Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sephaphath View Post
    Since there is no real threat those leaders are yes cowards looking for political gain by praying on the fear of the people it is quite disgusting how they turn away refugees
    No Real Threat?
    the FBI director admitted in a congressional hearing that those refuges cant be thoroughly vetted because there is none or they don't have access to records and history to vet them against
    ok then if I give you a bowl of 200 pieces of candy. then claim there is a possibility that 1 or 2 pieces of candy is laced with poison would you roll the dice and eat any of that candy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    No Real Threat?
    the FBI director admitted in a congressional hearing that those refuges cant be thoroughly vetted because there is none or they don't have access to records and history to vet them against
    ok then if I give you a bowl of 200 pieces of candy. then claim there is a possibility that 1 or 2 pieces of candy is laced with poison would you roll the dice and eat any of that candy?
    These are people, not m&ms.

We've admitted 750,000 refugees since 9/11. None of them have been arrested for terrorism.

You're not talking about m&ms. You're talking about women, children, and old people who have gone through a 3 year process where, if at any point, they can't prove they're not terrorists, or if at any point their stories can't be corroborated, the whole family gets rejected.

Children are not M&Ms. Why are you afraid of children?
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    No Real Threat?
    Using your logic should we keep all white males out of movie theaters? I mean there's a incredibly small chance that one of them might go on a rampage.

The FBI Director said -- Well good for him. In the 785,000 refugees this country has taken in since 9/11 only a dozen have ever been arrested for domestic terrorism charges...none of those have been Syrian.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...orism-charges/
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Deleted
    No Real Threat?
    misrepresentation of what he said again and again is not any more compelling then the first time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post

Is anyone surprised that most red states are run by cowards?
    Considering Obama, the one wanting to pull this stupidity, is too much of a coward to stamp out Isis' main holdings with a ground surge I PROBABLY wouldn't go throwing that word around if I was a lefty. Just saying, you look like a hypocritical moron. Hell if he'd had the BALLS to admit he was wrong about them earlier he could have stamped this whole thing out before there WAS a real Isis.

the majority of Americans are fucking dumb Vyxn, shouldn't' be that big of a surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirfailalot View Post
    Considering Obama, the one wanting to pull this stupidity, is too much of a coward to stamp out Isis' main holdings with a ground surge I PROBABLY wouldn't go throwing that word around if I was a lefty. Just saying, you look like a hypocritical moron. Hell if he'd had the BALLS to admit he was wrong about them earlier he could have stamped this whole thing out before there WAS a real Isis.
    It's almost as if it takes an act of Congress to declare war and send in troops...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It's almost as if it takes an act of Congress to declare war and send in troops...
    I know, it's like how Obama was almost about to do what the right are bitching at him for not doing only to be told no by congress.

Oh and before anyone brings up troop pullout of Iraq, Obama's hands were tied by Bush on that one.

Deleted
    No Real Threat?
    So you think one in ever 200 refugees is a terrorist? Jesus....

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Obama, the one wanting to pull this stupidity, is too much of a coward to stamp out Isis' main holdings with a ground surge
    Yes because a land-based invasion of the Middle East worked so well the last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    the last middle eastern country the united states invaded made isis what problems do you want america to create this next time?

It's always funny how many of the left tell us over and over how bad minorities have it here but then want to let everyone else here as well.

If it's so bad why would they want them to come in the first place and why do they ignore the negative effect these people have on the native minorities that are already underemployed?
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2015-11-23 at 12:12 AM.

Our homeless children and veterans are more important. Let's take care of them first.

- - - Updated - - -

The bit about Obama and ISIS made me think about this picture:

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by sephaphath View Post
    the last middle eastern country the united states invaded made isis what problems do you want america to create this next time?
    I support subsidizing Middle Eastern McDonalds, and increased Soda access/consumption, to make them fat and lethargic. We just had that thread showcasing all the Right Wing terrorist attacks, that in general have done little to nothing in America, so... maybe supporting obesity and diabetes in the Mid East would be a viable anti-terrorism tactic, in place of land invasions, given its seeming success state side.

Please note ample sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    It's always funny how many of the left tell us over and over how bad minorities have it here but then want to let everyone else here as well.

If it's so bad why would they want them to come in the first place and why do they ignore the negative effect these people have on the native minorities that are already underemployed?
    probably because these happen to be the people working to try and improve the sitation instead of voting for rampant uncontrolled capitalism

No Real Threat?
    Cherry-picked quote lacking contextual relevance. All you have pointed out is the fact that refugees that fail to pass the vetting process do not receive asylum on US soil.

What gives with the irrelevant poison analogy? Sounds an awful lot like more unfounded xenophobia.

-edit

So you are parroting the Mike Huckabee analogy about a 5 pound bag of peanuts during his MSNBC interview this week.
    http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/wat...e-568391747804
    Last edited by Sury; 2015-11-23 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Being Muslim isn't a disease, communicable or otherwise.
    I have no doubt you realize that you're responding entirely out of context. In no way did I suggest being Muslims is the same as a disease. I stated that wanting to keep out something perceived as dangerous is not new. It has been part of the immigration process for decades. For a long time, the fear was of disease and those with a disease were kept out. In the 50's-80's, the fear was of communists and anyone suspected was kept out. This is not new. This is not fear-mongering. This is not xenophobia. This is self-preservation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    If only there wasn't someone who has already cut the Veteran Homelessness by a third....

