Poll: ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Do you believe in marriage?

All genders sat aside. Marriage in general. Do you think marriage is a fundamental necessity to a life-long relationship? Do you think you should be married before you have kids? etc. All questions of marriage boiled down to one single question; Do you believe in tieing the knot is the main source of happiness in a relationship?

What do I believe in marriage?

Marriage is the apex of love. it is where two people of a gender or both, who are in love to come together to officially make their love official, tieing the knot-- Bringing two families together into one and maybe preparing to expand themselves[Kids] into the next set of the generations to come. Marriage is an unforgettable event and many seek to reach the big step one day.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2015-11-14 at 09:01 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It works fine for me.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Nope.

10char

You're asking two difference questions, really.

Someone can believe in the concept of marriage and fidelity.

They can also believe that marriage isn't what makes a couple happy either.

Yes I do and I hope to be married one day. It's just taking a really, really big step.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

It seems today that the til death do us part of the weddings only means til about 5 years or until people get tired of fighting.

I didn't believe in it for a long time, much to the dismay of a now ex who had our married life all planned out. My view has changed, I'm no longer against it, and see it as mainly a way to formalize a bond, mainly in the eyes of the law. People should be financially stable and relationship stable before kids, to me that's more important than the marriage aspect. Getting married can be one sign of happiness, but I don't see it necessarily as a source of happiness in a relationship. Enjoying life together, and enjoying being together should be where the happiness comes from, marriage can be a by-product of that.

I believe marriage is a bond/ commitment made to each other in front of friends and family. It goes beyond just dating and living together... it is a stage of the relationship where everything is laid bare. Each person is exposed and you take it all in. You have no secrets... you have absolute faith in someone else. If you can not give yourself over to that kind of commitment then you are not ready for marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I believe in marriage generally, yes. I haven't witnessed one myself, but my dad seldom lies and he swears he attended one once. He's not known to be a liar so IMO that's a credible enough source. I may not have any proof, but I am utterly convinced marriage does indeed exist.
    I'm so glad you made this joke in a far better way than I could ever imagine.

Thank you, truly. You have accomplished a great deed today.

But to be serious for OP, I do want to get married, I do enjoy the idea of it, I don't think you need it though to have a serious life time relationship.

Why would I willingly loose half my stuff :/?

Don't need it, don't want it. It's just a man made social construct made to control the commoners.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    It seems today that the til death do us part of the weddings only means til about 5 years or until people get tired of fighting.
    Disposable culture.

Why work on a relationship or on your flaws when you can jump on Tinder and repeat the same mistakes all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Disposable culture.

Why work on a relationship or on your flaws when you can jump on Tinder and repeat the same mistakes all over again.
    Maybe you haven't foundthe right person yet out of these 7.6 billion people
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I don't need to believe, it is demonstrably real :P

Oh, you meant its value.

Subjective.

I believe it's an easy way to acquire permanent residency in another country.

Deleted
    I doubt marriage is going to keep you together if youa re drifting apart and you don't need a piece of paper as a proof for your love. So for better or worse marriage isn't worth a thing unless you are planning on taking half of your spouses stuff.

I don't think it is a necessity to a life-long relationship. I do enjoy being married though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Main source of happiness? Absolutely not. I think it's a great thing for the people able to make it work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I believe in marriage generally, yes. I haven't witnessed one myself, but my dad seldom lies and he swears he attended one once. He's not known to be a liar so IMO that's a credible enough source. I may not have any proof, but I am utterly convinced marriage does indeed exist.
    If marriage were real, it would leave tangible evidence. Most "leavings" that are attributed to marriages can very easily have been attributed to a birthday party. Cake, presents, and large numbers of people, it's probably just celebrating somebody getting older. I'm not saying it can't exist, but until I see one with my own eyes, I don't think there is enough evidence to take the claim seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only thing that really matters is the support parents (preferably more than one) can give to their kids in a stable household, and you don't need to be married for that. Well, you do get the tax benefits.

If the notion of being officially married helps you being together to raise the kids you might make, then go for it. People don't really believe in marriage these days, as can be seen from how many divorces there are.

Personally, I'm not all that into church weddings. I don't think I even can be wed there at the moment, as I'm not part of any religion (Maybe if my SO is and I'm not? No idea). Marriage outside churches is just fine for me and hopefully for my SO as well, should I want to get married, and I think I want to. Nothing too festive, just closest friends and family members.
    Last edited by Santti; 2015-11-14 at 09:33 PM.