Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    So it seems blizzard ninja nerfed the master assassin trait and didn't say anything about 6 points into it gets you 48secs off the cd rather than 1 min. It's nice they made this change and said nothing great patch notes. I found this by jumping on the ptr just now it's not on mmo or wowhead's ptr data.
    If this is true, that's just straight up fucked for them to make a change like that last minute.

On another note, according to the newest 7.1.5 SimC build, I'm actually going up DPS with this patch.

LIVE EP/DS/AP: 545k
    7.1.5 EP/DS/AP: 537k
    7.1.5 MP/Vigor/AP: 568k

That's with legendary boots/bracer, at ~886 equip / 892 bag ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    So it seems blizzard ninja nerfed the master assassin trait and didn't say anything about 6 points into it gets you 48secs off the cd rather than 1 min. It's nice they made this change and said nothing great patch notes. I found this by jumping on the ptr just now it's not on mmo or wowhead's ptr data.
    Well that's pretty shitty because that doesn't line up at all then with Exsan, though I guess luckily we won't be using that next patch. 1 min CD Vendetta feels so nice and smooth though, real shame that they nerfed it.

I guess it had to be nerfed though cause with boots and then the NH trinket would have been like a 40sec CD. Still though, gonna suck til the boots and trinket drop.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is just hilarious, what a fucking joke of a patch

retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurix View Post
    If this is true, that's just straight up fucked for them to make a change like that last minute.
    Well, we are getting used to this kind of treatment.

Deleted
    Invest so much time into collecting specific relics, no warning, just changed. GG NO RE.

Well guess i have 1 week to try and drop 3 non MA relics. The nerf to this trait the way they did it is a massive nerf to the spec itself, without the relics the Vendetta CD is not 1:30 mins anymore, I hope they baked some of the damage into the spec on top of the 7% they had given us before.

Thank fucking god I've got some 880 rupture/AP relics in my bags from our Mythic Farm runs. Doubt others are as lucky.

Deleted
    MA relics are not so bad after the nerf that you have to rush on changing them...

What fells bad thats not only a nerf to our relics, but also to the 3 traits in our weapon, without any compensation.

If this goes live now I agree it was poorly timed and they should have announced their intentions earlier, even though this was not an unexpected change.

In my opinion it's a horrible system when a trait is powerful enough that we are stacking relics with vastly lower ilvl than what we have available. If this means MA relics drop in value so the other relics (which are quite even atm) becomes more desirable I'm glad. It will make getting relic upgrades in NH so much easier/smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnukk View Post
    If this means MA relics drop in value so the other relics (which are quite even atm) becomes more desirable I'm glad.
    I'm honestly surprised this didn't happen after their 1 week 'tuning' pass we'll get when NH opens, or maybe a week later when mythic opens.

3xMA is still best, but ilvl means a little more now, and 2xMA with one gushing wound is about even. 1K difference in sims for me with the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    MA relics are not so bad after the nerf that you have to rush on changing them...

What fells bad thats not only a nerf to our relics, but also to the 3 traits in our weapon, without any compensation.
    There might be a compensation, they only just included this on the ptr, its not even on the patch notes, they mightve given us more than 7% damage now. They nerfred it the wrong way tough, what they had to do was reduce vendettas base CD to like 1:45 and make the trait give you 5 secs, this way unreliced vendetta would still be 1:30, theres no reason to make untraited vendetta 1:36, thats a stupid CD for anything.

This needed oto happen, it was quite dumb to be locked to only 2 relics on NH, but they should've changed it earlier and give us some warning, not ninja nerf it hours before the patch hits live without even saying anything on the patch notes.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-01-10 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    They nerfred it the wrong way tough, what they had to do was reduce vendettas base CD to like 1:45 and make the trait give you 5 secs, this way unreliced vendetta would still be 1:30, theres no reason to make untraited vendetta 1:36, thats a stupid CD for anything.
    It's 10/10/10/8/6/4, so the base Vendetta is still 1:30. It's honestly a reasonable nerf IMO, MA relics were (and probably still are) kind of busted. Flat reduction gets stronger and stronger with more points, so making each relic worth less makes sense.

The issue is doing this at the last minute. Because of Blizzard's terrible communication around 7.1.5, no one even knows if this something they're testing on PTR for the future, or if this is something that's going live today. If it is going live, doing something like this with no warning is absolutely fucking ridiculous. With a raid releasing in 1 week, people can't just magically conjure 3 relics out of thin air.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

So I should continue using 3 rupture damage increase relics? I was just about to get a third vendetta reduction relic, but was waiting until then before replacing my 3 rupture damage increase.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    So I should continue using 3 rupture damage increase relics? I was just about to get a third vendetta reduction relic, but was waiting until then before replacing my 3 rupture damage increase.
    No one really knows yet. No one even knows if this change is going live in a few hours, or if it's something they snuck into the PTR at the last second to test for the future. In the past, we might have said "check the patch notes", but the clusterfuck yesterday showed that those are basically completely unreliable. So, hang on to your relics for a bit.

7+ Year Old Account
    the Nerf is well diserved IMO, AP low vendetta cd build was getting stronger and stronger and cuting other build like exsang one or rupture dmg ones. MA relics were way to valuable, yes this is partly because rupture scales from AtkP and not from weapon dmg but still a relic trait that worth 60ilvl is a broken relic trait.

p.s i agree that the timing is shit and that if you've been pushing hard to get 3x vendetta relics it a slap in the face ( I had 2 out of 3 Ilvl 880+ in my bank) but i'm happy i'll still be able to play exsang with rupture dmg relics and stay somewhat competitive.

I don't think many people will disagree that this needed to happen; however, some warning and compensation would have been nice. I've been saving high iLVL relics just in case. Still, this is standard operating procedure at this point for any class not called mage.

The real problem here is that equipping new relics kills the old one, instead of just unequipping it. Its a retarded system, having relics that demolish the old ones in the slot...
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-01-10 at 03:41 PM.

Servers are up. The change is live.

Deleted
    So which neck enchant are you guys going for as Mark of the Claw and Trained Soldier are buffed?

So why did we need a 5% nerf to our base crit ? That's the thing that still confuses me.