Deleted

Pet and battle pet name plates are not showing

Hey, so this is my problem here;

(Click to enlarge.)

I have

• the Interface > Names > Unit Nameplates > Friendly Units toggled on,
    • the Interface > Names > Unit Nameplates > Friendly Units > Minions ticked on,
    • the CVARs "nameplateShowAll", "nameplateShowFriends" and all the different "nameplateShowFriendly*" set as 1,
    • and no nameplate addon enabled.

I have TidyPlates, although I've tried both it on and it off, and it's disabled in the picture there. I have the addon AdvancedInterfaceOptions with which I can check the CVARs, and they're should all be correct. Here are caps of my interface options as well as the CVar Browser:

So, before I go nuking my Interface and WTF folders, I just wanted to check with you guys if you know whether pet and battle pet namePLATES should even work right now, or are they bugged for everyone?

I don't really want the health bars visible for my pets, or battle pets, but TidyPlates can't handle the names if the plates aren't toggled on. It can make prettier text-only names for units using the actual plates, which is what I want, instead of the Blizzard default crap text you see in the image above.

So anyone know anything about this? Could something somewhere just be conflicting with my settings and blocking the pet/battle pet nameplates from showing?

Also, please understand the difference between names and nameplates, before replying.

- - - Updated - - -

So... I take it since there were no replies to this today, that it must be a problem at my end of things. I think at some point I'll take my Interface/WTF folders and move them away and see if I can't get the default nameplates to pop up for my own pets. If that works, then I'll have to figure out what and where is conflicting, because I've got way too much shit in my UI set up to just nuke it completely forever.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-08-13 at 12:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Tried Shift-V?
    That's the equivalent of asking whether I've plugged the computer in. Also, as you can see from my screenshot there, I've re-bound "friendly units" to CTRL-7, so no, I've not tried Shift-V, since Shift-V does nothing, as I've changed the binding. And, you can see the CVARs.

But thanks for your concern anyway.

Although, I take it nameplates are showing fine for your pets, which is confirmation that something is amiss at my end.