Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    That's who you were, the classic wandering adventurer, answering the call for help. You were present for events, always shaping them and leaving your mark on history, but the story was never centered on you. Yes, you fought the Lich King and helped banish his evil, but Tirion was the hero who destroyed Ashbringer and defeated Arthas, not you.
    I remember in Vanilla when Tirion sent me on a quest to rescue his son from the Scarlet Crusade and they kicked my arse and killed his son so he had to show up to save me. I sure as hell didn't feel like a superman and IMO that was much better because the game was cooler when you were the little man interacting with giants, sometimes pulling off great feats on your own or with help, because that made them feel more special. Nowadays it's all "Champion, we need your help!" and I'm like "what, again? can't you guys do anything? you have an entire army".

It probably didn't help in WoD that we also had a spacegoat peasant with a stupid accent rising through the ranks (and getting pretty much any important male NPC she met killed) so she became the player character of the WoD story and we became the Tirion, it was stupid.

I just can't feel immersed in a world that revolves around me and everyone appears obsessed with how cool I am, I have RL for that XD

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I remember in Vanilla when Tirion sent me on a quest to rescue his son from the Scarlet Crusade and they kicked my arse and killed his son so he had to show up to save me. I sure as hell didn't feel like a superman and IMO that was much better because the game was cooler when you were the little man interacting with giants, sometimes pulling off great feats on your own or with help, because that made them feel more special. Nowadays it's all "Champion, we need your help!" and I'm like "what, again? can't you guys do anything? you have an entire army".

It probably didn't help in WoD that we also had a spacegoat peasant with a stupid accent rising through the ranks (and getting pretty much any important male NPC she met killed) so she became the player character of the WoD story and we became the Tirion, it was stupid.

I just can't feel immersed in a world that revolves around me and everyone appears obsessed with how cool I am, I have RL for that XD
    They've been building it up little by little since WotLK. Fan outrage over Tirion stealing our kill is what sealed the deal on us becoming important really.

When it comes down to it, by the end of Cata we were on a first name basis with the Aspects. In MoP we were leading the charge against the opposing faction and saved Thrall's life.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    They've been building it up little by little since WotLK. Fan outrage over Tirion stealing our kill is what sealed the deal on us becoming important really.

When it comes down to it, by the end of Cata we were on a first name basis with the Aspects. In MoP we were leading the charge against the opposing faction and saved Thrall's life.
    Maybe the next leader of the alliance is US :P

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Maybe the next leader of the alliance is US :P
    By US, do you mean us, or United States? Both would be hilarious. Because everyone know that USA think they are the leaders of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    By US, do you mean us, or United States? Both would be hilarious. Because everyone know that USA think they are the leaders of the world.
    Well they pretty much lead North America and Europe, thats a large part of the world.

From mere adventurers finding our way through the Molten Core we've come a long way - defeating Old Gods, pushing Kil'Jaeden back in to the Sunwell, ending the Lich King's reign, bringing down Deathwing, stopping Garrosh... It makes sense that we're, at the very least, world renowned 'warriors'. It makes sense that faction leadership would want to put you in charge of leading an army to stop the Iron Horde from coming through the Dark Portal. We've been there, done that... we know what we're doing at this point. The story telling of the player character makes sense...

The problem is that it doesn't feel right in an MMO to be put up on such a pedestal. The game is a collaboration, so it's awkward to make the 'leadership' fantasy work when we 'adventure' and actually play out that story with other players who we know are also being told the same story. In WoD, everyone was not only was there to fight Archimonde, but was the General that lead the army to the Black Gate. So for my friend's story, I was one of his grunts, but he was one of my grunts in my story? Now in Legion, everyone is going to be the "greatest" and leader of all <insert class> on Azeroth. This immersion is just hard to pull off in an MMO. When every player is the greatest on Azeroth, no one is... not even the NPCs.

The problem now gets compounded by spectacle creep. Where do we go from here? Do we become faction leaders at some point? Or something more? I do worry that it will get blow out of proportion and we'll get something really crazy. Maybe we weren't just 'mere adventurers' after all. Perhaps we've really been some sort of Aspect or Ancient all along and we're going to 'unlock' or discover that at some point. Perhaps we're really baby Titans coming of age. Maybe we're Old Gods ('New' Gods?). It sounds crazy, but how do we keep progressing our story forward from here? It's not likely that we'll ever go back to being just adventures exploring the world.
    Last edited by Maltore; 2015-12-08 at 04:38 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    If it was the USA then the alliance would spend the whole of Legion bombing goblins to try and gain control of their oil fields :P

Quote Originally Posted by Maltore View Post
    From mere adventurers finding our way through the Molten Core we've come a long way - defeating Old Gods, pushing Kil'Jaeden back in to the Sunwell, ending the Lich King's reign, bringing down Deathwing, stopping Garrosh... It makes sense that we're, at the very least, world renowned 'warriors'. It makes sense that faction leadership would want to put you in charge of leading an army to stop the Iron Horde from coming through the Dark Portal. We've been there, done that... we know what we're doing at this point. The story telling of the player character makes sense...

The problem is that it doesn't feel right in an MMO to be put up on such a pedestal. The game is a collaboration, so it's awkward to make the 'leadership' fantasy work when we 'adventure' and actually play out that story with other players who we know are also being told the same story. In WoD, everyone was not only was there to fight Archimonde, but was the General that lead the army to the Black Gate. So for my friend's story, I was one of his grunts, but he was one of my grunts in my story? Now in Legion, everyone is going to be the "greatest" and leader of all <insert class> on Azeroth. This immersion is just hard to pull off in an MMO. When every player is the greatest on Azeroth, no on is... not even the NPCs.

