Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Well duh, its not like they are inherently dumber than other people just because they happen to be a different race. It just so happens to be fucking hard to be very successful in some parts of the world than others.

nothing to see here folks

just a troll op trying to race bait with a fake article

If only he wasn't black he would have solved it.

Am i doing it right?

He better have done this inside a very sciencey looking lab and on a big goofy chalk board, otherwise I just can't take this story seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    Op, u realize a genius is an exception to the rule/norm? And race has nothing to do with him? The facts still are, most afro-americans are or have been in jail for doing crime, other minorities like 'asians' do better on average, do can ur liberal excuses cuz they are old.
    so what does race have to do with anything? Crime statistics? So if a society has a pre-bias to a skin colour and tends to give one skin colour group the benefit of the doubt, and the other they tend to lock up and assume the worse immediately - does that mean that you stereotype all people of that skin colour? Or do you factor in how prejudcies and pre-dispositions have influenced the people groups in a society and generated a lot of false assumptions.

Do people even recognize that skin colour is not culture? I'm reminded of those americans that talk about Africa as a country - "oh what country is he from?" , "urm I don't know, I think its Africa" - are the same sort of people that will view the cultural group in their society and then apply to everyone in the world of that skin colour, or potentially be shocked when they finally come across someone who doesn't fit that mould.. usually because that person has landed smack bang in their world, cos it's not as if they've gone out looking to explore or discover with "open" minds.. nah, they've written up x people group or y people group as one - sorted it, got the jist, nailed them, they are all like that.

And I see a lot of that in these forums based on the responses people make about muslims and arabs, and again those that people make about jews, and ofc Christians who they immediately ban if they so much as mention Jesus Christ in relation to a topic or explanation (yeah, I've seen it, Jesus gets the ban unless he's used as a swear word). Gays don't get the same treatment on this forum, but they get similar on other forums, especially non-western forums because in the west, gays would kick up a fuss storm that will stink to high heaven in most forums.

But the lesson is your prejudices are showing. Look at a statement like "most afro-americans are or have been in jail for doing crime" - not only is that statement prejudiced, but to then assume that all black people are like the generalized statement of afro-americans you've just made is very short sighted and very prejudiced. So in your society, black people commit crimes.. is that right? or is it that the greater majority of locked up offenders are black or even people with records are black - and so you've made a prejudiced leap and assumed ALL the black people in your society have been to jail/committed a crime - it's prejudiced ofc, you wouldn't think the same of the race you belong to (whether its white people or chinese people), you would spot the difference, you show prejudice by ignoring to think fully on this which show s you either have no regard or you hate, either way it's biased. Your world is so divided in terms of outward appearance or skin colour, that you stop paying attention, lose interest, stop considering as human or like yourself anyone that doesn't fit what your culture identifies you as. Classification has become everything, you know in England class use to be the thing .. when the settlers sailed to america they just exchanged race for class .. but while in England they woke up to all men created equally and broke down the division between class, it seems that wherever you are from, the opposite happened, at least in your sub culture and those divide was worsened but on skin colour instead.

And if this is the case in your society - is it because it's fair? Do you honestly believe that because people have a different skin colour they are somehow worse than people who look like you? Because of their skin colour they are criminals or thugs or rapists or perverts? Just like those women who think that because you're male and you smile at a kid you must be a pervert or child molester. Do you know enough about people to really determine whether that is true or whether it's just your society or you? - or do you not think in the case of afro americans in your society slavery has had an effect on a people group regardless of their culture, and so does the past? as i mentioned before if 50-60 years ago, your society was locking up people just because they were blac, planting evidence on them because they could and no one would hold them accountable for it, would accuse the first black person of anything that was missing or gone wrong and would judge them based on hear say, would deny them jobs or education or equal footing just because of their skin colour do you not think that consequently they'd be one generation behind? Having less education, less opportunity, less wealth - i mean if one gained wealth they'd accuse him of having stolen it rather than earned it, they would treat him as hostile, close does to him, work against him, and eventually pull him down.. do you not thing this all has a knock on effect? It means his children are more deprived, more depressed, more desperate, it means ti's unfair for him ..do you not think this generates anger at perpartrors which in turn would lead to acts of violence or hatred? and the worse your people group respond in kind, the worse the situation gets..

