Quote Originally Posted by Ruminations View Post
    Those of you who have actively participated in all of the PTR cycles for ToS know that the sky isn't falling and that balance is going to be in a good spot come launch. I would venture to say we're exceptionally good for more than half of the instance and above average for the rest. Don't fly too close to the sun while lobbying for buffs, or we're bound to get burned.
    Oh man another one of these posts. We're fine gaiz! Yeah don't strive to be the top spec or anything. We might end up last!

Those of you who have actively participated in all of the PTR cycles for ToS know that the sky isn't falling and that balance is going to be in a good spot come launch. I would venture to say we're exceptionally good for more than half of the instance and above average for the rest. Don't fly too close to the sun while lobbying for buffs, or we're bound to get burned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh man another one of these posts. We're fine gaiz! Yeah don't strive to be the top spec or anything. We might end up last!

Sounds like Memms spec all over again.....viva la 7.1.5

every fight i watched so far looks like the same result...ST sucky lower quarter, mixed fight middle dps.....long adds/full aoe top 5. Bunch of the Kiljaden fights did not look very promising at all....
    Last edited by Zan15; 2017-06-08 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    860 UA is still retarded strong and better than most 900+ trinkets anyways. Not even a proc to play around, which realistically makes it even better as the benefits come passively.
    It's reasonably attainable from Relinquished as well, which means 880+. Sure, there's other trinket options from those, but you can get a lot more relinquished tokens than J'im kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I've heard the same thing from quite a few people playing on the PTR. Certainly corroborates the story I've been advocating the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    I've heard the same thing from quite a few people playing on the PTR. Certainly corroborates the story I've been advocating the last few months.
    Seems akin to the same things we heard coming into this expansion though. We'll see if it is true. Remember they said: "I would venture to say we're exceptionally good for more than half of the instance and above average for the rest."

Hey I mean I hope we're in a good spot, I want us to do well. Lord knows we could use a bump after how this expansion has gone so far.

The hype around moonkin performance in 7.1.5 was much bigger than it is now. People were super optimistic. Then Nighthold hit and it didn't go especially well.

I'm not saying that we're going to be bad but the burden of proof so far this expansion is on the optimists to explain what it is about the instance or changes to the spec that gives them reason to be optimistic. And I think there are some reasons to be optimistic (SotA, mostly).

The thing that drives me crazy, though, is that the 40 cost AP starfall or at least 50 should just go baseline. It's so helpful for opening up a raft of different playstyles that allow us to be more adaptable to encounter demands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thedeisel View Post
    The hype around moonkin performance in 7.1.5 was much bigger than it is now. People were super optimistic. Then Nighthold hit and it didn't go especially well.

I'm not saying that we're going to be bad but the burden of proof so far this expansion is on the optimists to explain what it is about the instance or changes to the spec that gives them reason to be optimistic. And I think there are some reasons to be optimistic (SotA, mostly).

The thing that drives me crazy, though, is that the 40 cost AP starfall or at least 50 should just go baseline. It's so helpful for opening up a raft of different playstyles that allow us to be more adaptable to encounter demands.
    that huge hype was from noticeable buffs that moonkin got and it still wasnt enough...by what logic should we perform better now when we received only minor tweaks to 2 abilities that contradict each other? The scaling issues with moonkin are alarming (mathemathically proven on US forums), so the spec was buffed, performed slightly better for short period of time and with nighthold gear it started to fall week after week. Not sure why that should happen now, I dont think all those top specs got hit by a nerfhammer that hard.

Could you go into a bit more detail.

I might have been doing something wrong but I didn't feel "Above average" on Sisters, Maiden, Avatar or KJ which is already almost half the instance.

Also saying we are exceptional on more the half the bosses is misleading IMO. We are exceptional on naga brute dude and maybe the two demons (depending on strategy and lineup ofcourse). Tho I have not played the Head boss, Naga lady or Goroth.
    Last edited by wewe; 2017-06-09 at 05:52 AM.

Is there even any fights in ToS with many, long lived targets that could all be kept within Starfall's radius?

Since that is the only way to get competive numbers it would be nice to have even some use for us in ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Is there even any fights in ToS with many, long lived targets that could all be kept within Starfall's radius?

Since that is the only way to get competive numbers it would be nice to have even some use for us in ToS.
    Demonic Inq seems like it if the tank holds the big guy withing range

Also on avatar later on if you want to cheese the maiden and avatar at the same time?

I have the choice of replacing a 900 Starsurge or 900 Stellar Empowerment relic with a 915 Lunar Strike crit relic. Which one should I swap out?

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    I have the choice of replacing a 900 Starsurge or 900 Stellar Empowerment relic with a 915 Lunar Strike crit relic. Which one should I swap out?
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/relic, but my guts tell me to swap out St. Emp. one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would swap out the stellar emp relic as well.

Esp with 2P T20 on the way, more of a reason to keep SS relic.
    Though you're gonna replace all 3 of them soon anyways
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    So based on the change of the AsP cap to 130 with the t20 4pc is the opening rotation changing aswell ?

I don't think so. There's no more reason to bank AP than there was before, so unless you're saving up for an upcoming mechanic, it shouldn't affect rotation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I don't think so. There's no more reason to bank AP than there was before, so unless you're saving up for an upcoming mechanic, it shouldn't affect rotation at all.
    Well you'd still want to start with high AsP (just in case) for ED, even with the changes. If you're not using ED though, then yeah, literally no change. It's just a small QoL bump when you get unlucky (or rather, stupidly lucky) with OI and get a few too many empowerments + AsP as a result.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I think i had a 6 chain once. Was starting to get a little hard getting rid of stuff. Of course, that happened on trash

Any BiS lists for Tomb yet?

And before you say "There's no BiS list in Legion", our officers don't accept that answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Any BiS lists for Tomb yet?

And before you say "There's no BiS list in Legion", our officers don't accept that answer.
    And they think that's somehow going to suddenly make them possible?

Just make a preferred drop list then. Closest thing you're gonna get this expansion.