10+ Year Old Account

Am I missing something with Binding of Issac?

I accept I suck at this game, but 25 deaths and i've yet to get past the 3rd level. Am I missing something? I keep seeing all of these cool drops, but pretty much nothing good seems to drop. In fact, more often than not I get these pills that decrease my stats, so i've stopped using them all together. And most Items I find are activatables. I rarely ever get a stat item. I HAVE to be missing something here with these drops...also I suck hard at these types of games lol.

Also, does the game track your suckage? I swear the second level is dumbing itself down more and more...
    Last edited by Ragu4; 2015-11-26 at 05:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    25 deaths is really nothing for just starting the game. Pills are hit or miss, but unless you are getting items that give stats, it's more worth to use them than not.

You aren't missing anything. The game is challenging and not every run is going to go well. You'll improve by playing more and unlocking more items.

You can track most of your stats like dearths in the stats part of the main menu.

A certain person (moderator, actually) on this forum raved to me about Binding of Isaac. So I checked out some videos of it and man this youtuber had like hundreds of videos of the game lol...

It's meant for you to cry and play a million times.

In it's essence it is a very grindy game, even at 300+ hours into it I still mess up quite a bit on my runs, and have only just gotten to the point to where i can probably start doing streaks on hard mode. It's all about game knowledge and knowing when to take risks and when to play it safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny, I make a bitch thread, then I finally get my first win! I had fear tears with splash dmg, plus whatever makes them super huge, PLUS a item that dropped soul hearts whenever I took dmg, so that waws nice. And the first activatable Item i like, tammys head, helped alot, cause i could use one every room. Time to keep going!

Deleted
    Are you talking about rebirth or the older version?

I found that Rebirth is way easier (at least to get to and beat mom) than the older version was.

7+ Year Old Account
    this is not my channel, but here is a video about Binding of Isaac

25 death is not so much as ypou think..) You just don`t know how I`m playing)

Am I missing something with Binding of Issac?

You are missing an "A"