that people Vanish and rupture 5pts mid fight as rotation, but [Nightstalker] is while in stealth, dont dots dynamically update now? As soon as you come out of stealth does the 50% not instantly go away?

[Nightstalker] to me looks awful due to dynamically updating bleeds/dots, can someone explain the appeal or how to use this properly in the rotation to me, thanks!
    The Rupture snapshots Nighstalker. You can test it out yourself. Just apply a 6 CP Rupture and watch the ticks. Then apply a Rupture from Vanish and you'll see it tick for 1.5x that. (assuming the effects of Blood of the Assassinated are ignored)
    Last edited by Won7on; 2016-10-21 at 07:26 AM.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

I'll drop yesterday HC ursoc trinket (865). For an AP build which is the second best trinket? ATM i've Horn of Valor.