Thread: Hecarim rework.

10+ Year Old Account

Hecarim rework.

Sometime ago i asked Ghostcrawler on his ask.fm about Hecarim rework.

At the moment he doing fine in new jungle at my point of view. But i think he deserve some update. He got escape yeah, but his W is kinda weak in early game.

Your thoughts guys?

10+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts are that people should stop thinking up updates for every single freaking champion. This invaded the RoG forums and now it's starting here.

Hecarim has seen a ton of play this season and is only just falling out of the meta again. He's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    My thoughts are that people should stop thinking up updates for every single freaking champion. This invaded the RoG forums and now it's starting here.

Hecarim has seen a ton of play this season and is only just falling out of the meta again. He's fine.
    Which makes me super sad. I just bought his Arcade skin

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, it's sad that he's fine?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, his W is kinda weak? Wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Remakes and reworks are for champions whose skill sets are no longer considered healthy or enjoyable. Since neither of those things apply to Hecarim, currently, it is not likely he will be getting a rework.
    RETH

No, it's SUPER sad.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Sometime ago i asked Ghostcrawler on his ask.fm about Hecarim rework.

At the moment he doing fine in new jungle at my point of view. But i think he deserve some update. He got escape yeah, but his W is kinda weak in early game.

Your thoughts guys?
    His W is anything but weak, especially leeching off of it with smite in the early game.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Remakes and reworks are for champions whose skill sets are no longer considered healthy or enjoyable. Since neither of those things apply to Hecarim, currently, it is not likely he will be getting a rework.
    I think there's a third reason, thematic consistency. Those champs where their kit is just a jumble that doesn't fit. I think Irelia falls into this category. Her theme is psychic floating blade mistress but only maybe her ult captures that feel. It's by far the lowest priority type of rework (it helps that her kit isn't the healthiest to face or balance in the first place) but it's still a consideration.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, its sad that most of the time there is someone better I could pick, so I don't use him as much as I could is all I meant.
    Last edited by Phookah; 2015-09-24 at 09:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hecarim is still a very viable pick. He's a non-terrible toplaner, a great jungler, and an excellent teamfighter with what is still one of the best initiates in the game. He's mobile, tanky, sustainy, and dangerous.

He's not God Tier - and that's not a crime - arguably the God Tiers are usually imbalanced in some way, or they are just perfectly suited to the current meta: they should not be the aim of the balance team. I'd still consider Hecarim a Tier 1 Jungler.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Irelias kit is totally fine, she has an early/mid power spike then falls off if you don't give her a ticket to the buffet. Nothing wrong with that, she also has a decent amount of counter play. Wait out the true dmg, force the Q to deny her CS don't engage when she's lower health etc.
    With all due respect... No. You couldn't be further from the truth. Feel free to not believe me, then take Riot's word for it, who have numerous times spoken out about Irelia, her thematic entity and her core kit.

You are confusing balance with 'kit is fine'. The two are only loosely related at best.

I feel Hec is a below average jungler. But then again I think Zac is below average and he's been untouched for ages now. Wutever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I feel Hec is a below average jungler. But then again I think Zac is below average and he's been untouched for ages now. Wutever.
    Zac is not below average.
    Hey everyone

Hecarim right now is not "fine".

The change to homeguard hurt him immensely.

The change to warpath hurt him immensely.

If you don't build damage (therefore being extremely squishy), then you are pretty useless. Before you can build a defensive item you need at the very least a trinity force (and a jungle item besides that... if you play him jungle). If you try to gank and they turn on you you're chopped meat.

Only advantage left is pretty much having ignite and tp instead of flash... But that's iffy at best.

His winrate has sunk to levels that are just... Sad. Try to lane against something tanky and just cry as you can do nothing to them.

He has a 44.77% winrate in the jungle (second to last), and is 49 out of 58 in the top lane, with a 45.93% winrate.

No, Hecarim is not fine atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyduke View Post
    Hecarim right now is not "fine".

The change to homeguard hurt him immensely.

The change to warpath hurt him immensely.

If you don't build damage (therefore being extremely squishy), then you are pretty useless. Before you can build a defensive item you need at the very least a trinity force (and a jungle item besides that... if you play him jungle). If you try to gank and they turn on you you're chopped meat.

Only advantage left is pretty much having ignite and tp instead of flash... But that's iffy at best.

His winrate has sunk to levels that are just... Sad. Try to lane against something tanky and just cry as you can do nothing to them.

He has a 44.77% winrate in the jungle (second to last), and is 49 out of 58 in the top lane, with a 45.93% winrate.

No, Hecarim is not fine atm.

IMO (just a lonely Gold scrub here) Hecarims biggest issue isn't damage, its poke (at least in lane) and team coordination is what lets him down.

In lane he has bad to no trade potential, this is made worse by a lot of top champions now having either decent poke or range, this is really a intentional weakness in his kit (he is more of a run you down all in champ)
    The other point is more a product of his kit, Hecarim requires good team follow up and his kit works both with and against some of his own team comps, the ulti scatters taregts, which while great for picking off targets can really do damage to your own team if you have a lot of AoE in your team.
    Also due to the speed at which his ulti travels it is hard to follow up as a team unless you know he going in and are ready, in solo queue voice chat is pretty much not an option so you are left with pings and crossed fingers.

Thinking on the option more Hecarim shines in a meta where the ADC's have low / no escapes, the top laners aren't full of CC and the split lane pushes are really the way to win games (giving him a chance to pick off individual champions) all of which really aren't true at the moment (at least in my level)
    We have tanks top like Rammus, Nautalis Poppy etc
    We have ADC's like Ezreal Lucian and we have team fights where burst is more important then chasing and wearing down opponents.

I really feel like his kit is fine but the meta does not suit him at all atm, it sucks when your favorite champions falls out of the meta but I really don't want to return to the monster days when if you got Hecarim top meant your team basically won.

maybe a slight numbers tweak here or there but I would be very careful about what gets changed.
    Last edited by rykon1459918; 2016-03-03 at 10:16 PM. Reason: typos

Sorry to double post but FYI Hecarim buff / balance INC this patch:

Devastating Charge (E) bonus movement speed is now multiplicative, and the knockback distance scales with distance traveled (250-450 from 300 flat).

Actually quite a big change it means more Movement speed (tried to work out the maths but meh its 7am here) on top of a larger knockback if your hitting them from range with E