10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what - one gets banned and another bot steps in?

You don't have to be in a Top20 guild or constantly be in Top100 to know what you're talking about=) See pretty much every theorycrafter for every spec.

Or you could just dismiss the top500-1000 logs for every spec as "utter casuals that are clueless about their specs" ofc xD

A great Shaman died for our sins today. A simple man who just wanted us to not accept mediocrity. To see past our simple mind. To forget the excuses we made up in our head to see fit with Gods work. May you rest in peace UcanDoSht, and may your true word about the Ele shaman forever live on. And may your fine craftsmanship one day find it's way to the right ears.. and end our eternal damnation.

Thank you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Wait what - one gets banned and another bot steps in?

You don't have to be in a Top20 guild or constantly be in Top100 to know what you're talking about=) See pretty much every theorycrafter for every spec.

Or you could just dismiss the top500-1000 logs for every spec as "utter casuals that are clueless about their specs" ofc xD
    Wait, are you honestly comparing yourselves to a theory crafter? You don't even know how EQ totem works, let alone most other mechanics of Elemental. Please, for the love of God, never ever compare your reputation to one of a theory crafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Excessu View Post
    A great Shaman died for our sins today. A simple man who just wanted us to not accept mediocrity. To see past our simple mind. To forget the excuses we made up in our head to see fit with Gods work. May you rest in peace UcanDoSht, and may your true word about the Ele shaman forever live on. And may your fine craftsmanship one day find it's way to the right ears.. and end our eternal damnation.

Thank you
    Great post for something that happens every ~2 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    Wait, are you honestly comparing yourselves to a theory crafter? You don't even know how EQ totem works, let alone most other mechanics of Elemental. Please, for the love of God, never ever compare your reputation to one of a theory crafter.
    That's quite literally not in the slightest what I said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    That's quite literally not in the slightest what I said.
    So you didn't just compare yourself to someone who actually contributes to the community? Your posts are just empty. Void of any constructive content. When I read the last 50 lines you've written I really feel dumber.

If you can't or won't present your own logs for whatever reason then don't talk about them. Your attempt to to fool us with with your lies is desperate. You could be Thrall himselves, but without logs you're just the Internet dude who doesn't know how EQ totem works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    To be fair, he doesn't get banned for long. Mods on this forum are really bad. This class sadly doesn't even have am active Mod.

To be fair, he doesn't get banned for long. Mods on this forum are really bad. This class sadly doesn't even have am active Mod.
    we have to be thankful for small mercies things could be a lot worse, we could all have the mod we used to have currently modding gen-OT, in which for these last 5 pages of discussion you would all be banned till at least the end of this century.

i dont blame the shaman community for being like this i blame blizzard for their lazy bad design and balance, i mean any elemental who did a year of HFC should hate the spec and the raid, i fucking do i mean what can you do other than whore single target and spam EQ off cooldown if that was possible to get emp CL, i saw tons of guilds having 4 hunters kill archimonde and 0 ele, just due to bad design/balance, that 4% buff we got 6 months in or something was an insult to lazy clueless shitty devs not doing their job, like giving ele a 20% buff would have ruined the games balance? nope we wasn't dominating pvp or pve, why would 4% do anything? if you're going to balance fucking balance and make the spec worth taking to raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    we have to be thankful for small mercies things could be a lot worse, we could all have the mod we used to have currently modding gen-OT, in which for these last 5 pages of discussion you would all be banned till at least the end of this century.

i dont blame the shaman community for being like this i blame blizzard for their lazy bad design and balance, i mean any elemental who did a year of HFC should hate the spec and the raid, i fucking do i mean what can you do other than whore single target and spam EQ off cooldown if that was possible to get emp CL, i saw tons of guilds having 4 hunters kill archimonde and 0 ele, just due to bad design/balance, that 4% buff we got 6 months in or something was an insult to lazy clueless shitty devs not doing their job, like giving ele a 20% buff would have ruined the games balance? nope we wasn't dominating pvp or pve, why would 4% do anything? if you're going to balance fucking balance and make the spec worth taking to raids.
    Endus is like the climax of exaggeration. This is where you see that people have no other hobbies or unresolved childhood problems. Anyways, a Global Moderator shouldn't just intervene a discussion and infract one person but not the other one. He lacks context.

As for the second part of your post <3 gonna be a great day for you tomorrow, justifying yourselves to the dev team apologists.

Well, no one really wants to become a Mod anymore, general behavior of people on this board has become really bad over the last few years.

Just look at the Offtopic forum, that's pretty much /pol/ junior.

i saw tons of guilds having 4 hunters kill archimonde and 0 ele
    Perhaps because MM Hunters were pretty overpowered?

Not to justify Elementals position in HFC, but honestly, in WoD you could bring 3 Warlocks / Mages / Hunter / Rogues to a fight and no one would give a shit, bring something like 2 Balance Druids and people assume Balance is important on that fight.

Pure Dps > Hybrid Dps, end of story.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-08-07 at 11:17 PM.

Perhaps because MM Hunters were pretty overpowered?

Not to justify Elementals position in HFC, but honestly, in WoD you could bring 3 Warlocks / Mages / Hunter / Rogues to a fight and no one would give a shit, bring something like 2 Balance Druids and people assume Balance is important on that fight.

