Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Increase ilvl requirement for LFR to 665?

It seems like allowing people in LFR at ilvl 650 isnt cutting it. Should the developers increase the ilvl requirement to 665 to reduce the amount of wipes and keep players from cheesing the system so much to "cheat" their way into LFR?

What are your thoughts on the subject?

Ive found that wipes (almost only on Archimonde) are pretty much always due to mechanics being ignored with the mentality "ah someone else can do it"
    While wiping 10x for determination buffs is a pain, I don't feel like the ilvl would fix the lack of following mechanics

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

10+ Year Old Account
    How so? It's the reason why Determination buff exists! (Also did you know it caps out at 10 stacks?)
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Deleted
    Ignorance of gamemechanics is not contained by mere item levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It seems like allowing people in LFR at ilvl 650 isnt cutting it. Should the developers increase the ilvl requirement to 665 to reduce the amount of wipes and keep players from cheesing the system so much to "cheat" their way into LFR?

What are your thoughts on the subject?
    Since running around tanaan jungle gets one 695 gear what does uping the requirement for lfr to 665 do?
    Also have world boss drops, crafted gear and time walking gear all higher than 665.
    The item level to enter lfr isn't he problem.
    Blizz not policing or having any way to make the players accountable for how or what they do in lfr is the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    How so? It's the reason why Determination buff exists! (Also did you know it caps out at 10 stacks?)
    I'm lobbying to have determination removed from LFR if LFR is going to stay in the next expansion. LFR shouldn't be a place where people automatically win just by wiping enough times, and increasing the ilvl requirement would help to that end.

Quote Originally Posted by pts99 View Post
    Ignorance of gamemechanics is not contained by mere item levels.
    This, LFR is not ment to require Heroic gear from the previous raid, at most normal which is why it's set to 650.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd like to see all LFR gear increased to 685-690 with the introduction of 6.2.3

maybe even higher now that mythic dungeons give high ilvl gear.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    This, LFR is not ment to require Heroic gear from the previous raid, at most normal which is why it's set to 650.
    Only 650 is lower than the LFR ilvl in BRF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i'd like to see all LFR gear increased to 685-690 with the introduction of 6.2.3

Why? There is no reason to keep incentivising people who only run LFR. If they want better gear, they need to do real raiding and get into normal or higher.

I'm lobbying to have determination removed from LFR if LFR is going to stay in the next expansion. LFR shouldn't be a place where people automatically win just by wiping enough times, and increasing the ilvl requirement would help to that end.
    Lobby all you want, the whole point of lfr is to "win".

Deleted
    Overall item level and raid dps has little to do with whether a raid wipes in LFR. For all I know then the WoD bosses in LFR has enrage timers, yet I don't recall ever hitting one. As already mentioned, then it is the players standing in fire, which kills the raid.

By extension, the raid wipes if the combined healing power of the raid is too low, usually due to players not actually healing despite signing up for the job. By now I have more than a few times been zoned into a raid stuck at a boss, complete with a single stack of Determination or two. The story is frequently that the raid wiped horribly due to low, low healing (or - at your discretion - high raid damage) as the healers pulled abysmally low numbers. Half the raid leaves in disgust/are kicked, a few new healers zone in and the boss is one shot without any difficulty.

Tl;dr: If *all* the healers can pull half decent numbers, say 30k+ HPS on average, then almost anything can be healed through in LFR. Which isn't a good thing from an educational perspective. If the numbers are much below this, then you will wipe repeatedly no matter what, as half the raid doesn't even know/care about not standing in the fire.

Conclusion: To have consistent fun in LFR roll a healer, bring your gear and your A game, race the other experienced healers on the meter, carry the raid and profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuneree View Post
    Ive found that wipes (almost only on Archimonde) are pretty much always due to mechanics being ignored with the mentality "ah someone else can do it"
    While wiping 10x for determination buffs is a pain, I don't feel like the ilvl would fix the lack of following mechanics
    And the big dinosaur thing. Those are really the only 2. Can drop ilevel req to like 600 and be aight.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Why? There is no reason to keep incentivising people who only run LFR. If they want better gear, they need to do real raiding and get into normal or higher.
    Why not? if you want better gear then join a guild and raid higher difficulties. Dont see how it wouldnt work upping lfr a bit.
    I mean its all about the epeen yes so as long as your ilvl is higher why would you give a fuck?

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are you in LFR? I thought you were skilled far beyond what LFR offers?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Why are you in LFR? I thought you were skilled far beyond what LFR offers?
    I am. Well beyond it, but i see no good reason why we SHOULDN'T up the ilvl requirement, and remove determination. Do you have any real argument about keeping the ilvl req 650? If everyone in the runs are at least 665, wouldn't that improve the chances of killing the bosses on the first time, thus improving the experience of LFR for those who run it?

Deleted
    I am. Well beyond it, but i see no good reason why we SHOULDN'T up the ilvl requirement, and remove determination. Do you have any real argument about keeping the ilvl req 650? If everyone in the runs are at least 665, wouldn't that improve the chances of killing the bosses on the first time, thus improving the experience of LFR for those who run it?
    I tried answering this in my previous post.

If the healers doesn't actually *do* anything, meaning pushing buttons/hotkeys, then no iLevel requirement will help. If they do, then having 650+ is plenty. Bosses in LFR hits like wet noodles, so generally tanks doesn't need good gear either. Having 15k+ average raid dps will also get the job done. Eventually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another kill LFR thread when you don't even participate in the content. Seriously, get a job.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

People wiping in LFR... fucking seriously ?

A braindead chimp, blind-folded with arms behind its back could clear through LFR easily... that is just fecking pathetic!

[Yes, I abhor LFR... and people wiping in it just speaks volumes of how god awful and lazy they are]

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

If anything in LFR is going to get an item level increase it should be Archimonde, he is in his own wing, is harder than the previous wing, yet drops the same item level gear as the previous wing.

LFR achimonde should drop 690 gear, or 695 maybe. The rest of LFR doesn't really need changing.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.