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...een-cut-third/

or a First Lady who has been asking landlords of vacant homes to allow Vets to live there so they're not on the street....

http://abc11.com/1087980/

Unless you might be referring to the last Veteran's Bill the Democrats squashed since the GOP was attempting to use the VA as a Temporary War Fund by skirting the Defense Budget Cap?

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/v...nate/73157340/

As for your ISIS is hiding inside the refugees -- I'm not sure if it was you or someone else but you need to show me where that has happened. The only sites that claim that are Right-Wing garbage sites meant to scare stupid people who think there's a Muslim in their closet ready to behead them.
    I really like that homelessness article you linked. It clearly states there are issues with the studies. Not all locations use the same method to attain the data and often vary the method from year to year. It also points of that the 33% may be more like 6.5% dependent on what criteria you use to make the calculation. It even offers that the reduction may have nothing to do with any steps directly taken by the Obama Administration, instead resulting from the economic recovery.

As far as the Michelle Obama story, I'd posit that the single largest landlord of vacant buildings is the US Federal Government. They own THOUSANDS of unused buildings in every state as well as more than 650million acres of land. Much of which is entirely unused. That's 30% of the country. 75000+ empty buildings that the government owns for which it pays about $8B annually to 'maintain'. Put the homeless in those places. It's a far better use for them than what they currently are being used for...which is NOTHING.

Actually, I was referring to the VA hospital problem.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

why is it everybody only cares about veterans as an excuse to not care about other people?

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Need we reiterate that the Paris attackers were native born and the Boston boys were here legally on student visas (or at least the one was.
    The Russian authorities warned the US that those Boston terrorists were a possible threat. And they were still able to commit their act. To me, that is a good illustration of how inept the federal government is and why I don't trust them to properly vet (and properly deal with) 65,000 refugees.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You know, if you consistently insist on misrepresenting what it is Obama is doing you really have no one to blame but yourself when nothing makes sense.
    What is he misrepresenting? Just saying 'you're wrong' makes it difficult to respond as you aren't objecting to anything in particular.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    God this shit is tiresome. Immigration law falls under the power of Congress. Immigration enforcement falls under the power of the Executive. Executive discretion is well established thing. Law enforcement is fully empowered to prioritize enforcement. This is not "amnesty" as you erroneously put it, it is prioritizing the enforcement of immigration regulation on those who represent a greater threat to citizens than migrant farm workers and hotel staff.
    Such a comical argument. The President has authority over enforcement. Agreed. You have no problem with him not enforcing this law because you don't like this law. But what if it was a law you liked? What if he decided not to enforce property rights laws? Someone steals your car and you don't get it back because he has told prosecutors not to prosecute theft. Someone walks into your house, lays down on your bed, and refuses to leave. Yet you can't get rid of him because the executive branch has chosen not to enforce property rights laws.

His authority was never intended to allow him to simply ignore any and all laws he dislikes. If it did, Nixon shouldn't have left office. He could have simply declared that he was no longer enforcing those laws. Hell, he could declare that he's no longer enforcing election laws and his term isn't actually 4 years, it's 12 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post

Is anyone surprised that most red states are run by cowards?
    Yeah, that's not biased in any way. We could just as easily change the color coding to the following.
    Red: Concerned about the safety of the state's citizens
    Yellow: Uncertain
    Green: Lives in fantasy land where everything is roses and rainbows

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    You're talking about women, children, and old people who have gone through a 3 year process where, if at any point, they can't prove they're not terrorists, or if at any point their stories can't be corroborated, the whole family gets rejected.

Children are not M&Ms. Why are you afraid of children?
    This is such an outright lie. Yes, we're talking about women, children, and old people...AND MEN. You seem to have left that off...almost as if it was intentional. You also seem to be a bit sexist in you're implication that women can't be terrorists. There were women involved in the Paris attack.

And you can't be serious with "Why are you afraid of children?". For one thing, you're intentionally misrepresenting what was stated. And secondly, children can be legitimately scary. Go to Africa and ask them "Why are you afraid of children?" A lot of people will respond with something along the line of..."child soldiers killed my whole family". The world is not as simple and friendly as you seem to think it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Using your logic should we keep all white males out of movie theaters? I mean there's a incredibly small chance that one of them might go on a rampage.

The FBI Director said -- Well good for him. In the 785,000 refugees this country has taken in since 9/11 only a dozen have ever been arrested for domestic terrorism charges...none of those have been Syrian.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...orism-charges/
    And most of them came here before ISIS existed.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering Obama, the one wanting to pull this stupidity, is too much of a coward to stamp out Isis' main holdings with a ground surge.
    Ground troops aren't even necessary. We know where their main headquarters are, but the military has been given instructions not to target it and many other key buildings for fear of injuring/killing civilians. Plenty of high-ranking military officials have publicly disclosed that it isn't a lack of ability to end ISIS, but a lack of willingness to end them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    In what way is our current activity not violating that rule?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AssaultDrone View Post
    In what way is our current activity not violating that rule?
    No troops fighting. Only "advisors" and drones.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-