Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Field Marshal I Cannot Fap To That's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is making me think that black lives don't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    They were arrested for going too far, that should be enough. I thoroughly disagree with what they're doing, but interfering with the right to protest feels worrying.
    Bro. The right is for PEACEFUL assembly. What about standing in the highway causing traffic risking lives sounds peaceful to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You do realize that these people are being killed at an alarming rate by the police. Why are you so concerned with drawing lines instead of stopping the brutal aggression blacks are facing?
    I hope Laurcus was not hurt, because this deflection certainly was a critical hit.

Lol many brave men and women have been arrested to make the world a better place. What have you done besides level 20 toons to 100?
    You sure bro? I don't wanna interrupt you from levelling that gone mage to 67 or reading chapter 7 of "boy skirt."
    This is just ridiculous. Like pants-on-head level.

Blocking off highways is a form of protest. Happens all the time. Not sure why you're upset now. Is it because they're black?
    Considering how he was against blocking highways throughout the thread, projecting much?

Get on the same page please.
    Why on Earth would anyone want to do that?

So you had a stable family and you don't care for others that don't? Is that how your mom raised you? That's very selfish of you.
    Sure, one parent household just screams stability

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    So, I thought about it, and the thing I can't stand about people like Daelak and Tennisace is that they assert this bullshit us vs them dichotomy, as if people are a collection of stereotypes and are incapable of holding nuanced opinions. It's either you're an activist or you're the fucking KKK. If you don't wholly and completely support the movement then you're exactly the same as racists/sexists from the 50s.

And when you engage with them, honestly answering everything they ask you, they ignore or dodge your questions.
    That's why the rational choices are either to ignore them completely or grab some popcorn and laugh at them while they are drowning in the illogical, dishonest vitriol they spew.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    That's special pleading. You have an invariably high threshold the social movement has to meet before you truly "support" it.
    That would be special pleading if he treated this movement differently from other movements or just the general population. So either you have something to back this up, or you're just shitposting with words you don't understand (like slander earlier in the thread). Hell, you said his threshold of support is invariably high. I.e. the same for whatever you were comparing it to. By your own goddamn accord there is no special pleading in his stance. I'm leaning towards the answer being shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    That it was said about otherthings too doesn't make the evaluation any less factual or fitting.

You can't compare BLM to the historic predecessor which had actual some racial issues to combat instead of being racist.
    MTV making white people cry for being white and such great things come from this toxic mindset.
    Yes, yes it does, because they are both founded upon invalid and racist assumption designed to denigrate and marginalize. You cannot accept it because you don't think they even have a right to do it in the first place because of your prejudices.

You can directly compare the movements because of the social response and national debate it is creating TODAY, like it did 50-60-90 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Racism will exist until the heat death of the universe, we naturally prefer people who are similar to us it's just the way we work. However if you're saying there's a big epidemic of people running around screaming "Lynch that nigger!" or telling Ms. Parks to get her black ass to the back of the bus then you are mistaken. What's in debate is not if racism exists, it's the extent it actually exists and I don't think you'll find many people outside of the far left and far right spectrum that think we need to separate the races again.

15+ Year Old Account
    You saying it again doesn't make it more true. Off the top of my head, Gamergate has never killed or physically assaulted anyone as far as I know. That's a social movement. When you make highly generalized absolute statements like that, it only takes a single example to prove you wrong.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamergate_controversy

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Harassment against Quinn and others was coordinated through these discussion forums, including doxing, threats of rape, and death threats.

Well then no social movement in the history of mankind would fit your threshold. Good luck.
    Also, there is a monumental difference between supporting a movement and supporting every single thing it does. Laurcus already said multiple times he supports what the BLM is about and he just doesn't support blocking highways for multiple reasons. So what, unless people support BLM unconditionally like some mindless drones, they are raging racists that belong in KKK?
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    That would be special pleading if he treated this movement differently from other movements or just the general population. So either you have something to back this up, or you're just shitposting with words you don't understand (like slander earlier in the thread). Hell, you said his threshold of support is invariably high. I.e. the same for whatever you were comparing it to. By your own goddamn accord there is no special pleading in his stance. I'm leaning towards the answer being shitposting.
    He is treating it differently because he irrationally believes that this social movement is somehow different in scope than the ones in the 20th century.

Citing wikipedia. top kek.

Deleted
    Yes, yes it does, because they are both founded upon invalid and racist assumption designed to denigrate and marginalize. You cannot accept it because you don't think they even have a right to do it in the first place because of your prejudices.

You can directly compare the movements because of the social response and national debate it is creating TODAY, like it did 50-60-90 years ago.
    The superstition of BLM is that malevolent intent and unfounded racial prejudice is causing more black people to die by racist white cops.

There was never evidence produced or taken into account that black people disproportional pose a lethal danger for cops and themself so a higher level of
    alert is the the prudent decision around black young male inner city youth.
    Them being black is less an alarm signal then them being male and young but together they build a volatile cocktail and are one of the most dangerous demographics a cop could meet during a routine check.