Pure Dps > Hybrid Dps, end of story.
    yes but the problem was shaman was deemed so bad vs MM that in top end guilds you're not worth the gear, you're making your raid worse by denying the MM hunters gear because they are doing the burst, the execute, the target swap, the mechanics etc, the ele is just a sheep outside of EQ.

yes but the problem was shaman was deemed so bad vs MM that in top end guilds you're not worth the gear, you're making your raid worse by denying the MM hunters gear because they are doing the burst, the execute, the target swap, the mechanics etc, the ele is just a sheep outside of EQ.
    Even if Ele was better, you still couldn't beat Hunters.

Hunters, at least MM, was one of the strongest Specs in HFC Progression because they were Ranged, 100% Mobility, could soak shit and switch on any Target without losing a drip of Dps.

Try to name any downside of bringing multiple Hunters in HFC? There is none outside of Gear, you even make certain Bosses such as Archimonde or Gorefiend even easier because you have so many ranged Dps that can just snipe any priority targets.

The only Encounter type that would have punished a raid with lots of hunters would be a multi target / council fight, which was nonexistant in HFC aside from one piss easy encounter.

You could've given Ele mobile LB and you'd still be off way worse than hunters, sure you might've gotten a pity spot, but i doubt that the people who keep repeating how bad Elemental was in HFC would want that.

You could've given Ele mobile LB and you'd still be off way worse than hunters, sure you might've gotten a pity spot, but i doubt that the people who keep repeating how bad Elemental was in HFC would want that.
    yeh it wouldn't of changed much or made ele worth taking, personally i sat myself for archimonde mythic to get carried, because even if you progress it you're being carried since ele is shit at all the hard parts of the fight, i didn't want to hold back my guild, and i've been in on every first kill since anub'arak 25 heroic, so HFC gets me really damn salty.

edit: and i tanked mannoroth as 3rd tank blood dk, because damn it felt good to be really useful to the raid again.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2016-08-07 at 11:45 PM.

Last time was 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Excessu View Post

Thank you
    don't worry... epsi is here

Me playing Elemental instead of having another Arcane mage, MM hunter or Destro lock was probably the reason we killed Archimonde the day of ilvl upgrades instead of before. Feelsbadman.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    don't worry... epsi is here
    At the rate he's operating, probably not for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    At the rate he's operating, probably not for long.
    I bet until UcanDoSht is unbanned

Deleted
    I've been reading a lot of forums both on here and the official forums, mainly for the classes I play (shaman, paladin, warlock) and let me tell you the whine and fear is real. I don't think elemental will be bad come live simply because of that, the forums of nearly all classes are full of doomsday sayers.

It's obvious that some classes have to be at the front of the pack and some at the back, but balance should be so close that if you are good at a class and enjoy it there's no reason not to play it. I mean if you're not going for world first kills but how many people play that seriously?

Just wanted to throw some positivity in here. New lightning bolt sound ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bompton View Post
    I've been reading a lot of forums both on here and the official forums, mainly for the classes I play (shaman, paladin, warlock) and let me tell you the whine and fear is real. I don't think elemental will be bad come live simply because of that, the forums of nearly all classes are full of doomsday sayers.

It's obvious that some classes have to be at the front of the pack and some at the back, but balance should be so close that if you are good at a class and enjoy it there's no reason not to play it. I mean if you're not going for world first kills but how many people play that seriously?

Just wanted to throw some positivity in here. New lightning bolt sound ftw.
    Mechanically, the spec is sound and fun imo. A few here just actively bitch as long as the numbers don't work out for a guaranteed spot in those World First races. The thing that's not being acknowledged here is that this is entirely down to tuning within the next month. If the numbers work out for Elemental to take a high spot on at least several bosses, then Ele will have a spot, it's as simple as that. Yes, it doesn't have massive cheesing capability, but that's an issue with imbalance between specs in terms of utility for progress in general, not necessarily with Ele itself. Most notably, it's an issue with the Mage spec, which Blizzard absolutely refuses to make any less mandatory Tier after Tier, while other specs like Ele and Shadow have to hope and pray that their numbers turn out alright.

The answer to that, in my book, is not to give every other spec such as Ele the same or comparable toolkit, but to simply take some away from Mages, for example - who don't need mobility, soaking ability, TW, potential for top AoE AND single target through offspecs as well as other utility all at once compared to all other ranged specs. In my personal opinion the pure DPS specs should have fewer tools than the hybrids to make up for the lack of options for fights through offspecs. That would probably solve the issue of hybrid DPS being at the mercy of having Top5 potential on most fights or getting the shaft each Tier.

But, long story short - if the numbers pan out, Ele will nontheless have a spot. It's nowhere near as bad as it was in WoD beta, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Bompton View Post
    This is what I don't understand about this forum/discussion. If you are not (let's expand your "world first" point) playing top100, balance doesn't matter at all. No one is saying you can't play elemental at world rank 500. You always could, you can even bring 3 elementals and no mages in that bracket. So if we are talking about balance, we must talk about top 100 during progression.
    We also don't really care about rankings during farm when you can speedkill bosses.
    Mages were OP during farm this content, but that doesn't matter either. They were strong during progress, that matters.

Can we atleast agree on this?