That's the macro effect. What about other factors, have you had a look at what people in poverty behave like regardless of their skin colour - is it not that if you take ANY group of people, ostracize them, criminalize them, deprive them, oppress them they would get desperate enough to steal, get angry enough to cause havoc and generally rebel ? or is this just a black skinned thing - because you're prejudiced concerning skin colour?

Or do you think they're just that way because they're somewhat lesser or less of human beings because of their skin colour..

Now you see how wars happen, bombings, anger, hatred, an unending cycle of one group against the other.. as long as you keep seeing more of your differences than your similarities, as long as you jump on a high horse and start jumping to sweeping conclusions based on your limited and very biased experience - so too more conflict and hatred would ensue, and you'd continue to be dull and simple no matter how many degrees after your name you have. Worse you would be a chief contributor to the problems in the world as much as any gunman.

We have to live and work together, and harmony is not going to be achieved when we foster such biased view based on bad and false assumptions and interpretations.

And if this is not what you meant at all, you should watch what you say and say it more carefully because this is how it has come across.

Any jew, black, gay, arab, muslim, christian, trans, foreigner will be welcome in my home. I make no exceptions, if you can tolerate me and don't have a problem with white people you'd love it at my place. If you turn out to be an evil fool, I don't care whether you're upteenth minority or you are as white and pasty as I would be if had never seen the sun in my generations, you will get the boot and you and I will have a serious problem
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2015-11-17 at 03:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    Googled the hypothesis. Understand absolutely nothing of it!

Also what is up with saying "people of color" how is it any different from "colored people" and why are we lumping everyone into white and "not white" all of a sudden. Cant we just call him black, African or Nigerian or whatever?
    If you draw a vertical line at 1/2 (representing 1/2+x i) on the complex plane, the hypothesis says that all non-trivial (i.e. not on the real line) zeros are on that line for the riemann zeta function, defined most simply as the sum of the reciprocal of the natural numbers taken to the x'th power, so for example if x is 3, it's 1/1^3+1/2^3+1/3^3+1//4^3+...

This guy might be able to explain it better than me:
    Last edited by Ycarene; 2015-11-17 at 03:52 PM.

lol Ahhh yes, the old racial stereotype that "people of color" suck at math.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn Shinra1, this thread blew up in your face.

You need to try harder man. Racism is hard to do right, you're getting there, but you still need some work on your delivery. One day, you will be grand dragon. Don't let anyone tell you anything to the contrary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just another thread of Shinra1 making an ass of himself, nothing new here.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    You should be amazed that something as complex as that problem was solved. The man is a genius.
    You on the other hand appear to be de-evolving with such a racist statement.
    Oh don't give me this shit. I was calling out the OP's obvious attempt at making this a racial thing.

Doesn't any proof of the Riemann hypothesis have to come with a way to generate large prime numbers easily? Been a while since I've read up about it but I remember something like that being the case. If so, wouldn't that possibly mean the end to RSA encryption? I'm sceptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotlander View Post
    Doesn't any proof of the Riemann hypothesis have to come with a way to generate large prime numbers easily? Been a while since I've read up about it but I remember something like that being the case. If so, wouldn't that possibly mean the end to RSA encryption? I'm sceptical.
    It's already easy to generate large prime numbers. It's been known for decades that you can test a number for primality in random polynomal (in the number of digits) time. It was also known that if the Generalized Riemann Hypothesis is true, one could test in deterministic polynomial time. Eventually, another deterministic polynomial time algorithm for primality testing was found that wasn't dependent on the GRH. But practically, the random algorithm is used.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primality_test
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2015-11-17 at 05:19 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Scotlander View Post
    It is more that if Riemann's is DISproven, then we have a problem with encryption algorithms.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    It is more that if Riemann's is DISproven, then we have a problem with encryption algorithms.
    On the contrary! If Riemann's hyptohesis turns out to be incorrect (highly unlikely) it'll be a major setback to our understanding of prime numbers. Current asymmetric crypto schemes are based on our lack of knowledge on how to factor composite numbers (there's another version with elliptic curves and discrete logs but it's also related). Understanding primes is a preliminary to understanding why factoring is seemingly so difficult. So if our understanding of primes is largely wrong (that's what the disproof will signify) then we're not even close to understand composites, and hence asymmetric crypto is pretty much safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this.

This never should have remained open, much less made it to 5 pages. The article was not about race and race-baiting the forum is not allowed.