How can BLM justify to demand that cops regardless of their skin colour treat an old asian lady the same as aformentioned group?
    Their missguided and dellusional conspiracy theorys lead to them promoting unrealistic and not constructive solutions like racial sensitivity training.

What they too neglect that while black people are disproportionally hurt that white people suffer due to
    simple numbers on a similar total level and as such would be in dire need of transparency and accountabillity in the police force too but by making a non racial issue racial they gamble away all the possible support they could get from
    another significant portion of the population.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2015-11-17 at 05:34 PM.

First off, the wikipedia article is biased against Gamergate, and none of that was in any way verified to exist.

Second. I said killing, or physical violence. Is Zoe Quinn dead? No. Did someone break her arm or actually rape her? No. That's all I'm being critical of. Don't kill people. Don't walk up to people and beat the shit out of them. This isn't that hard.

If someone had even just tried to kill her, but failed, I'd count that. Assuming there was some kind of verification that Gamergate was actually involved. But that didn't happen either so...
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2015-11-17 at 05:34 PM.

Keep labeling, it shows the historical irrationality of segregationists, racists, and anti-suffragists. Congratulations, you are now a part of that 'colorful' history of the US.
    And the fuck is this if not labeling? Or is it OK when you do it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerr View Post
    It's nowhere near the same thing. You can't just plug your ears and keep saying "I'm right, you're racist." to everyone. Just because a group rallies behind injustices doesn't make them a force of good, and they're actively hurting our cause and taking stealing the spotlight from a potentially better and more influential group.
    Or are you trying to say I'm the same as the anti-civil rights folks of yesteryear? I spend a considerable amount of free time with the black youths in my community, and I can't tell you how sad it makes me when they express sentiments they get from BLM. It is such a misguided movement, and I can't stomach the fact that it's the flagship movement for black rights right now.
    If that were true BLM would not exist because it wouldn't have support from the public at large. The attacks and critiques of BLM on this thread are IDENTICAL to the "critiques" of the suffrage, disability, and civil rights movements. Read US history for christ. "Oh it's inconveniencing us, they must be more civil and more accepting to our needs as the oblivious public." This is civil unrest and social movements 101. There is no handbook, there is no "civil" way, this is how human societies operate.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    That is nothing racial sensitivity training can solve the reason black people die more by cops is because black people kill more cops and people in general.

If you try to frame it as the first you are a disgrace and counterproductive.
    Pagedale's city code allows residents to be ticketed for having mismatched curtains, walking on the left-hand side of a crosswalk, wearing pants below the waist, holes in window screens, and having a barbecue in front of a house. The city has even ticketed residents for things that aren't illegal, such as having a small crack in a front walk, chipping paint on a building foundation, or an unpainted wood fence, according to the complaint.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0603773482da0

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...a927294d7.html

Predominantly black city. Ridiculous fines. Can't pay fines? You get arrested. Now you're a felon. Felons get targeted, arrested, ticketed, and shot.

Surely you can see there's a problem in the US that legitimately affects black people. Maybe the methods are unsavory, but comparing modern day feminism to real problems doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Deleted
    Second. I said killing, or physical violence. Is Zoe Quinn dead? No. Did someone break her arm or actually rape her? No. That's all I'm being critical of. Don't kill people. Don't walk up to people and beat the shit out of them. This isn't that hard.
    The best response to those hysterical SJW faction of the Gamergate.

twice as many americans die from aspirin each year than police shootings. and even the most stubborn protester has to admit some police shootings are justified.

i support the idea of stopping unjustified shootings, but some actions by BLM are way out of line. they should use their energy differently.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And the fuck is this if not labeling? Or is it OK when you do it?
    Because it's true. They were propogated by racists, segregationists, and anti-suffragists by using fear tactics and irrational arguments.

All of them have. From revolutions, rebellions, hunger strikes, labor fights, civil rights, suffrage movements. The human condition and progression for equality for all humans is a long messy road.
    So to you "prove" means "repeat what you said before"? Fall of communism in Poland and Estonia was achieved peacefully. Whoopty doo, your "proof" is invalid.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2015-11-17 at 05:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0603773482da0

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...a927294d7.html

Predominantly black city. Ridiculous fines. Can't pay fines? You get arrested. Now you're a felon. Felons get targeted, arrested, ticketed, and shot.

Surely you can see there's a problem in the US that legitimately affects black people. Maybe the methods are unsavory, but comparing modern day feminism to real problems doesn't seem to make much sense to me.
    Yes it is only the evil justice system and not that black people in general are vastly vastly overrepresented in violent crime.

If you would diverge from the agenda and narrative you could actually change things because
    you would be able to see the real problems. The racist white cop causing the issue is asinine as a general assumption and a conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    They were arrested for going too far, that should be enough. I thoroughly disagree with what they're doing, but interfering with the right to protest feels worrying.
    You realize there are limits to our rights. All of them, including our right to protest. They are called laws. They were breaking the law. If there weren't these limits, you could kill someone and call it your right to free expression.