The problem now gets compounded by spectacle creep. Where do we go from here? Do we become faction leaders at some point? Or something more? I do worry that it will get blow out of proportion and we'll get something really crazy. Maybe we weren't just 'mere adventurers' after all. Perhaps we've really been some sort of Aspect or Ancient all along and we're going to 'unlock' or discover that at some point. Perhaps we're really baby Titans coming of age. Maybe we're Old Gods ('New' Gods?). It sounds crazy, but how do we keep progressing our story forward from here? It's not likely that we'll ever go back to being just adventures exploring the world.
    It makes sense if you look at our characters as a continuum over the course of the entire game but it doesn't make sense for new players. Imagine somebody picking up the game, using a boost and being like what the hell is going on why am I so insanely important and when have I done these things?! Yes it's kind of nice but it could also be jarring. Also, I personally always thought that our characters were non canon and didn't exist in real warcraft lore.

Even if it's the same toon I always thought xpacs should be new beginnings: I'm a new adventurer going to Outland. I'm a different but brand new warrior signing up to fight the Lich King. My home & family were burned alive by Deathwing and I've sworn revenge. I've been overcome with wanderlust and left my cushy library to see this new continent of Pandaria that excites me. I'm a grunt who's been assigned to fighting back an invading force from Draenor. In each situation it's the same toon but a brand new (and lowly) "character" that grows throughout that expansion and that's their story. To me, personally, it makes more sense that way. I like it because you don't run into the problem you raised in your last paragraph, where does it stop?

And to answer your last question, it stops on another world where the dangers of that world are so abnormally high it makes Azeroth look like a barbie dreamhouse. That's honestly the only way I can see us being challenged because nothing else on Azeroth (except possibly N'zoth and 1 other old god but at this point old gods are chump change) that exists to challenge us.

True enough, and honestly, I made the sig a few weeks before that giant loss of subs, which was kinda funny tbh. I should change it.
    So your new sig is flip flopping after the whole "anyone else quitting warrior" thread you made, just wasn't enough drama in your life at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by Roshqt View Post
    I'm more excited over the fact that we basically get brf 4pc baseline through our artifact weapon.
    I think this is interesting too, mostly because blizzard said at blizzcon they didn't want us to have to look at our buffs and numbers of how much we can use our abilities. While they're putting more emphasis on enrage, more random rage and more ways to get rid of excessive rage, more procs through abilities and artifact weapons. There seems to be more management through our buffs than ever. Personally I'm happy as it makes farm much more interesting when micromanaging and trying to optimize, just got the impression through blizzcon they wanted to do the opposite. On progression this could quickly get tedious though so I guess I'm a little conflicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

Never heard of consumer rights?

WoD has largely been the "Fuck you players" expansion, a large hodge podge of blizzard not giving a damn what players think (especcially casual players and pvpers) and cut corners. Smallest/least content expansion with the biggest price tag.
    Yep 100% correct. That's what they did in WoD beta I can still remember the propaganda master, AKA the Jay Carney of Wow, Celestalon going on and on about how many people loved the changes when we had 30 pages saying the opposite multiple times.

Lol turns out they didnt block me. I thought their twitter was WowDevs

A bunch of artifacts got a 6th version. Arms' 6th version is an AXE.

Rejoice, all the whining people!

Deleted
    More looks like the icon for the blood dk :s

Yeah, I believe that is the Blood DK axe.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Is not. Here's the icon for basic Stromkar

Its url is https://wow.zamimg.com/images/wow/icons/large/inv_sword_2h_artifactarathor_d_01.jpg

The new one is http://media-azeroth.cursecdn.com/icons/all/inv_axe_2h_artifactarathor_d_06.jpg
    Artifact Arathor. It's a variation of Stromkar.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltore View Post

The problem is that it doesn't feel right in an MMO to be put up on such a pedestal. The game is a collaboration, so it's awkward to make the 'leadership' fantasy work when we 'adventure' and actually play out that story with other players who we know are also being told the same story. In WoD, everyone was not only was there to fight Archimonde, but was the General that lead the army to the Black Gate. So for my friend's story, I was one of his grunts, but he was one of my grunts in my story? Now in Legion, everyone is going to be the "greatest" and leader of all <insert class> on Azeroth. This immersion is just hard to pull off in an MMO. When every player is the greatest on Azeroth, no one is... not even the NPCs.

I'll be honest, the build up in your post, it made me feel like you were going to end in M Night Shyamalan fashion and everything we believe now is upside down....it was a dream, we're all still back in the forest with a little fairy friend, we're all dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Is not. Here's the icon for basic Stromkar

Its url is https://wow.zamimg.com/images/wow/ic...athor_d_01.jpg

The new one is http://media-azeroth.cursecdn.com/ic...athor_d_06.jpg
    Artifact Arathor. It's a variation of Stromkar.
    That is actually a good find! Checked with other of the icons, and they had different names in their links indeed, so that is a version of the arms weapon.

Deleted
    Let's just hope that, in addition to adding an Axe "skin", they have also changed or are going to change some of the current ones known.

Glad we got an axe finally - wish it didn't have a Death knight look to it

Deleted
    There is also a Shalamayne/Thunderfury skin on wowhead but i cant post it. can someone link it in here ?

this sword look so fucking good imo. we should get this weapon instead of stromkar.. could cry right now!
    Last edited by mmoc6d56670d90; 2016-01-14 at 12:30 AM.