Deleted

Mark of the legion, Archimonde Mythic.

Hello Everyone.
    Semi hardcore guild starting progress on Archimonde mythic this week.
    Got a question regarding Mark of the legion phase 3.
    Mark of the legion will target 4 players ( 2 melee 2 ranged, or just random ? )
    Are tanks part of the soaking ?
    In BigWigs and DBM it will mark the 4 players all tho you need to assign specific group to soak it.
    Since the marks are random, how do you handle the assignments so u dont have 6 people soaking one, and 4 people in another one. i can imagine you need a specific amount to soak it course of the damage you share from it.

I might misunderstand something, reason i ask.

Thanks alot

only people that are excluded of being marked are tanks, there is no set thing as melee/ranged like on mannoroth. Its completly random.

There are multiple ways to approach this. Whatever start you pick you'll have 1raidgroup assigned for each worldmarker and in addition you might want to use a Weakaura, depending on how you want your strat to go.
    1) For example the Method-Weakaura will prefer sending Melee player who get a mark to stay in a world marker that is in melee range.
    2) There are other Weakauras out there, that automatically re-arrange your groups, so you'll always have 5players for each mark instead of lets say 6-4-4-6 (4people on one spot will always survive if >80% and with the gearupgrade coming you'll even survive it with 3people without having any shield if at 100% hp)
    3) And the 3rd type of weakaura would be to assign the marks depending on their duration, this will ensure that the Mark with the shortest duration will always go to the same spot and make it more predictible.

I've progressed this Boss with 2guilds from 2 different perspectives and I think that the last option is the easiest to learn, while not being the most efficient.
    But for guilds progressing on Archimonde now there is no real dps requirement for p3, so I don't see it being necessary to have one or two melee fucking up the order of the marks by sending them to a Melee camp.

The 2nd option brings the problem, that more people have to react fast instead of only 4 and might cause you more wipes or people falling off the platform because of that.

I THINK dbm/bigwigs marks player by the debuff's duration by default, but I can't say for sure since we disabled that option and used a Weakaura instead.

Yes tanks help soak. While bw/dbm do mark players, they just mark them randomly. You want a WA that will mark people in a consistant way. My personal favorite was the WA HIJ used and was created by pawketz (or midwinter, I forget which) which assigned markers based on the duration left on your debuff. The reason why this is good is because it puts the fastest mark to the back left. This is important because at some point in the fight he puts marks out during a dance, and if you have to go to the back or back left for dance, and your mark is the fastest one, and your group is lets say front right, you're screwed. You will either run away from the raid and die, or try to make it there and only end up killing people instead.

http://pastebin.com/ZNCx7jhi

This is the WA you will need, only have 1 person using it and if they have assist they will mark people based on timer duration.

As for your actual question, you just set up 4 groups of 5, and what happens happens. if you have a group of 3 having to soak 1 mark, maybe hit personals or put a barrier or some such on them. It happens but it's rareish.

We just call if a certain group gets a lot of Marks and everyone remaining in that group uses personals and gets shielded by our Disc. You don't need to worry about some complicated strat that ensures every group is evenly split. You're usually fine with as few as 2 soakers plus the Mark target.

Deleted
    Thanks alot for your answers, really helped alot. Regarding bloodlust usage, where would you suggest to use it ? Ive seen a few guilds killing him recently , using bloodlust phase 2. Would you recommend this ?

My guild typically lusts on the first Shard in P3.

Hello it's same to how it happens to be 10 seconds ahead of the timer marks the legion? Is a WA, Big Wigs or DBM?
    Video : Impact vs. Archimonde Mythic World 11th | Mage pov || Lymes 8:35 or 10:14 . Sorry i can't post url

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScoFitch View Post
    Hello it's same to how it happens to be 10 seconds ahead of the timer marks the legion? Is a WA, Big Wigs or DBM?
    Video : Impact vs. Archimonde Mythic World 11th | Mage pov || Lymes 8:35 or 10:14 . Sorry i can't post url

Thanks
    well, bossmods probably just weren't up to date since it was the 11th kill.

regarding bloodlust:
    It may completly change with the itemlvl upgrades, once you guys have your +10itemlvl the common progress strat will probably be to push phase 1 so fast that you only get 2doomfires, since that will make p2 a LOT easier.
    My prediction is that you either use 4healers and bloodlust at pull or you use 3healers and try to make phase1 fast enough without bloodlust to have it later on.
    You'll really have to figure it out in the coming weeks.

At the very beginning guilds were using bloodlust in p1 and p3 but after everyone had their rings and more gear in general most guilds only used it in p3 to maximize boss dps there. There are just a few exceptions where the guild decided to use it in p2, but that was basically only at the time where you hadn't enough gear to skip the wombo combo in phase2.

We Lust after the first set of Marks in p3 because that's the longest stretch where there are no other mechanics to worry about.

When the patch comes, we're probably going to do the p1 Lust strat. We could do it now, but we just didn't want to bother learning the new Doomfire/Shadowfel Burst timing. The extra 10 ilvls basically force us to push 80% too fast (we just hold DPS for a few seconds now), so Lusting there and only getting 2 Doomfires makes the most sense.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2015-11-16 at 05:20 AM.

Deleted
    Started our progress on it last night. Really good progress, got him into phase 2 many tries. What phase of the boss is the hardest ? Could we consider using bloodlust in phase 2, or would it be needed in last phase whit the current gear and upgrade wednesday ? I will link our logs from yestodays progress below. Today we will bring a better dps than the dk we had yestoday.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/4637

- - - Updated - - -

We didnt get much progress in phase 2, but overall i dont think the placement of the doomfire was a issue at all.. The reason some people wanna use bloodlust phase 1, is to get only like 2 doomfires for phase 2 right ? Wouldnt it be better then just to bloodlust phase 2 instead of 1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    While bw/dbm do mark players, they just mark them randomly.
    I know BigWigs doesn't mark randomly. It will mark based on the duration, so the order it always gives is star, circle, diamond, triangle (shortest mark to longest). We put the star/circle in ranged and diamond/triangle in melee and we put 2 healers in the shortest/star mark so they can top everyone off faster. So that is 5 players preassigned to each mark, with ranged classes in the range marks and melee classes in the melee marks. Strat is pretty consistent and the only trouble you have with this is sometimes you get melee who get the ranged marks and try to run back into their melee spots, only to get blown up by a second mark explosion.
    Last edited by Sigmatic; 2015-11-16 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyfatter View Post
    Started our progress on it last night. Really good progress, got him into phase 2 many tries. What phase of the boss is the hardest ? Could we consider using bloodlust in phase 2, or would it be needed in last phase whit the current gear and upgrade wednesday ? I will link our logs from yestodays progress below. Today we will bring a better dps than the dk we had yestoday.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/4637

- - - Updated - - -

We didnt get much progress in phase 2, but overall i dont think the placement of the doomfire was a issue at all.. The reason some people wanna use bloodlust phase 1, is to get only like 2 doomfires for phase 2 right ? Wouldnt it be better then just to bloodlust phase 2 instead of 1 ?
    lusting in phase 2 will probably just result in a bad push timing when the deathcaller just spawned which will kill your tank >90% of the time if you transition with a deathcaller that has over 50% hp. If you lust in p2 you don't have to soak the last allure. But if you lust in p1 soaking doomfires isn't an issue anyway, you just have the disc take the first 10stacks and on of the tanks takes the 2nd pile. Basically nobody can die by soaking damage with this strat.