New ToD interaction with Legendary

So I was going through the legendary items that wowhead datamined and came across this:

ww.beta.wowhead.com/item=133973/hidden-masters-forbidden-handwraps#see-also

"If Touch of Death does not kill your target, they will suffer its effect every 30 seconds until they die."

The new ToD which is useable at any HP reads.. "Use ancient Pandaren knowledge of anatomy to inflict mortal damage on an enemy. After 8 sec, the target will take damage equal to the monk's maximum health (damage reduced against players)."

Does this mean... Let's say on Pull I use ToD on a boss.. let's call it ToD1 - it don't kill boss, legendary dot that ticks every 30 secs(Legen1) for ToD1 activates.. 2 min's into the fight, Legen1 dot is still ticking and I do ToD2 this time since it has come off CD, so Legen2 - 2nd dot for 2nd ToD activates... 6 mins into fight 3 dots of ToD? providing Boss doesn't die.

The description of the item is pretty much a TLDR of your question. So, yes.

Uhmm, no. It will probably just overwrite it (or in the best case fire a normal ToD -funny how that's the opposite acronym ) - the vast majority of DoTs do not stack.
    Last edited by LoKSET; 2015-11-23 at 04:21 PM.

So the legendary just makes it a 1 time use at start of fight.. I guess a stam flask at start and stam food? then use it.. then forget the food but pop a agi flask 9 secs in?

Heck if we have fortifying Brew or warrior shout, throw that in there too! and just let it roll..

Maybe the increased dmg from your health due to food and flask negates loss of food buff 9 secs into fight?

I doubt it will snapshot - it'll probably deal your current health at the tick time. It's interesting what will happen with the DoT if you die.

Well it says.. Monk's maximum health not current health.. so it will snapshot your HP on pull looks like. Yeah I think though with you dead, DoT will disappear too.. but this is interesting in a way as to whether your crit food buff (assuming crit is our main secondary stat) will override the bonus damage you gain by eating stam food buff. Also snapshotting your HP due to stam flask can give you a lot of damage I would think just re-flask agility after 8 secs into pull.. I wonder what other modifiers can be added to this.. All you really need is on the pull based on the legendary

I meant current maximum health of course - it's obvious how ToD works. First of all I doubt Blizz would like shenanigans like us using stam flasks so that's not likely. Second, calculating at current levels of health that's something like 10000-15000 dps. Not anywhere near our levels of damage without it - since every other ability benefits from agi and not stamina such a scenario is highly unlikely - we will still use agility flasks, runes, etc..
    Last edited by LoKSET; 2015-11-23 at 06:38 PM.

What I'm curious about is how it will be on sustained cleave fights. Think a fight like Iron Maidens. On a 6 minute fight, you could have 4 ToD in the first 2, 8 in the second 2, and 12 in the third 2. That's 24 touch of deaths over 6 minutes. At my current health pool, that's 11.28mill damage. I expect to see the legendary get nerfed to one target only.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    I expect to see the legendary get nerfed to one target only.
    I honestly expect to see a few of these legendaries nerfed in general. Talk about a balance nightmare.

Deleted
    If they are going to work in Raids/PvP they need to nerf them to the ground or just disable them (atleast in mythic/arenas/rated bg), otherwise playing this game will just be silly grindfest 24/7 to get em or get benched, seeing how strong and ridiculous some of them are.

Deleted
    Am I the only one who is getting serious Fist of the North Star vibes from the new ToD, and the description of the legendary?
    Last edited by mmocd5e083015a; 2015-11-24 at 08:34 PM.

Except that in Fist of the North Star it's a one shot vital point kill.. here it's a dot.

Deleted
    It's not a DoT as the damage hits at the very end of the effect. It's the "you're already dead", assuming your HP is enough to blow through their HP (for most mobs out in the world, it is). And the new ToD even tells it's via "studying anatomy to deal mortal damage".

If that legendary together with that iteration of ToD goes live I would be very surprised.
    It seems broken and the legendary seems to be designed with the current ToD in mind.

If the legendary effect doesn't stack the best you could do would be:
    Start -> ToD -> wait for it to tick 4 times -> ToD again right after the 4th legendary ToD tick goes of -> and repeat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedray View Post
    Except that in Fist of the North Star it's a one shot vital point kill.. here it's a dot.
    Uh, it's very obviously the five-point-palm exploding heart technique.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.