Poll: Favorite Race

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb What is your favorite race?

Greetings and welcome my dear champions of Tyria! Good to see you today.

I'm a little curious today: What is your favorite race in the game?

I'll let you guess mine
    yeaitsasura!

And yours?

See you soon!

10+ Year Old Account
    It was humans but after spending some time with my Asura thief, I'm starting to like that race more.

Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Asura because Zojja and Taimi!

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB multiple choice.

As it stands, I picked Sylvari (might be due to the "Mordremoth whispers" hype for HoT), but all the races are pretty well written, IMO.

Deleted
    Asuras are pretty great, I have two of them. I'd put male Sylvari after that.

Sylvari. Bisexual dragon minions? Lol best race
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Sylvari.

The general popularity of Asura surprises me however, they're short grey midgets with huge ears... I don't see the appeal.

As a human, I feel obligated to vote for humans.

Also, Divinity's Reach > all.

Charr

/10 Charr

Quote Originally Posted by Vanya View Post
    Sylvari.

The general popularity of Asura surprises me however, they're short grey midgets with huge ears... I don't see the appeal.
    I voted Asura, you've got mostly typical humanoid races, the serious charr and the fun loving technical Asura.

From a game standpoint, since all races move the same speed, small races appear to move faster than larger races and jumping is easier as well. Asura have some good animations too.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Humans.

In most MMOs, humans are seen as the bland, boring, and unimaginative choice with uninteresting lore, etc, etc. But in GW2, they are actually interesting, have cool lore, and (IMO) have some of the best armor/model combinations in the game. And they aren't necessarily the most numerous and widespread race in Tyria (whereas in most games, they tend to be the most common and widespread race lore-wise). Not to mention that Divinity's Reach is probably the coolest looking capital city out of them all.

Oh, and my lvl 80 Human Female Elementalist in Tier 3 cultural armor = hot and badass! Granted, I haven't touched the game in a LONG time, but humans were definitely my favorite race. Charr are a close second though (just because they're pretty damn funny).

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans or Norn, they both have an interesting story, look good and get the best armor models in the game.

Deleted
    More love for Charr please!

I loved them as soon as I heard about them when GW2 was announced. I had never played gw1 as it never interested me (sorry but it didn't) but decided on getting 2 because questing looked great, you can dye armour, and Charr are one of the best looking playable races I have ever encountered for a game :3

It's not just how varied they look as giant cat/lizard whatever dna they have mashed together to look the way they do, I love the culture. They were nomadic and generally not bad creatures (bar some) when Humans took their land from them. So they got mean and industrial and took it back, love it! xD

I love how Arenanet have treated their races. When it comes to Charr, it doesn't matter if they're male or female, if they can do the job it's theirs. And the only sexism seen if from the Flame Legion who think they should go back to their ancient ways of having females cook, clean and bear cubs. Do our females stand for this? HELL NAW!

Just love them in general, and I have 9 different Charr characters on my account all based on big cats, my main being a lioness looking warrior, and she rawks sawks.

I thought I was still looking at Gen-OT and saw this thread and thought "oh geez this'll be entertaining".
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lemur View Post
    More love for Charr please!
    I do like Charr and enjoy their 1-20 story, but they are just a bit too serious in tone. The running on all fours is fun, the horns are fun, the tail clipping through 90% of armors is irritating. (Medium Arah is neat though.)
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Asura. Don't like Sylvari aesthetically but their lore is the most interesting.

Deleted
    Sylvari obviously, they're like dryads! And I love dryads.

WTB multiple choices, since I love Humans and Norns equally (because best story and best cultural armors, ofc)
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

7+ Year Old Account
    Its all about Norn vs Charr. I vote Norn. In general because i can relate more to them and their culture as a whole. Even if they are not the most original race out there (Heavly influenced celtic races is not totally uncommon) there is certanly an appeal with them and i prefer them over the fur, but not for much.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Charr

/10 Charr
    10/10

Human=Charr>Sylvari>Norn>Asura.

As a long time fan of the first game the relationship between the humans and Charr and their racial lore is quite amazing.

The Sylvari also have really nice lore.

The Norn are pretty much tall vikings so their lore is also really cool

I've always hated what I like to call "Technobabble" races in sword and sorcery fantasy stories, so the Asura are a pretty distant last. This goes for gnomes and goblins in WoW aswell.